It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JESUS WAS A BLACK MAN & The Whitewashing of History

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicEyes
It's called a Jew-fro.

He was neither white nor black. He was everything, according to his followers.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Well this went exactly as expected.

Obviously, he was the only white man in the middle east.

Actually, he didn't exist so he's whatever color you imagine him to be.
See my post above. Tons of white people in me back then. Not that it matters.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

by way of Judea.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Surely this has already been said.... but there are “white” men with hair like wool. It happens, I’ve known a few.

Aside from that, anyone claiming that Jesus of Nazareth was white is ignorant. And I personally don’t read Revelation as 100% literal and to be taken word for word.

I have my own theory on the appearance of Jesus, and why so many have claimed to have visions of him, yet he appears vastly different, depending on the individual that has the vision.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Would make sense, if you have an all knowing all seeing type deity they would have to know how xenophobic we are as species, so to continue gaining followers and to keep your followers calm why would they not modify appearance to be as appealing to the people they are recruiting.

==================

That said, on topic as was said many many times... why does it matter, I was raised to look at what people do not their skin color or religion. By everything I have read (assuming its true) he was a heck of a dude lived a great and inspiring life right up to the moment he passed to the next life.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: DBCowboy

Haha...I stepped into that dookie didn't I?

Seriously, though, obviously the Roman guards authorities were clueless and needed Judas to point him out. One can only assume that any and all given description was not good enough to nail him to a cross.

In fairness to both Jews and Romans, there were 200 - 300 'Messiah's' executed in the year Jesus was crucified.......assuming the Jesus bit is accurate. We know this from records recovered. So it is not surprising there may be confusion.

Given this fact, maybe Monty Python were more accurate than they thought!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

It doesn't matter what he looked like...

we actually have no idea anyways...

he could have been pokadot…

Though he certainly wasn't the dude we see everywhere

Agreed.As a Christian,I could care less what he looked like.Jim Caveziel or Bob Marley.Pick One.
edit on 9-11-2018 by buckwhizzle because: im an idiot

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicEyes

How many white men have hair like Wool?

And for anyone unfamiliar with metals, the colour of Brass is brown, and if burned in a furnace, it would be a darker brown. /quote]

1. People of historically Jewish decent often have thick hair that one could say resembles wool. The same could be said of anyone who spent 40 days and nights in the wilderness

2. Anyone unfamiliar with what happens after spending a month in the sun? Ok...you tan. What color do people who can tan get? Often a dark bronze.

The images we have of Jesus are from the middle ages and based off royalty. The images are wrong. That doesn't mean Jesus was a black man or a white man.

Long story short, Jesus was a Jew.

Stop trying to steal from the Jews!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Lmao of course he would not be white if he even existed. Brown skinned of some shade for sure, I questioned that as a child ffs, I never got an acceptable explanation.
White Jesus give me a break!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
He was a shapeshifter. Clearly indicated in the New Testament.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicEyes"His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire, And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace" How many white men have hair like Wool?
Don't know but Jesus did not have hair like wool...Is your comprehension that out of whack??? It says his face and hair were the COLOR of wool...White as the COLOR of white snow...

Jesus was not African...Jesus was Jewish...

And besides, to add to your fake news about Jesus, this description tells us what Jesus appeared to be in his transfigured form...NOT the physical body he walked around the earth in as a man...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well if his feet are brass, he might as well be yellow. But if his feet are like furnace and yellow. Well some one been watching to much DBZ.

Btw, that passage is referring to the Son of Man, not Jesus. Then again, he does call himself that, and the son of God.

I'm confused.

Just say-in.
edit on 9-11-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I CAPITALIZED THIS SENTENCE TO GET ATTENTION!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

White Jesus give me a break!

Plasterer. Should be right up your alley.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian
Eh, I thought he was a chippy?!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: sunkuong

Actually images of Jesus date right back to the first century and the earliest ones do show a darker skinned image than the European images of later time's, this is mostly down to people painting only what they know.
One of these is a probably early third century graffiti from Rome mocking early Christians with a figure of a sheep headed man crucified.
www.challies.com...
churchpop.com...
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Personally I believe the Turin shroud is real and it therefore is the earliest image of Christ and not made by human hand's so exempt from the old testament law.

Aren't the 'white Jesus' images something that originated in the time of Charlemagne and from then on they got a little ingrained into the western perception, mainly due to ignorance - wilful or otherwise - of the actual physical make up of people indigenous to the area he originated from?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Chippy, plasterer, sparky, pipe monkey - no jobs too big, very reasonable rates.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Turned in to quite a ruff area since Jesus time.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicEyes
[Revelation, Chapter 1, Verse 14]
"His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire, And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace"

How many white men have hair like Wool?

And for anyone unfamiliar with metals, the colour of Brass is brown, and if burned in a furnace, it would be a darker brown.

Yet when you walk into any church in America or England (My Country), you see images of a WHITE Jesus.

Every biblical figure in church imagery, movies, paintings, is always portrayed as white, even though the region where Christ came from was a region where the people had colour. There were no white people in Egypt, Babylon or Palestine (Modern day occupation by Israel). In those regions, the people were of colour.

One of the great tragedies has been, that over the last 400 years Europeans and white Americans have created an ideology of white supremacy and they have in the process taken the sacred images and made them white and have re-cast black into a negative image.

History has been whitewashed, as the image of Jesus was hijacked by the white establishment over the generations, and it comes with the insidious notion that white people are to be obeyed, respected and looked up to.

Its important from a historical perspective that we all set the record straight so that the black family can reclaim much of their true history which has been neglected, ignored or destroyed.

The average child needs to be instructed on this matter, not just young black children but the average white kid in Europe or America is as misinformed and miseducated as the average black person as to the historical accuracy of Christ.

There are over 100 references to Egypt in the Bible, over 50 references to Biblical Ethiopia (Present day Sudan) both OT and NT. Bible scholars, most of whom were white, have translated and interpreted, in a way that would be distinctly favourable to Europe, and a way that would be distinctly UN-favorable to Blacks and people of colour.

The fact is Jesus has been portrayed for 2,000 years as a Caucasian European when in fact he was a man of colour, along with many more key figures in the biblical history.

It's not enough to say, we are all God's children, if you continue to present Jesus as a white man to children of colour all over the world, they grow up somehow believing, way down inside, the ridiculous notion that white is better.

And it's a tragedy that Europe, America and the higher education system continuously uses the politics of race to present distorted information which has worked against black people and for white people.

This needs to be corrected and updated for the betterment of ALL mankind.

Who cares what color His skin was?

The Blood that ran down the cross was RED, just like yours and mine.

Don't let skin color keep you from the redeeming Blood.

Quad

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: grey580

Turned in to quite a ruff area since Jesus time.

Yeah h it s whole peace th in ng didn't go over well. Because god decided to talk to Mohammad and change all the rules.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join