It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I Got Banned From Trader Joe'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Baddogma

He's a good 'un for the laughs and ATS needs them a lot more than the bickering.

I was kicked out of the Tate museum this year because my backpack was 'too big.' It's about 10 litres and they have 1000 square feet of floorspace and had about 5 visitors. I could have handed it in, but some rules are too silly to respect.

As far as the OP, did you just ask once? When I get hit on I just decline, they say okay, it's the end, no harm no foul. The creepy ones are the ones that won't take no for an answer and try to talk you into it after you've said no.

Yeah when that happens, you just know those guys are the ones who would take you back to their place and you'd walk in and the whole place would be stuffed to the gills with dolls or something.

But with our fine specimen OP here, even if he did just ask once- he's a total stranger asking a girl to "hang out" after she gets off work. All she knows about him is that he buys beer at 10:50pm by himself at Trader Joe's.

You dont know that. He seems to be a regular. They probably met before.

And you don't know THAT.

Im not the one who made the initial assumption. I KNOW i dont know. You are the one who thinks you do know. When you don't.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Baddogma

He's a good 'un for the laughs and ATS needs them a lot more than the bickering.

I was kicked out of the Tate museum this year because my backpack was 'too big.' It's about 10 litres and they have 1000 square feet of floorspace and had about 5 visitors. I could have handed it in, but some rules are too silly to respect.

As far as the OP, did you just ask once? When I get hit on I just decline, they say okay, it's the end, no harm no foul. The creepy ones are the ones that won't take no for an answer and try to talk you into it after you've said no.

Yeah when that happens, you just know those guys are the ones who would take you back to their place and you'd walk in and the whole place would be stuffed to the gills with dolls or something.

But with our fine specimen OP here, even if he did just ask once- he's a total stranger asking a girl to "hang out" after she gets off work. All she knows about him is that he buys beer at 10:50pm by himself at Trader Joe's.

You dont know that. He seems to be a regular. They probably met before.

And you don't know THAT.

Im not the one who made the initial assumption. I KNOW i dont know. You are the one who thinks you do know. When you don't.

True. I assumed, from his telling of the story, that they don't know each other. So maybe you're right; maybe they know one another already.

Maybe OP will come back in and solve the mystery.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I'd have to pick 2 if any. 3 is out, because as another poster mentioned, she couldn't be selling alcohol legally, you have to be at least 18.

And I second the notion of OP coming back with a bit more info.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

A cute guy they are attracted to can get away with a lot. They will just giggle and say "isnt he cute?"
Another guy will do the exact same thing and they will be telling that story on social media for a week because they just cant get over how "creepy" it was.

There is a girl out there posting this:

"There was this creepy weirdo in line while I was working. He seriously looked like a skunkape, maybe around 23ish.
He was giving me the google eyes hard. He was buying Giant cucumbers, three things of lube, and duct tape, and cheap beer. Oh, and that's not even the worst part. He reeked of days old fish, he seriously smelled like fish!!!, but wait, he then asks if I want to hang!,
Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, um Nooooooooooooooo!"

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: KansasGirl

I'd have to pick 2 if any. 3 is out, because as another poster mentioned, she couldn't be selling alcohol legally, you have to be at least 18.

And I second the notion of OP coming back with a bit more info.

Ah, true- she couldn't be selling alcohol that young. Not here in the states anyway. Is Ape from Beitain? What the age restriction there for selling booze, if there is one?

So you're right, if he's American, possibility 3 is out.

Wonder if he will come back and clarify. I'm thinking some of us maybe chastised him into hiding. Which is good, if it makes him reconsider being a creep anymore.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

If they don't respect the first thing I tell them "no thanks" then they don't respect me, they won't respect me, and I got no time in my life for anyone who won't listen to or believe the words coming out of my mouth.

My dad would approve! He used to tell us that the first time a guy refuses to take "no" for an answer is the first clue he cannot be trusted.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I was on the other side of the situation last night.
A gal who I had never met, but is apparently friends with a friend of mine, approached me at the store.
Introduced herself and said she recognized me from a photograph.
She asked me if I wanted to hang out and drink some wine.
We did.
Watched a movie, had some laughs.
It was all cool.
edit on 13-11-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23Ok, so is "wanna hang out" a local saying then? Something fairly normal in your neck of the woods?

I'm still in the "stupid you got banned' camp.

Maybe it was for the best, (the turn down, not the ban) since YOU got asked out instead!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join