It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MORE THAN 1 in 3 Americans On Government Assistance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

With the probable exception of some obscure homesteading laws, there are no laws in America protecting hunters like there are in other countries (i.e. freedom to roam).

Like I said, realistically, I don't expect someone to starve to death or let their kids go hungry. If public assistance is the only way, go for it. Don't think my heart doesn't hurt for those people, it certainly does.

In the same post:

More government is not the answer.

I believe we need robust and efficient public assistance in this country. We also need a series of reforms to allow people to lift themselves up and out of the need for public assistance. The minimum wage has not met the rate of inflation and the folks at the bottom rung can't afford to work full-time because it doesn't pay enough.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
a reply to: StallionDuck

Anyone can walk into (or call, or apply online) for food stamps- claiming they are homeless, and get expedited assistance that day. My husband had a DHS employee in his store the other day telling them this. That’s a double edged sword, because it is very easy to scam (they can’t “check” if you’re homeless, just have to take your word). However, for those that find themselves in dire straits, it can be a huge blessing.

It's kind of defeating the purpose of my point. People in need should get assistance. People that do not and wish to abuse it should not.

Personally, I think it should go back to government cheese in a way, meaning that instead of money, utilities should be given free (BASIC ONLY - Heat, Water), free rent of welfare housing, government goods (government supplied food based on nutrition and amount based on need), personal supplies like TP and needed items for sanitation and health and that's it. Maybe even free transportation (bus or train) and or daycare if the person is attempting to get off welfare. Money? No.... That's just asking for abuse.

Basically, they should get pretty much the same that US troops get when they go into boot camp. What's needed and nothing more.

I say this while even my own mother is getting assistance through her Social Security and what not.
edit on 14-11-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
dood, god king Trump make duh unempoweyment wow durrrr

<< 1   >>

join