It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey talked about sensitive FBI matters on personal email: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The Hill

Former FBI Director James Comey reportedly used his private Gmail account hundreds of times to discuss matters related to his work.

The New York Post, citing documents obtained by a conservative watchdog group, reported Friday that Comey discussed FBI-related business with his chief of staff on about 1,200 pages of messages, 156 of which the paper obtained.

Well isn't this nice?

More of that 'do as I say not as I do' mentality of government officials. Especially guys like Comey. They spent SO MUCH TIME telling us what a "straight shooter" Director Comey is. Nice play media, nice play.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Anything classified?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
The Hill

Former FBI Director James Comey reportedly used his private Gmail account hundreds of times to discuss matters related to his work.

The New York Post, citing documents obtained by a conservative watchdog group, reported Friday that Comey discussed FBI-related business with his chief of staff on about 1,200 pages of messages, 156 of which the paper obtained.

Well isn't this nice?

More of that 'do as I say not as I do' mentality of government officials. Especially guys like Comey. They spent SO MUCH TIME telling us what a "straight shooter" Director Comey is. Nice play media, nice play.

Yeah this came out awhile ago in the inspector general's report. Pretty sure McCabe was doing the same as well.

It completely makes sense now why they exonerated Clinton. They were guilty of the same crimes.

Hopefully the new AG will indict the lot of them.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

No. The classification level is Unclassified. That classification does not mean DEclassified. It is considered secret information and treated as such. At least that's what I was taught when I went to all of my clearance briefings.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Unclassified still needs a clearance then, yes?

Any reason to believe that the recipient had the necessary clearances?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

If the recipient didn't, that's a whole different ball of wax. If he did, then that person is also guilty of violating IA protocols which are in place to ensure compliance with federal law. Not complying with IA protocols will land you in prison..

Unless you're Hillary Clinton and James Comey.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I would presume Comey's chief of staff would have the requisite clearance:

But even so, those messages were still held back by the FBI:

The Post noted that at least seven of the messages related to Comey's personal email correspondence were not released by the Department of Justice (DOJ) because they were deemed too sensitive.

The DOJ said the messages “disclose techniques and procedures for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions,” according to the Post.

Source is OP article.
edit on 9-11-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: forgot tags

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
And you know damned well Mueller is just as dirty as the rest of these hypocrites.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
@ JnC and PJV

So it's the what not the who in this instance?

Also the fact that they were not turned over.

Thanks gentlemen.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Presumably, but we all know there are glaring exemptions to the letter of law.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Presumably, but we all know there are glaring exemptions to the letter of law.

That point is clear. Since Comey has fallen quite far from grace, I do wonder if he still has some protections.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Probably wind up being Avenatti.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I think he'll be the go to law consultant on CNN.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Re: the what not the who

It would seem so. The specific reason listed is for the purposes of protect an ongoing investigation. With that in mind, it is possible that the messages not turned over could conceivably be being used against Comey.

...not holding my breath on that, btw.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

He's been pretty quiet in recent days.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I guess Comey figures he got his revenge with the Special Counsel.
However, my guess is Trump still lives in his head everyday.

I won't be holding my breath for him to be named into Saintdom,
no matter how high he thinks of himself. The U.S. is better
for his firing, even though Trump has paid a hefty price for
daring to cut him loose. For that matter, so has the country,
which is something Comey should be ashamed of.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The Hill

Well isn't this nice?

Unfortunately, most conservative republicans are like this.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

Oh really?

Seems like Democrats have a monopoly on this kind of #.

top topics

join