It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JESUS WAS A BLACK MAN & The Whitewashing of History

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Chippy, plasterer, sparky, pipe monkey - no jobs too big, very reasonable rates.
Haha free sermon as well while he appropriates white culture to convert the western world lol.
Jesus wasn't white if he even existed, but he could knock out a nice dovetail joint with his saw from what I've heard.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Funny the amount of chaos that ensues when God has a word in some mad bastards shell.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
only racist care what color Jesus was/ is

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If God made all the races does it matter?
I always thought Jesus was Jewish or Semite/arab
Neither of which is a Caucasian White.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan
a reply to: CosmicEyes

"His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire, And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace"

How many white men have hair like Wool?

It doesnt say he had hair like wool, but that his hair was white LIKE wool... Big difference

White hair ("white as wool") at age 33...and red eyes("flame of fire")?
Sounds like He was albino.

Similar description of Noah as a baby, from the Book of Enoch.
"...his head and his long locks were white as wool, and his eyes beautiful. And when he opened his eyes, he lighted up the whole house like the sun...".
edit on 9-11-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I think it's ignorant of people to think that Jesus was Caucasian.

Nowhere in the bible does it say that Jesus was white. It was the Middle East ffs.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
More of the identity politics.. They elected a Governor in Colorado. But the mantra is repeated that they elected their first openly gay LGBTQ man. That was the mantra on NPR this morning. The voice on the radio said it with every sentence.

It couldn't just be that a Democrat won the race.. It had to include the LGBTQIAWXYZ..

Jesus may have been Black or White. I know that is the least my worries as far as following him. I always thought he was brown in appearance due to the climate. Middle Eastern looking.. Whatever..

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Not being of any faith or religion my take as a non believer would be that Jesus/God/whomever would look like the person who believed, why would any deity not look like the worshiper

Thus if you are white jesus is white, if you are black jesus is black

Without trying to offend we are talking about a fictional character

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure Jesus would want you to care about his message and not his skin colour.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

He sure the hell wasn't white..for the sake of argument, I really couldn't care less anyway.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

And Chromophobiacs.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Nobody knows if Jesus existed, and if he did, nobody really knows what he looked like, let alone what his skin color/tone was.

This description is of a man with a white head, and white hair, like wool. Red eyes. Bronze feet.

Blacks don't have white heads. Whites can have white, wool-like hair.

Nobody is 'whitewashing' how Jesus looked.

If someone thinks Jesus was black, it's one's right to have their own opinion.

I don't see how it would be 'whitewashing', at all.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Op: What if Jesus was Black? Why would it matter? We are all "sinners", victims of Adam and Eve,.. all nations, all tribes, all people, all "believers" now. Jesus was a "Jew". Not just a Jew, but a "Son of David". Who God gave "him" the "throne"!
Doesn't matter your color, or my color.

So OP? If you think/believe, "Jesus was black", I can't/shouldn't, "believe on him"?.. I'm not tracking your point.
Only black people can be saved by Jesus?
You need to ditch your racism. Because it is not of Jesus/God.

Even the God of the "Jews", gave us a place in the "Temple". To worship him. As many "Black" heathens, as are "White".
OP. You error. Not knowing the scripture. But trying to use it. It doesn't work that way.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
His head was white, not black.

His hair is white, as wool. He didn't say it was curly as wool, only that it was white, as wool.

Albino is possible, but certainly not a black man.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Ok there is one way to work out what Mr J looked like. Take a recent Jew from each continent on Planet earth put them in the mixer then out comes a probable MR J lookalike.

North America Bob Dylan
South America Diego Schwartzman
North Africa David Guetta
South Africa Sid James
Russia Sergey Brin
Western Europe Ben Disraeli
Eastern Europe Robert Maxwell
Israel / ME Benjamin Netanyahu

If a computer model could mix these people up then you are probably going to find the answer to the OP

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Cool. Jesus was black.

If you believe in Jesus as your saviour, if you are Christian, than who cares what color he is?

For the record, I’m not Christian nor do I care about the color of religious figures.

This is a weird post.
Good luck with your journey.
I hope you come to the conclusion that color does not matter in the eye of the ‘Lord’ if there is one.

Make your own religion mate. It is the cool thing to do in the new age.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Hey, no disrespect, but feel free to believe whatever you want about Jesus, because his race doesn't matter. The miracles aren't really important either, nor does it matter that he may or may not have been the 'son of God'. The virgin birth is even irrelevant.

What matters is the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

If you can manage to believe in the Golden Rule, then you 'get it'. That is the important takeaway point from Jesus, and the heart of Christianity. If you can manage to follow this one rule, that is all that really matters. If everyone could follow just that, regardless of race, other beliefs, and all the other fluff, then the world could be a better place. Heck, even an atheist can follow the Golden Rule!

The rest of the story is just there to lead a person to this rule.... IMHO.

Jesus's race is completely irrelevant!

edit on 10-11-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: I always make at least one typo

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Jesus was from the middle east.

His parents were also from the middle east.

He was a middle eastern man.

It would appear those areas are not the same now as they were 2000 years ago.

Don't see too many hebrews with dark hair and brown eyes...

If any of these stories are real or not.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Since, in all likelihood, the Jesus of the New testament was made up by people trying to create a different branch of the traditional Abrahamic religion, he wouldn't have been any colour at all, would he?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join