It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the winters are getting colder and longer.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Everythings controlled by Sun. If there's something unusual activity with Sun, earth will be affected. No matter what. Sunspots declining? Yup Sun's been quitely.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Not in Colorado it isn't! The mountains hardly got any snow, we were way below our normal snowpack, and the winter was mild. I've been here since 74', native Coloradoan, and winters have slowly been getting milder and milder with less and less snow. People freak out over a foot of snow, when that used to be the normal snowfall when I was a kid. Then again maybe it's just all the people moving here from warmer states who have no freaking clue what a real Colorado winter is.
I'm wondering when we will get a real winter again to be honest.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
From what I get in my inbox, from more than 5 sources most days, I think the world is cooling, yes summers are hot, they are supposed to be ! but with snow in strange places, and early snow where its not supposed to be that early, and staying later, as in the America sky resorts, the Atlantic current slowing down, the jet stream wandering around, the east coast getting some really brutal winters, I firmly believe we are going to get some really crap winters.
Remember Mr Al Gore assured us the north pole would be ice free now ? yet research vessels get stuck in the stuff in summer ?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Remember Mr Al Gore assured us the north pole would be ice free now ?

Nope, I don't remember any such assurance. Can you provide a reminder?
edit on 11/11/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It appears that they start quite fast, 2024 all the major planets lie on the same side of the sun. If the Milankovitch cycles are right the obliquity of the earth from the sun will be at its maximum of 13 per cent , the solar radiation will then according to the inverse square law drop 27 per cent. Strangely this also coincides with the projected drop in solar activity

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

It appears that they start quite fast,
Not really, no. Not in human terms.

2024 all the major planets lie on the same side of the sun.
Astrology. Fun stuff.

If the Milankovitch cycles are right the obliquity of the earth from the sun will be at its maximum of 13 per cent
13 percent? Obliquity is an angular measurement. Not a percentage. So, no.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Yes should have said orbit. Whatever we are dealing with these cycles are only part of the story. If we start with saying the normal state of the Earth is glaciation, that is a hundred thousand years of glaciation, with about ten thousand in the periods where the ice sheets retreat. Then at the moment we seem to have had the interglacial period.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Yes should have said orbit
You mean eccentricity? No, it won't reach 13%. And certainly not in 2024.
biocycle.atmos.colostate.edu...

If we start with saying the normal state of the Earth is glaciation
Why would we start with saying that?
serc.carleton.edu...

Then at the moment we seem to have had the interglacial period.

Yes. Yes we are experiencing an interglacial period.

And based on various estimates (by climatologists, not youtubers) we have anywhere from 5,000 to 50,000 years before the next glaciation may begin. Not sudden by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I hear the Canadians have stopped all shipping through the north west passage ,due to global warming?, and the fact that walking to Russia will require Inuit knowledge and thermals .Anyway it is what it is and their seems to be a discrepancy between, Al Gore's figures and what is happening on the ground now, anyway lets have a bit of levity this guys funny.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I hear the Canadians have stopped all shipping through the north west passage ,due to global warming?, and the fact that walking to Russia will require Inuit knowledge and thermals
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Al Gore's figures and what is happening on the ground now
What are the figures to which you refer?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
With this model Britain at present is seeing motorways closed due to snow in April, hot summers which are shorter. That's not to bad,, but the minimum is yet to occur, where next winter could have the motorway closed due to snow in May.

I can't speak for the Britain in his universe, but we don't have shorter summers in this one.

This year was an outlier but snow in April has been a thing since I was a kid, particularly in Scotland. The longer hotter summers - t shirt weather in mid october - we have now were not. Likewise the autumn. Despite some very blustery weather, most of the trees in my garden and beyond still have leaves on today.

What you have to remember is that Britain is on the same latitude as Nova Scotia. Our weather is dominated by the Gulf and Jet streams, both of which are disrupted in standard climate change models.

So, we now have very hot summers that go on into October. Then we have wet and windy weather until the New Year. Winter kicks in in January, as usual, and is harsher. Some years it gives way to more wet and windy weather in late February, sometimes it gives way to a fake spring around the same time, sometimes it drags on to Easter.

Cherry picking is not a good way to support a point.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This is US now

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

This is US now

No.
It says valid Nov 17 - 21,

Now is Nov 11.

Did you check the 8-14 day outlook?

edit on 11/12/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Winters are not getting colder or longer. The planet has been warming even though sunspot numbers have been declining for 60 years or so.

I have looked at your graphs and I think you REALLY NEED to look at what you post before you try to use it to support your man made global warming clap trap.

Lets just say your accurate and it shows does not support what the OP is claiming (increase sunspot is causing increase winter) .

when one looks at your graphs it shows DECREASING sunspots in DIRECT CORRELATION to increase in "land and ocean temperature anomalies"...

in short DECREASING sunspots is CAUSING global warming.

not man made but SUNSPOTS.

You attempt to discredit the OP just discredited the whole man made global warming argument.

WELL DONE.

the irony hereof is amazing.

Scrounger

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

when one looks at your graphs it shows DECREASING sunspots in DIRECT CORRELATION to increase in "land and ocean temperature anomalies"...

That's correct. And that's what I said. In words.

Now, go back and try to understand the theory put forth in the OP. The theory says declining solar activity should result in falling temperatures. That is not what's been happening. You agree.

Correlation does not imply causation. It's a pretty basic tenet of science.
Correlation

Now, if you can come with a mechanism whereby declining solar activity would result in warming, you might have something.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

a reply to: pikestaff

Remember Mr Al Gore assured us the north pole would be ice free now ?

Nope, I don't remember any such assurance. Can you provide a reminder?

I would if I could, my ad blocker stops me, I don't understand why, it lets emails thru. Anyway, try a search engine search ?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Just did a search engine on Mr Al Gore, quite a lot about his predictions of an ice free north pole, three years running the same prediction was made.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

That's correct. And that's what I said. In words.

Now, go back and try to understand the theory put forth in the OP. The theory says declining solar activity should result in falling temperatures. That is not what's been happening. You agree.

Correlation does not imply causation. It's a pretty basic tenet of science.
Correlation

Now, if you can come with a mechanism whereby declining solar activity would result in warming, you might have something.

wow you say its proof that it discredits the OP.

but then when I used THE SAME PROOF to show its sunspots not man causing global warming you state
"Correlation does not imply causation. It's a pretty basic tenet of science."

so by those very words then you CANT use it as proof against the OP theory.

here again is also your own words.

I did using YOUR OWN GRAPHS.

because "correlation does not imply causation" (your point and words) isnt a one way street.

so either your graphs are facts that discredit the OP then it discredits man made global warming AND shows sunspots do correlate global warming

Or your facts dont disprove the OP and cant show my point

so which is it.

scrounger
edit on 12-11-2018 by scrounger because:

edit on 12-11-2018 by scrounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

wow you say its proof that it discredits the OP.
Please point out where I said that.

I did using YOUR OWN GRAPHS.
Perhaps you don't understand the term "mechanism." It refers to a process which could account for a correlation. How can decreasing solar activity cause warming? Any ideas?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Decrease solar activity = decrease magnetic field

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join