It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist claims Syrian training

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
"

BAGHDAD — Iraqi state television aired a video yesterday showing what the U.S.-funded channel said was the confession of a captured Syrian officer, who said he trained Iraqi terrorists to behead people and build car bombs to attack American and Iraqi troops.
He also said the terrorists practiced beheading animals to train for decapitating hostages.
Later, Al Iraqiya aired another round of interviews with men it said were Sudanese and Egyptians who also trained in Syria to carry out attacks in Iraq.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Ok, get ready here we go into Syria. Another nice place to make glass.

Here is a key line....

"Weapons, explosives and equipment were all provided by Syrian intelligence, Lt. al-Essa said. He added that the group members received $1,500 a month."

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Syria is well-known for a safe haven for terrorist.So I won't be surprised if 60% of the terrorist worldwide are funded by them.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Decapitation 101, yeah that's believable. C'mon, training on how to cut something, right. This is just a tidbit of the classic "Problem. Reaction. Solution" paradigm. People actually buy this?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Mmmmm.... so Syria agrees to a plan to remove it's troops from Lebanon and deprives the Neo-Crazies of one excuse for conflict.
And then, a few days later a US setup and funded Iraqi tv station comes out with this story. The timing is just perfect really

Tapeworm (that's a nasty image), I agree with your statement. Hacking off heads with knives must be an aquired skill so I can see how training might be required. Do you think the trrrrrrrrists get a diploma to hang on their cave or tent walls

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tapeworm
Decapitation 101, yeah that's believable. C'mon, training on how to cut something, right.

Actually that part makes sense. Reports from beheadings when they were popular in europe show that its not easy, and using animals to train with is a way of 'dehumanizing' the enemy.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
doctor h,

i cant belive that we have made two theads with the same topic:

Iraqi TV shows "confessions" of fighters

i just find it "too convenient" that suddenly all this "evidence" against syria is pouring out. very well staged i must admit. soon everybody will hate syria, and praise the united freedom forces guided by great u.s. army, that will "eliminate" the terrorists in syria and "install democracy and peace".
how wonderfull.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Nygdan,
I agree, that part does make sense using animals to train. The part that does not make sense is that they would look to Syria for this type of "training". I'm sure Iraq has more than it's share of stray animals, especailly now. As has been stated by others, the timing is just to perfect.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I don’t find surprising that Syria may be harboring terrorist camps, but what it bothers me is that now after the incident in Syria is more information coming out and an actual confession by a “Captured Syrian officer”? that officer was very eagle to be captured and give a confession.

Also I will have to add that coming from Baghdad also make things sound fishy.

I wonder what happened with all the information coming from Iran, I guess we have traded Syria for Iran for now.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I don’t find surprising that Syria may be harboring terrorist camps, but what it bothers me is that now after the incident in Syria is more information coming out and an actual confession by a “Captured Syrian officer”? that officer was very eagle to be captured and give a confession.

Also I will have to add that coming from Baghdad also make things sound fishy.

I wonder what happened with all the information coming from Iran, I guess we have traded Syria for Iran for now.

I don't think it was a matter of being eager.
Probably more a matter
of being tired if all the special attention the Iragi army was giving him

You didn't actually think that we would go into Iran and not take out Syria at the same time did you? Bush is sitting it up so that if the need arises for a military action, then he will have carte blanc, kinda like 'killing two birds with one stone'
Everyone here had to have known that the minute we attacked Iraq that Iran and Syria were next. This was the plan from the beginning. I think it was Gen. George C. Patton that told his superiors concerning Russia, "Give me a week and I'll start a war with those commy bastards and make it look like they started it." It's Deja Vu all over again

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yorga

I don't think it was a matter of being eager.
Probably more a matter
of being tired if all the special attention the Iragi army was giving him

Actually if that is the picture of him in this thread provided by Souljah he does not look like he has any type of "coercion" like Souljah said "it is to convenient"

You didn't actually think that we would go into Iran and not take out Syria at the same time did you? Bush is sitting it up so that if the need arises for a military action, then he will have carte blanc, kinda like 'killing two birds with one stone'

Well taken from a conspiracy site like this one it's been rumors that all alone even before Bush became President the idea of a destabilized middle east was in the table.

Everyone here had to have known that the minute we attacked Iraq that Iran and Syria were next. This was the plan from the beginning.

Then you should be happy to know in our conspiracy theories it will be done by June.

I think it was Gen. George C. Patton that told his superiors concerning Russia, "Give me a week and I'll start a war with those commy bastards and make it look like they started it." It's Deja Vu all over again

Now I am upset with you I regard Patton as one of our greatest military General, none of the Generals we have right now in Iraq are nothing compare with Patton's ingenious mind. What we have now are just for show they don't even have to think to much

I don't like comparing geniuses with puppets

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think it was Gen. George C. Patton that told his superiors concerning Russia, "Give me a week and I'll start a war with those commy bastards and make it look like they started it." It's Deja Vu all over again

Now I am upset with you I regard Patton as one of our greatest military General, none of the Generals we have right now in Iraq are nothing compare with Patton's ingenious mind. What we have now are just for show they don't even have to think to much

I don't like comparing geniuses with puppets

Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you but he did say that. Got him in a lot of trouble with Ike. I agree that he was a genius. He was a student of War.
He knew ever great battle ever fought and could recount them in detail. The Germans thought so too and it is why Ike used him so successfully as a decoy. As far as Iraq goes, that was really not much of a war. The Iraqi army didn't put up much of a defense. Doesn't take genius to defeat an enemy that doesn't have the will to fight. What we are facing now is terrorist not an army. It is a different kind of combat with no front line, no defined enemy other than radical islamist who could be any Mohamed Q. Public on the street. Patton was more of a you line up your guys, I'll line up my guys and we'll slug it out type of general.

new topics

top topics

join