It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DEA and ICE are hiding surveillance cameras in streetlights

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) have hidden an undisclosed number of covert surveillance cameras inside streetlights around the country, federal contracting documents reveal.

“We do streetlight concealments and camera enclosures,” Crawford told Quartz. “Basically, there’s businesses out there that will build concealments for the government and that’s what we do. They specify what’s best for them, and we make it. And that’s about all I can probably say.” However, she added: “I can tell you this—things are always being watched. It doesn’t matter if you’re driving down the street or visiting a friend, if government or law enforcement has a reason to set up surveillance, there’s great technology out there to do it.”

The DEA and ICE are hiding surveillance cameras in streetlights

Hopefully most of you on this site already realize cameras are watching us just about anytime we are in public. Right now I believe most of the cameras are used to record video. Then when a crime happens they can go back and review the footage. I am sure there is some live surveillance going on too.

What worries me is sooner or later the task will be passed to AI. There are too many feeds to be monitored by humans real time. This is a task AI would have no problem with though. The scary part is what things would the AI be looking for and what would it do when it saw one of these things it is lookin for.

I know there are a few movies/books about this very thing. Eagle Eye comes to mind. It seems to be quickly becoming a reality, if not already in use now to some limited degree.

These hidden cameras are nothing new either. This is from 2016:
Reasons For FBI's Hidden Cameras In Seattle To Remain Secret

edit on 9-11-2018 by LookingAtMars because: ,

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
LOL... wait until you find out your being watched through your TV.... recorded from your phone.......monitered through your purchases.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Don't forget the smart meter and microwave, to name a few

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Did a thread on this a few years ago.

Dangerous precedent...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hey! Guess who gets to pay for all this surveillance?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Dangerous precedent...

The thread or the cameras

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

, we've seen the fisheye/similar type view arrangements in streetlights from 2013

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

, we've seen the fisheye/similar type view arrangements in streetlights from 2013 and that's the someone's

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
Hey! Guess who gets to pay for all this surveillance?

Who?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
theres more....

question: Why does antifa wear masks..... why are burkas so popular with communists.....

Answer: what kind recognition software are they useing

then go deeper.... being that we have zero privacy and are constantly monitered....how is it that when all these terror acts (false flags) happen our main visual evidence comes from random cell phones and hearsay from random indiciduals that came into contact with the so called perpetrators.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Dangerous precedent...

The thread or the cameras

Both...

I’m sure they monitor both.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If you’re the source of information and you know they’re watching, just show them what you want them to see. Leave trails of breadcrumbs that lead them where you want. As long as you know they’re watching, the ball is in your court.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

They hide license plate scanners in those "watch your speed" signs at construction areas too. You know the ones that show you how fast you're going.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear.

We have had CCTV in The U.K. for ages. It bothers me not.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Don't forget the smart meter and microwave, to name a few

Dishwasher, Printer ...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I spy an NPC!!!

oh sure... nothing to fear. The government is your friend. They know whats good for you better than you do. These so called "rights" are not important. Countries just go to war over them. Entire generations of people die defending them.

Make sure to drink some flourinated water.....8 glasses a day! Turn your guns in. Send your children to the state for 8hours a day to be "educated".

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Remember, remember, the 5th of November.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
One can’t walk 5 feet anywhere anymore without being on a surveillance camera.

You go out, go to the bank, a convenience store, gas stations, even street and traffic lights have cameras.

We are in a surveillance state and it's only going to get worse

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
One can’t walk 5 feet anywhere anymore without being on a surveillance camera.

You go out, go to the bank, a convenience store, gas stations, even street and traffic lights have cameras.

We are in a surveillance state and it's only going to get worse

you can get away from it all but its a hard, hard life. Basically have to go off grid and live in caves.

I try to find as many work arounds as possible. Its a bleak future ahead of us in terms of privacy. Scariest thing is nobody seems to care. only benefit I can see is that there is so much information moveing around its hard to pin anything down.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Nothing to hide nothing to fear? Yeeeeeeeea RIGHT!

Because nobody would EVER misuse/abuse surveillance?

That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard. Let's just have some HIDDEN cameras operated by who tf knows watch and record everybody.

And as someone already pointed out why are they never used to solve high crimes? The video of the supposed plane hitting the Pentagon? Video inside the tunnel when Princess Diana crashed? Oh no those cameras weren't working but hey we got a million of them watching people go about their day.

Gimme a f'in break.This stuff would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join