It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Police respond to reports of an active shooter at North Carolina High School

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Wanted to put it in breaking news but its not working for me. No news on victims or injuries yet as it is just breaking. I hope none will be this time...

Police are responding to reports of an active shooter at a high school in North Carolina.

Police responded to a call from Topsail High School near Wilmington at about 6.30am Friday.

Source

Source 2

edit on 9-11-2018 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

The Insider says the call came at 6.30am, by 7.40 there was no reports of injuries.

The Insider

edit on 9-11-2018 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Dear God not again

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Somehow this has to stop, this is getting beyond ridiculous now.

So many young, bright people gone before they've even had a chance to leave their mark on the world.

At what point do you say "enough is enough" and everybody in America, and I do mean Everybody comes together to end the senseless slaughter of innocents?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I agree. This is getting a lot of too often

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This happened at 6.30am local time so classes weren't in session and there wasn't a huge number of staff in. Let's hope this ws over before it began.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Thanks for posting. Hope more details come soon.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

yes luckily no classes were in session at that early. Both the elementary and high school are on lockdown.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
stop making shooters into famous people. stop using their names. stop posting their images.

if you honestly cannot think of a way to kill mass people besides using a gun, you are either very stupid or highly indoctrinated

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
We are watching the result of decades of programming by the entertainment industry, along with Hollywood and the CIA, whom made a system where people feel miserable for who they are or what they look like.

That's why people become violent. This along with many other factors such as their teaching in school and by their parents, which are brainwashed by the industry as well.

I honestly don't think there's a quick solution for this. It's our consciousness as human beings that need to evolve.

Guns are not the problem, people are.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
There have been at least 288 school shootings in the United States since January 1, 2009.
That's 57 times as many shootings as the other six G7 countries combined.

Perhaps its time to do something.. I wonder how americans feel by sending their kids at school, I would be very paranoid.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Somehow this has to stop, this is getting beyond ridiculous now.

So many young, bright people gone before they've even had a chance to leave their mark on the world.

At what point do you say "enough is enough" and everybody in America, and I do mean Everybody comes together to end the senseless slaughter of innocents?

I agree this sucks and needs to stop. What is your suggestion to make it end?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Remember when one guy tried to take a bomb onto a plane in his shoe, and now everybody in the world every time they fly has to take their shoes off?

But all that can be done about guns in the hands of mentally ill people is 'thoughts and prayers'?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
We are watching the result of decades of programming by the entertainment industry, along with Hollywood and the CIA, whom made a system where people feel miserable for who they are or what they look like.

You sound like Tipper Gore. Is heavy metal going to make me worship the Devil or playing video games make me into a mass murderer too?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Remember when one guy tried to take a bomb onto a plane in his shoe, and now everybody in the world every time they fly has to take their shoes off?

But all that can be done about guns in the hands of mentally ill people is 'thoughts and prayers'?
We could make everybody take their shoes off.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Those numbers are false and propaganda..any shootings around schools are counted. The problem is much deeper then that. I also blam hollyweird for a lot of this. Movies are packed with violence and guns, the same gun toting actors say it’s the guns fault. TheATS knee jerk reaction is entertaining at best.lets see what this really is then react. a reply to: Spacespider

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

what is your suggestion to fix this issue?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Apparently we should stop watching John Wick movies.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I feel for anybody involved in a situation like this. I can't imagine the fear of the unknown of hearing something on the news about a shooting, knowing a family member is in the area.
This has to stop, but the question is how?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Why didn't they just ban bombs instead?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: network dude

Apparently we should stop watching John Wick movies.

It's all about the puppies. Always was.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join