It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun violence - When will we hold the manufacturers responsible?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Can we bring teachers into this, as well as parents?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Sadly underpass, the secondary issue of your thread is an interesting topic as well. Why do people reply without understanding what they are replying to. Knee jerk reactions. The fear that anyone who even questions the availability of any and all types of fire arms is out to '' take away all of our guns''. It is this simplistic us good guys and you bad guys approach to life rearing it's ugly head once again. When the paramount consciousness is ''put down the enemy'' innocents like your thread are gunned down without identification first. Shoot first and ask questions later.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Your correct.
I read the post now.

I didnt originally because due to the title I figured it was going to be some gun control garble that has been repeated countless times.

After actually reading the post I agree for the most part.

However there would have to be limitations.
If youve got a proven track record of trying to keep the kid on the straight and narrow, the onus should not be placed on the parents for the actions of someone who would not accept the help they were given.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I deliberately worded the title in a way I hoped would make folks read and think. I didn't think it would "trigger" so many.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Thank you for taking the time. Yes, it was discussed where proper parenting can still fail but you can show that you tried. Nobody's perfect.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
(Yes, I did read the OP!...the whole OP)

I have absolutely no problem holding gun manufacturers responsible for a faulty product.

If the firearm fails to safely perform as designed then they should be held accountable.

If a gun "creates" violence, without any other input, then the manufacturer should have to answer.

I've owned firearms for nearly 50 years. I've had whole lot of them yell at me, a couple bite me, even had one punch me in the eye one time and I've been bruised up more than a few times by a firearm, but it was always a result of something "I" did first...and that something is known as...PULLING THE TRIGGER!

Never once did I have one bite me or punch me without ME initiating an action first, not once. Never had one jump out of a gun case and start shooting up the joint all on its own. Never had one yell "Allah Akbar", or "DIE MF'ers!", or "Death to all Jews!" all on its own, never, not even once. Never had one load itself, hop in Mom's car and drive downtown, or take an elevator to a hotel room all on its own. Never had one that was even remotely interested in going to a school. Just never had a firearm ever do any of those things.

So, when a firearm is taken by a person, who drives in a car with it, or goes to a hotel, or a church, or a school with it and uses it to ILLEGALLY injure and kill other people...sadly...the firearm functioned exactly as it should have.

Where's the faulty product again????

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
On an editorial note...can anyone venture a guess as to why gun violence gets as much traction as it does?

1.) COWARDS
2.) POLITICAL CORRECTNESS AND BEING TOO NICE

Why?

Cowards - Because you can't kill someone twice (or 25 times). Many of these COWARDS kill themselves before anyone else can kill them a few times by less speedy methods.

PC - Because we have to be all touchy-feely with these pieces of human excrement when they DON'T kill themselves. We can't stone them to death in the public square. We can't drag them through town behind our 4x4. Because we can't chop their head off when they finally do die, and stick their heads on a pikes around town to rot and be pecked apart by birds, and whose rotting stench makes town members hate every remaining member in their family for ever allowing them to live in the first place.

THAT'S WHY!
edit on 11/9/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Correct, a defective firearm or any other defective product is subject to recall, penalties, and/or liable for damages incurred by the malfunction. Class action suits are common in those situations. Maybe some of these crappy parents should be slapped with a class action suit?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Where's the faulty product again????

The human on the trigger end.......likely too many prescription pharmaceuticals....part of the brain become defective when some emotions are tampered with by pills...and/or lazy/bad parents and teachers and doctors...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

why dont you want to address the reality that :

" manufactures " can destroy sub standard // defective prototypes ?

and exert QC checks - to destroy substandard products ?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

The "manufacturer" in this case is the negligent one. Their lack of QC and oversight caused the problem. Not my call on who gets designated "substandard" or who gets "destroyed".

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

piss off troll

if the " manufacturer " - is prhohibied from exercising QC - sand destroying defective lines - uyou cannot hold them accountable

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Ok, I'm starting to realize that you probably didn't actually read and/or comprehend the OP. Because what you are advocating here is giving parents (the "manufacturer") the right to "destroy" (snuff out) their defective children (the "product"). I hope that's not the case.

Fitting screen name by the way.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

That is a really interesting method of titling this thread.

Perhaps bordering on the famous troll figure?

Is this productive? Should all thread titles use this method for the greater good?

Fascinating your great delight in the entrapment of others. You almost appear to take more pleasure in the 'gotcha' than the actual discussion itself.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I was calling out the manufacturers of gun violence, seemed pretty clear to me. Anyone would know that 2-3 sentences in. I guess people are predisposed to seeing what they want to see. I could care less about entrapping anyone and I don't know of any famous troll figures, I just hoped there would be some interesting discussion. Sorry if it came off different.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I do hold the manufacturers responsible.

... and the purchasers

... as well as the users.

... as well as the legislators who let the current status quo go unchallenged.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Can a car company be held responsible for drunk driving?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

a reply to: Kocag

Please read at least three sentences of the OP before responding you might see this is not what you assume. thanks

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
When a product is poorly designed or manufactured, either by ignorance, carelessness, or greed and ends up maiming or even killing someone or many people, the manufacturer is held liable in most cases. They can be fined or even imprisoned for gross negligence. I think its time the manufacturers of these defective and damaged humans were held responsible for their reckless and selfish actions that created them.
Another human being is potentially the most dangerous and destructive thing someone can create. If a person is not going to take that responsibility seriously they are putting society at risk and should suffer the consequences if their creation malfunctions.
Yes folks, I'm not talking about gun control I'm talking about birth control. How many people would think twice about popping out a kid if they knew they could be held liable for their crappy parenting? Would we still have multi-generational gangbanger families if they could potentially go to jail if junior robs that liquor store and shoots the clerk?
Guns have been around for generations, why is it suddenly a crisis in this generation? Because society is broken. Irresponsible procreation has created this environment, not guns. If you're not going to take seriously your responsibility for raising your kid right, you should not have the right to create them.

Nicely done.

If there's were a non intrusive way to handle births, I'd be all for it.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

you may " blame the manufacturer " - when you give them the right to actually manufsacture it - to thier own will - not just supply " seed material " - and let naturalistic forces work . further - the " manufacturer must have the right to exert quality control - and just say - this one = not fit for purpose - and destroy it

your " anology " flawed - its akin to blaming the firm that supplied " that bolt " in the ford pinto for the flaw in the design

Ok but you have to admit parenting has gone downhill and they need a wake up call of some sort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join