It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somali Terrorist Shot Dead In Melbourne.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   
A Somali born Australian has been shot dead in Melbourne, after first attacking three people with a knife. one fatally. The other two are in hospital, one with life threatening injuries.

The terrorist was travelling in a truck packed with gas cylinders, when the truck caught fire.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The truck catching fire probably prevented far greater casualties.

Condolences to the victims and their families.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
A Somali born Australian has been shot dead in Melbourne, after first attacking three people with a knife. one fatally. The other two are in hospital, one with life threatening injuries.

The terrorist was travelling in a truck packed with gas cylinders, when the truck caught fire.

www.bbc.co.uk...

So the BBC knows more than Australian Media ? Good source.

I was on Bourke street and you seem to know more than me. Somali, is he ? Is he left or right wing ? Maybewhen he wakes up we can ask him.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

A man who set a car on fire and stabbed three people - one fatally - in the Australian city of Melbourne has died in hospital after being shot by police.
from your linked article....I do not care who he was, what kind of childhood he had, or how he was bullied or radicalized .. I am just glad someone had a gun and stopped the idiot.

edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I do not care who he was .. I am just glad someone had a gun and stopped the idiot.

Yeah, Guns saved the day.

Why didn't the federal police, who knew of him, prevent this from happening? Oversight ?

Reeks of false-terrorism.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Good I'm glad they shot him. I hope he survives to live his days in Nauru island before being sent back to Africa where he can act like a savage. The is a huge problem in Melbourne with African immigrant gangs attacking innocent people going about their business, they should shoot more of them.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong. Why are you so butt hurt over that scumbag?

link   
Annnnnd he is a muslim.... Lol!

link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Can't you read the article, the repsonses, or any of your own research? He's Dead already. We're not sending him to Nauru

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

because this # shouldn't happen in my city. And someone should have been paying attention to prevent this tragedy.

Once again, reeks of False-Terrorism

Must be the conspiracy theorist in me coming out

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

Can't you read the article, the repsonses, or any of your own research? He's Dead already. We're not sending him to Nauru
Well that is a pity isn't it?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I do not care who he was .. I am just glad someone had a gun and stopped the idiot.

Yeah, Guns saved the day.

Why didn't the federal police, who knew of him, prevent this from happening? Oversight ?

Reeks of false-terrorism.

I can only assume they work on the principle that until a crime is committed they monitor the situation. Just like many other countries.. Many examples of that not working out to well but what are you gonna do ? Have a thought crime force like the minority report ? Better yet how about vetting and interviewing all the people they have let in the country these last few years. Somali's do not exactly have a good reputation in their newly acquired guest countries.. Just ask France and other places in the EU based on crime statistics

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Not really ?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Have you seen the video?

The cops showed a ridiculous amount of restraint, even while the guy was flailing at them, they still didn’t shoot straight away.

It may have been because there were two civilians trying to subdue him at the same time, including one with a shopping trolley.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

because this # shouldn't happen in my city. And someone should have been paying attention to prevent this tragedy.

Yah it pisses me off too. But they let people migrate over here from # hole countries and they bring their violent criminal ways with them and have no interest in assimilating into our culture. Then when people complain about the ridiculousness if it all they are labeled as being racist for speaking simple truth.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

....because this # shouldn't happen in my city. And someone should have been paying attention to prevent this tragedy.

And then you'd be whinging and moaning about being under constant surveillance in a police state.

This piece of crap got everything he deserved.

Australia gave him a haven, fostered him and gave him the opportunity to have a good life free to worship as he wished free from discrimination etc.
His hatefulness resulted in innocent people dying....he deserved everything he got.

Reeks of real terrorism spawned from an interpretation of a religion founded on intolerance, bigotry and hatred.

Most of us here are....but many of us realise that not everything is a conspiracy and the labelling of everything as a conspiracy simply discredits the REAL conspiracies.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

"And then you'd be whinging and moaning about being under constant surveillance in a police state. "

Nah, Mate. I think China's facial and gait recognition software is pretty cool. Nothing to worry about if I'm doing nothing wrong.

"Reeks of real terrorism spawned from an interpretation of a religion founded on intolerance, bigotry and hatred. "

yeah, contemprory caucasian Christian led nation's do tend to be pretty intolerant, bigoted and hatefull.

"Most of us here are....but many of us realise that not everything is a conspiracy and the labelling of everything as a conspiracy simply discredits the REAL conspiracies"

Good point. I'm commenting on this because the whole incident plays into my conspiratorial mind. And with almost no facts, a bunch of people post something and start spouting opinion. No facts.

that is literal fake news.

Or one could say, orchestrated news

Perhaps

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

Nah, Mate. I think China's facial and gait recognition software is pretty cool. Nothing to worry about if I'm doing nothing wrong.

Strangely enough I don't...I think that maybe a step too far.

I live in the country labelled the surveillance capital of the world and it doesn't really bother me.

A discussion for another thread I think.

yeah, contemprory caucasian Christian led nation's do tend to be pretty intolerant, bigoted and hatefull.

Compared to Islamic based nations I'd say they are very tolerant, less bigoted and hateful.
I don't see many Islamic countries affording Christians the same level of freedom of worship and speech that they themselves receive in non-Islamic countries.

Death penalty for 'blasphemy' ring any bells?

Could give countless examples but I'm sure you get the drift.

Good point. I'm commenting on this because the whole incident plays into my conspiratorial mind. And with almost no facts, a bunch of people post something and start spouting opinion. No facts.

Seen the video.
Seen plenty of photos.
Read first hand witness accounts and relatively unbiased reports.

All suggests to me that this is what it seems to be....a religious nutcase committing an act of barbaric terrorism on innocent bystanders in order to push his message of intolerance and hatred for people who don't believe in his version of an invisible, sky being.

that is literal fake news.

I wish it was.

Perhaps

Most probably not.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

www.bbc.co.uk...

Well since he was Somali born, there won't be any conspiracy theories or ambiguity that it was terrorism.

If he was white it would be a stabbing incident or a shooting incident not terrorism.

Kinda like in the US where it's who commits the crime and not the crime itself

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Earlier when i read this, i was like... you know what... you were allowed to migrate to another country and claim asylum or your parents were... you have a nice place to live... a nice country... and then you go and do something like this... it just makes me mad to see it because they are getting a very good life away from the sh$$ country they came from and here i am needing to go to the USA for career purposes but am unable to do so because of legislation and costs and i cn't go and claim asylum and free housing!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Earlier when i read this, i was like... you know what... you were allowed to migrate to another country and claim asylum or your parents were... you have a nice place to live... a nice country... and then you go and do something like this... it just makes me mad to see it because they are getting a very good life away from the sh$$ country they came from and here i am needing to go to the USA for career purposes but am unable to do so because of legislation and costs and i cn't go and claim asylum and free housing!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join