It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the winters are getting colder and longer.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I'd love a cold, long winter. Would be a nice change from the record high temps we've been having here basically every other day.

Not sure where you're at, but most of the USA has been setting cold records the last several years. Hell it was colder here in Indiana two winters ago than the planet Mars.

weather.com...

weather.com...

notrickszone.com...
www.washingtonpost.com... dents-are-fuming/?utm_term=.32f9dadc0247

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: whiteblack

Interesting idea, but it doesn't explain warming.

Also, the evidence doesn't seem to indicate that to be the case. The strength of Earth's magnetic field has been declining for several hundred years. Solar activity, not so much.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Impressive. Here's something else to chew on.

In the past 365 days there have been 182 all time high temperature records set and 21 all time low temperature records set. All time. Highest recorded ever. More than 8 times as many high temperature records as low.

In the past 365 days there have been 3,500 monthly high temperature records and 807 monthly low temperature records set. 4 to 1.

In the past 365 days there have been 69,755 daily high temperature records set and 33,984 daily low temperature records set. Twice as many.
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

Doesn't seem to indicate cooling.

edit on 11/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Winters are not getting colder or longer. The planet has been warming even though sunspot numbers have been declining for 60 years or so.

Thanks for the pixel grid that opposes our personal experience.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

Thanks for the pixel grid that opposes our personal experience.

Happy to help. I'm sure your personal experience reflects that of the planet. But I'm not sure you would notice a change in average temperature of less than 2º over several decades. It takes instruments and records to do that.

And the others who have posted in this thread about their experience, the ones who don't see shorter and colder winters? They don't count?

edit on 11/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The winters in Southern California have been downright hot and dry. No wonder everybody keeps moving here.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Are they moving there because winter's everywhere else have been brutal ?

Gee the climate is changing...actually not really..but sometimes the WEATHER does...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
the apparent weather changes have to do with the cycle of the Sunspots (we are experiencing a time of Solar Minimum) also the planets' orbit in in one of the more eccentric phases which is a natural variation of the 'Average',

I think the planet is in a longer-than-usual time frame in which It receives less intense light radiation because of the Angle of the orbit and also being a further distance from the 'cooler' Sun....

just a layman's explanation

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This thread has been popcorn gold. Had to chime in when I read this.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Except the winters aren't getting colder and longer, they're getting way warmer and shorter. I guess it all depends on where you live. LOL Seriously. Last winter, I wore an actual coat like 5 times.

I just debunked the thread!
edit on 12-11-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: Blue Shift

Are they moving there because winter's everywhere else have been brutal ?

Gee the climate is changing...actually not really..but sometimes the WEATHER does...

But actual meteorological records or recorded weather temperatures, show that the average global temperature (Climate) is getting warmer. So....

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Beats the hell out of politics.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Cheers to that !

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

My bad, I know you’re not here for the ‘back-patting’, but that was a Phage gem. Totally beats politics. Hell, even beats bad jokes and/or dry humor. Definitely beats taking the Jets to cover at home against the Bills. #BadBeatsFTW

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

as usual...very soon after I post info on a thread --> there suddenly gets published a new source of info to back up my claims...here's a new info release on colder weather forecast because of solar minima

TITLE: Lack of sunspots to bring record cold, warns NASA scientist
November 12, 2018 by Robert //:

www.iceagenow.info...

Data from NASA’s TIMED satellite show that the thermosphere (the uppermost layer of air around our planet) is cooling and shrinking, literally decreasing the radius of the atmosphere.

“If current trends continue, it could soon set a Space Age record for cold,” says Mlynczak. “We’re not there quite yet, but it could happen in a matter of months.”

about the orbit variation, i think the Milankovich cycles attest to that aspect of varying hot-cold-wet-dry cycles/patterns that stretch over years or decades/centuries even... there are a good number of aware members here on ATS of what i speak of....

see ya around...unless your one of those that deserve being Purged by the MAGA swamp draining

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Yep, it's cooling down, way way way up there. Like it always does as solar minimum approaches.

“The thermosphere always cools off during Solar Minimum. It’s one of the most important ways the solar cycle affects our planet,” explains Mlynczak, who is the associate principal investigator for SABER.

“We are especially pleased that SABER is gathering information so important for tracking the effect of the Sun on our atmosphere,” says James Russell, SABER’s Principal Investigator at Hampton University. “A more than 16-year record of long-term changes in the thermal condition of the atmosphere more than 70 miles above the surface is something we did not expect for an instrument designed to last only 3-years in-orbit.”

spaceweatherarchive.com...

Meanwhile, on the surface, where climate and weather are, where people are, it's getting warmer.

edit on 11/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Its not getting warmer in reality, NOAA has been using adjusted and flawed measuring sites, as you would expect from a government funded organisation , who has to come up with the right answers to keep the funding

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Its not getting warmer in reality,

Incorrect.

You can consult with Richard Muller, who used to think that was the case. Until he did the work himself.
www.nytimes.com...

berkeleyearth.org...

edit on 11/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

seems more like extreme polarization of climate

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Doesn't seem like it's cooling down.

Oh, I forgot. You think that global warming means it won't ever be cold anywhere.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join