It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1987 Miniseries AmeriKa - about Communists taking over the US from the Inside

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I came across this video in a discussion about the recent "red flag" killing in Maryland. A "red flag" killing is when someone makes a claim to the police that they are in fear of someone with a gun(s), or they fear a person with a gun(s) will use them in violence. Once the report is made, a SECRET hearing is convened and a judge rules as to whether or not the person is a risk and if the guns should be taken away (not if the person should be detained). Well in this case, it was ruled this person was a danger, and at 5:13am some cops go to this guys house and "annonce and knock" then break the door in as the homeowner (gun owner) rushes (armed) to the door not knowing who is breaking into his house while it is pitch black outside. The man supposedly discharges a round (not at the police) and they open fire killing this man who has no idea what is going on. All because his sister (who he had just had a fight with and she was supposedly spiteful) reported him in secret. This is called a "red flag" killing b/c the person was red flagged for the home breach and seizure of guns.

The comments in the linked to article about the killing are the most interesting, it covers a lot about constitutional rights, about how an unconstitutional law IS NOT A LAW, and disobeying a law is not illegal and disobeying an unconstitutional law is just as if the law were never passed, because an unconstitutional law is null and void by the mere definition of the word Unconstitutional! The problem is that the US Gestapo and Storm Troopers will kill to enforce their unconstitutional laws, so disobeying is all cool, as long as you don't have a trigger happy thug pointing a gun at you. This law violates the 2, 4 & 5th amendments of the Constitution (the red flagging) and is wholey and fully unconstitutional and this hit squad that entered this man's house is what we have to look forward to if we allow the left to chip away at gun rights and increasing police authoritah. It also states that it is fully legal to kill a law enforcement officer who is enforcing an unconstitutional law, among many other things which Lefties would FREAK out if they read. I suggest reading ALL the comments on this link. This topic really deserves it's own thread, but it is being used to put the mini-series into perspective of what is to come, if we don't take a stand and fight.

Link to article

www.ammoland.com...

Link to comments if you can't get them through the page

www.ammoland.com...

So here is the miniseries (13 episodes) that ABC produced in 1987. It was only shown once then put in their vaults never to see the light of day again. It has striking similarities to what is happening today and shows what can happen when the incremental encroachment upon Constitutional, Civil and Human rights along with apathy.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 7

Episode 8

Episode 9

Episode 10

Episode 11

Episode 12

Episode 13

edit on 11 9 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

edit on 11 9 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well, obviously I haven’t watched 13 hours of this thing yet. Would you say in our modern day climate if this is a slap to the face of the right or left? You know, so we can go at each other.
I seem to remember this show but that was a long time ago, before we knew which side to call names and place our foot on their neck.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this with us. I was just thinking of this series earlier today but I couldn't remember the name of it.

Good find.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
There is a 1987 SNL skit that mocks this series called "Amerida" with Phil Hartman. I looked for it but could not find it. "Amerika" must have been well known then if SNL was making a parody. I do remember the prelude to it though which was "The Day After". They are not connected but the idea for "Amerika" was generated because of "The Day After".

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Man I wish youngerish people could live back then (1987) to see how things were. This current culture isn't "bad" I guess but it is constantly annoying and full of simpletons squeeling constant gibberish of no consequence while pretending that it's the most significant thing ever.

No relaxation, no clam, just constant noisy nonsense.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
***Off topic - but about how to watch the 13 episodes faster
I know this is a long series and i'm on video 8. There are slow parts but it does help if you watch it at 1.25x or 1.5x speed, you still get the whole picture and if there is a part that is important that you don't understand, then go back and watch it at 1x speed. I can't beleive I went until about 2-3 years ago before knowing I could control the speed on Youtube. I do the same with movies/tv shows I download and watch on VLC, but there you can speed up in small increments of .02%, maybe even .01%, so basically any speed u want between 1x and 4x and all the way down to 1/32 speed (so a 30 frame per second movie/show, takes 30 seconds to play 1 second of video - That is SLOW!.. You can also speed up to 32x speed if you want to search for something. Luckily both YT and VLC correct the audio so it doesn't sound like a smurf or person with helium talking. This is great for watching a lot of the news programs as well.

Back on topic

The series actually gives a pretty fair sided look at both capitalism as well as communism (totalitarianism in this case) and the perils. They do an excellent job of showing how small encroachments eventually lead to the complete removal of inalienable rights (which is why I tied this in with the "Red Flag" killing in the OP). I think some people have to have sympathy for SOME of the communists in this series because they are victims of their circumstance up to a point - but they are able to see how Americans act.

I found that there were many very wise sayings throughout. One of them, an old Russian saying that doesn't translate well that goes something like this. If you have an enemy or a person you conquer and work with them (not necessarily friends, but tolerance of each other and teamwork) you will plant many successful fields but if you enslave the conquered man (enemy) you can never bury him enough times (or you can never dig enough holes to bury him). It basically says that working with the enemy though distasteful is mutually beneficial, where fighting them and then oppressing them if victorious will result in resentment which will lead to constant tension and having to constantly punish them (burying them).

Another saying was that after 75-85 years of Communism, they are still waiting for the perfect Communist man. It is a joke within their own party b/c they know it is impossible. When you have a government like communism, which removes all decisions at the personal level, such as what crops to plant, what to build, how to build it, etc (as they always check with the party, who then goes up the ladder, and up the ladder even more - absolving responsibility for those below - NO PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!! SOUND FAMILIAR?) and they are then told everything to do based upon what, usually, one person in the party decides even if they aren't an expert in that area (which is why so much of communism was a disaster). This leads to a society where people can no longer think for themselves, they can't make their own moral decisions as to things like 'is this skirt too short or top too revealing?", or "is it OK to drink alcohol or smoke tobacco" - and just about every other aspect of public and private life. People loose the ability to use critical thinking to determine what is right and wrong.

Of course the state has obliterated long standing social/religious norms b/c they had to to be in power b/c they broke all the rules and were EVIL people (in the view of traditional dogma). But they end up being even worse tha those they replace b/c they have no reference point for what is right and what isn't - and the next person who is in power can change everything in one day if they wanted. It turned much of the population into mindless slaves who were afraid and incapable of thinking for themselves - which lead to the destruction of the society (and the MAIN reason for the brain drain from the USSR).

I understand why some people would think that communism would be a good idea - if you are a child surrounded by other children who have the same principles and near same wealth. But when you realize not all men are equal, some are mUCH more greedy, or violent, or sexual (rapists), or covetess, selfish, etc - you realize that this type of government doesn't work at all and there are people who get TOTALLY exploited Like Boxer on Animal Farm - and he is exploited by most all the population, especially the pigs (elites).

This series should be shown in every middle school in 7/8th grade and then again as a senior before going to college in hopes of vaccinating them from the communist propaganda they will be subjected to at most schools.

top topics

join