It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President embarrassment skips ww1 grave visit because it’s raining.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: scolai

I wasn't aware that Trump's refusal to attend the memorial service for American's killed on European soil, during WWI, was an action of protest. What, exactly was the President protesting?

And, all this time, I thought it was just a logistical problem.

“(Their attendance) has been canceled due to scheduling and logistical difficulties caused by the weather,” the White House said in a statement, adding that a delegation lead by Chief of Staff John Kelly, a retired general, went instead.

www.reuters.com...

It appears the logistical problem was only in Trump's head.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I know very well that the President, at the very least, has help in making those plans, sunshine. That is why they have assistants, and assorted other hangers on.

Isn't it?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

...and you know everything that was going on, I'm guessing... Right?

You've no more idea what's going on as regards anything to do with protocol in the WH, and specifically the President, much less his security, then I do.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

yeah, i was wondering how many 70+ year old men would stand in the cold rain.

Never mind that. Its a chance for a "gotcha" on Trump...logic has no place here.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What is worse is that he is not going to Arlingtion to honor all American soldiers that have died. They gave his life for this country and he won't honor them...because it is expected to rain. However don't dare to kneel during the anthem and show disrespect to our country. This is YOUR president folks. Hope you are really proud.

edit on 12-11-2018 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2018 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Exactly.

I wouldn't have let my father do it when he was 70.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Wow that's like 5 days in a row is France really having crappy weather or what??

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Never mind that. Its a chance for a "gotcha" on Trump...logic has no place here.

Lol.

Umbrellas and winter coats = done. Absolute BS excuse. It's not the arctic. You guys are constant.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

So, you're saying he's too old and frail to do his job?

It's funny how much was made of Clinton's apparent frailty during the election campaign, contrasting her with the thrusting alpha male, Trump. Now it turns out that Captain Bone Spurs can't even take a bit of rain. Even with an umbrella held over him.

My dad is 75 and still goes mountain walking. Trump just had to turn up in a luxury limo.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FatherLukeDuke

Mountain Walking?

WhoTF calls "hiking" that?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I think the most frustrating part is the double standards and the excuses.

Remember when the opposition's brains melted when a Marine held up an umbrella for Barry? (Remember the time that was considered a scandal?)

But if Trump doesn't even want to go out in the rain it's "helicopter", "bad weather" and "logistics" excuses.

Shall we not then question why Barry flew around in heavy rain?

Oh, but Trump is an old man... Someone should tell that to this nice old lady that went out in the ice cold rain 3 years ago when she was 92 years old - to attend a ceremony to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI...

Perhaps if we held everyone to the same standards, then the division wouldn't be as big? Less changing the set of standards (moving the goalpost?) when your candidate is criticized?

Asking for a friend.
edit on 13/11/2018 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Come on fat man
That's some pretty weak tea

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Really? My wife is a gerontological nurse and mostly apolitical. She thinks this uproar is incredibly stupid, as taking the elderly out into cold rain flies in the face of any/all nursing training she has ever received in her 25 some odd years in the field.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Yeah, that was a stupid "scandal". I hold umbrellas for people as a polite courtesy. 2 weeks ago a guy i work with was trying to unload something large from his smallish BMW and I went out and held an umbrella for him.

Its just another example of simpletons pointing and screeching at any chance they imagine they can get.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Guess staying on topic was too much for you.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I know....I guess he's too old for the job then. I mean if weather is going to be a consideration from now on.
Colds come from germs not from being cold and wet. Just something people should know if you ask me.
edit on 11132018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

as taking the elderly out into cold rain

So the president of the US and your Commander in Chief is now "the elderly"? Wow. I thought his own doctor's report said he was the healthiest candidate ever to run, or somesuch? Now you make it sound like he should be in a care home.

out into cold rain flies in the face of any/all nursing training she has ever received in her 25 some odd years in the field.

What's nursing training got to do with it? He's not seriously ill, is he? Does he need a nurse?

Believe it or not, for people living in areas of the world with winters and rain (ie not Texas), going outside when it's raining is considered pretty normal, even for people over 70. There would have been pensioners in Paris on that very day going out shopping, without even thinking about it. And they wouldn't have had a luxury limo or a team of flunkies holding an umbrella over them. They'd have got the bus.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Bronchitis, which can lead to pneumonia, can be brought on by cold weather.

Just something people should know if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Really? My wife is a gerontological nurse and mostly apolitical. She thinks this uproar is incredibly stupid, as taking the elderly out into cold rain flies in the face of any/all nursing training she has ever received in her 25 some odd years in the field.

Cool.
So he is too old and infirm to handle being out in the rain?
This is what youre saying?

What kind of advice is given to the elderly about things like stress and diet?

Putting the elderly into high stress is prob not good.
Elderly eating McDonald's all the time is prob not good.
Ranting in Twitter at work am is prob not good.

But this being in the rain #???
Just too much.

There are rain coats and umbrellas.

As I said.

Weak tea sir.
Didn't peg you for one of them

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Sillyolme

Bronchitis, which can lead to pneumonia, can be brought on by cold weather.

Just something people should know if you ask me.

So we have a president that is so old and so high risk he should not go out when it's cold??

Ok

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join