It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DEA and ICE are hiding surveillance cameras in streetlights

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Winterpain

Criminals could communicate without even typing anything in the chat if they have a pre established code.

I think you are right, there is no going back.

So... The only way forward is to eliminate Everyone's privacy and open up All the information to the public so we are all on equal footing. This can only be done with a one world gov so there is no such thing as "national security concerns". Any crime committed by anyone could be watched in real time and prevented or punished immediately after. Politicians, police, i guess the idea of military and business/economy would be radically different with zero privacy everywhere at all times. No proprietary secrets. People would create things because they wanted to, not to "get rich".

We are a long way from that point barring some miracle event. So we have to go through a stage of surveillance states until people get tired of that. But eventually we will have to make a choice: zero privacy for citizens only (unless your a "class A" elite citizen) or zero privacy for Everyone no exceptions.

Or we shun technology, and barring some miracle, that is gonna be even more difficult than creating a world gov and probably not desireable by most people, as opposed to the other two options ai mentioned...

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I find it amusing the people will accept this dystopic "surveillance state" just because the words ICE may be attached, yet if this was done under Obama they would be the first crying about a "communist new world order"

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I was going to make a thread about this last week because one of these vans was parked outside where I live and the guy was at one of the street lights doing something, I saw another pole attached to the street light which had cctv attached to that pole. Was strange i thought.. so i watched to see what he was doing... unfortunately i didn't see from the very beginning so i could only see him dismantling the equipement and putting it back into his van. This was after 11pm at night, could have closer to 12am. I hadn't seen that cctv pole there before, so I thought what was the point of setting up a cctv just now and then dismantling it 5 or 10 mins later. anyway, i was going to take some photos from my window butit was pretty dark so didn't bother.

On their website below, they say it's all about traffic data collection but I'm not so sure. Anyway if you think about it, those cams set up for traffic... are also looking at everything else that passes by. So yeah INTELLIGENT DATA COLLECTION. Just look at the initials of Intelligent Data. ID.

intelligentdatacollection.com...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the road I live on is a very quiet one and no traffic passes through, just people parking up who live here. maybe they are tryingto find me because of my posts on this site! I BETTER BE CAREFUL FROM NOW ON. HA HA!
edit on CSTSat, 10 Nov 2018 06:03:04 -06000000003006x004x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It is time for civilians to start destroying the surveillance with handheld class 3 lasers available for export to .ost countries in the world. Those lasers which you can hold like a flashlight can easily destroy the cameras sensor from half a mile away or more on full charge.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I've spoke about this on other 'OMG they are watching us 24/7' threads. First thing is who are 'they' .. and if by they people mean the law enforcement authorities (FBI CIA etc etc call it what you want) then if they are watching you then you are obviously up to no good. Because I can guarantee every single camera is actively being watching 24/7 do you realise the man power and computer power it would take to record constant footage 24/7

I worked Ina large retail centre here in the UK, I was a loss prevention officer (posh word ford rent a cop) for at least 10 years. At my disposal I had up to 160 cameras that I could choose which ranged from static cameras to PTZ (pan tilt zoom) cameras. Now someone who would notice these cameras on the outside would look around and presume every single one is recording and there is someone watching every single camera. Sorry but that's complete BS

When I operated the cameras, just me no one else, I had to monitor 32 cameras at once. But wait I said I had at least 160 cameras right ? That's because due to computing power, size of DVRs we could only have 32 cameras permanently recording. So I could have cameras 1-32 recording ... but to get camera 33 to start recording I'd have to actively switch cameras and have it on a main viewing monitor.

So yes you might see 100s of cameras everywhere but 1) the owners might not be actively viewing the camera and 2) th camera may not be even recording until an operator selects the camera. In this day in age majority of CCTV now is recorded onto DVRs no more old school film tapes. Now image the size and amount of DVRs it would take to record everything and with that if you wanted to permanently store every single bit of footage think how big of a hard drive you would need. In my old work we could could only hold CCTV for a month before it was over written, unless we specifically saved certain footage after a month majority of the CCTV would be wiped.

Also there is man power, to watch EVERYONE actively you would need a huge amount of people. Look at this way, when I was a rent a cop and I was viewing a potential shop lifting that shoplifter would be say 1 out of 300 people in the building. When I'm focused on that 1 person I am not watching anyone else. So unless you were actively being watched you are NOT being watched 24/7 just because you see an ex amount of cameras. Which goes back to what I said at the start if you're being actively watched then it must be for a reason and therefore up to no good.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Good to hear.

Too bad a simple IR light, and/or camera can easily detect and blind these things (provided they even have low light capabilities).

Big brother isn't wanted. No matter how much "crime" it causes, the days of a police state are over.

Only care about "real" crimes with real human victims. The State isn't a person, and can't be a victim. "Society" isn't a person either, and can't be a victim.
edit on 11/10/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
I've spoke about this on other 'OMG they are watching us 24/7' threads. First thing is who are 'they' .. and if by they people mean the law enforcement authorities (FBI CIA etc etc call it what you want) then if they are watching you then you are obviously up to no good. Because I can guarantee every single camera is actively being watching 24/7 do you realise the man power and computer power it would take to record constant footage 24/7

I worked Ina large retail centre here in the UK, I was a loss prevention officer (posh word ford rent a cop) for at least 10 years. At my disposal I had up to 160 cameras that I could choose which ranged from static cameras to PTZ (pan tilt zoom) cameras. Now someone who would notice these cameras on the outside would look around and presume every single one is recording and there is someone watching every single camera. Sorry but that's complete BS

When I operated the cameras, just me no one else, I had to monitor 32 cameras at once. But wait I said I had at least 160 cameras right ? That's because due to computing power, size of DVRs we could only have 32 cameras permanently recording. So I could have cameras 1-32 recording ... but to get camera 33 to start recording I'd have to actively switch cameras and have it on a main viewing monitor.

So yes you might see 100s of cameras everywhere but 1) the owners might not be actively viewing the camera and 2) th camera may not be even recording until an operator selects the camera. In this day in age majority of CCTV now is recorded onto DVRs no more old school film tapes. Now image the size and amount of DVRs it would take to record everything and with that if you wanted to permanently store every single bit of footage think how big of a hard drive you would need. In my old work we could could only hold CCTV for a month before it was over written, unless we specifically saved certain footage after a month majority of the CCTV would be wiped.

Also there is man power, to watch EVERYONE actively you would need a huge amount of people. Look at this way, when I was a rent a cop and I was viewing a potential shop lifting that shoplifter would be say 1 out of 300 people in the building. When I'm focused on that 1 person I am not watching anyone else. So unless you were actively being watched you are NOT being watched 24/7 just because you see an ex amount of cameras. Which goes back to what I said at the start if you're being actively watched then it must be for a reason and therefore up to no good.

Smart CCTV cameras would be motion activated. They would also use intelligent motion detection to identify vehicles and people moving. Some systems were even able to identify what people were doing and how many. Keywords are "automated video analysis"

ia-e.org...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join