It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dream Of The Void

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I had an unexpected dream this past weekend out of touch with the kind that I usually have and it scared me quite a lot. Now I have been able to lucid dream for sometime now and I can usually rely on this to wake myself out of nightmares with out question I simply exert control of the dream and wake myself out of this.

Now this night I went to bed late around 0430 and within minutes of falling asleep I found myself in a average setting sitting in my house watching old music videos on TV, the video was It's The End Of The World by R.E.M but upon them singing "its the end of the world' the TV and turned off giving that old school white flatline like cathode ray TVs do when they turn off. Except when this happened it was as if the entire universe itself turned off or simply blinked out of existence.

I suddenly found myself (or at this point what i could refer to as self) surrounded by complete and utter blackness i no longer had a body but simply my soul or some form of enrgy was all that existed i could feel no physcal presence around me nor could i sense myself yet if i still had some semblance of my 5 senses, to say the least i could not see nor could i hear anything (think of in the most quiet of places say a senory deprivation room you can always hear something but the quiet here was deafwning through its sheer non existence of sound) as well as this i found myself to be suffocating i could not breathe though i tried gasping for air.

At this point i realized i must be dreaming and woke myself up into a lucid dreaming state but this is when i became truly scared as i have never been in this state yet not in control (this did not feel like sleep paralysis as I have experienced it before and have not been affected by it like this and usually I can pull my self out of that state), I became fully aware and started suffocating even more as every part of my being was screaming at what seemed an endless void i tried screaming but had no mouth to do so, this suffocation i felt could not be physical but instead somehow the suffocaton of my soul itself. I was able to wake up though as i could eventually sense some form of physicality whithin my dream and reached out for it with my mind, and upon doing this pulled myself off the side of my bed waking me up.

It took me a moment to realize i could breathe again and that I was back in my dark bedroom, I was scared by this and went outside and sat on the porch until about 0630 when the sun was up and I felt grounded enough in reality to return inside and go to sleep.

I decided to write this down to get it off my chest and see if anyone else has experienced the same as it was uncharteristicly frighting to me. Thanks in advance for any respsonses or insights any of you may be able to provide.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: The Arbiter of Lies

It does sound like a curious mixture of familiar things. The bit about suffocating is a trait of sleep apnea and the time you went to sleep is a great one for sleep paralysis episodes. On the other hand, apnea doesn't tend to involve clear dreams and SP dreams are overwhelmingly nightmarish.

I've had that disconnected thing like a hundred times and more. For me it's been like sliding out of my body and then floating towards the floor, like a leaf, rocking from side to side. I'm aware of it all and have no way of moving because I'm a detached intelligence without limbs. Gotta say I f***ing hate the experience, it's how I imagine being a ghost would be if ghosts were real. At its worst I've literally soaked the pillow with sweat which raises the question of how fast a terrified heart beats and what the core body temperature can be in these situations. The closest I've been to those heart rates has been doing interval training sprints and running my heart up to over 100% of max.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: The Arbiter of Lies
Tartarus (prison for angels / Rephaim) is similar in that it is impossible to make that last dying scream as your lungs are emptied of the last gasp of dead air before imploding with your spirit descending down into the Lake of Fire.

Take it as a warning, memory, understanding of what is coming or what you have gone through for the past 10-20 years.

Dreams are often lessons or verification of lessons that your spirit must endure before your physical life ends here on Earth.
edit on 10-11-2018 by Rapha because: Rephaim addon

join