It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's not make the same mistakes as Germany did with Migrants

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Germany's learning curve on immigration
www.yahoo.com...

What am I reading here?
“The question of how to protect ourselves from [migrant] criminals is not one we can answer in Germany alone,” she said.
Is this coming from Germany? Wow did they change their tune fast!

Surprise, surprise!

More than half of Germans now say they feel like strangers in their own land because of Muslim immigration,

I'm actually all for immigration reform. We have an aging society, and we need new blood in our workforce. I just think how Germany opened the gates wide open was wrong a couple years ago, and it's wrong now. Those that want that for America should talk to some Germans!
Germany is dealing with a million plus new people, right now with the migrant caravan we are talking a few thousand. The problem is that few thousand grows. Mexico has held back almost half a million migrants from coming to our border!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Your Christian Science article is confusing refugees with immigrants...

I think refugees should always be taken in and cared for.

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

More than half of Germans feel like strangers in their own land.... ..

What a crock of #, seriously if you believe that crap you would literally believe anything...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Can you send me your address then?

I'm going to need a new place to stay soon.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

Yeah sure...if you have to flee your country because you are in danger I'd be happy to take you in and we can both look for a way to get you back save.

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Just checking some facts but this part:

More than half of Germans now say they feel like strangers in their own land because of Muslim immigration, according to a new poll from the University of Leipzig.

Every second respondent in the study of 2,420 people said they sometimes felt like a foreigner in their own country due to the many Muslims here, up from 43 percent in 2014 and 30.2 percent in 2009.

This "new" poll is from 2016....

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Let me clear some things up here:

# Why data from 2016 (and older)?
-> Because it´s the first data ever available on that topic.

# Feeling a stranger
-It´s actually 6% that constantly feel a stranger

# Muslims
"Durch die vielen Muslime hier fühle ich mich manchmal wie ein Fremder im eigenen Land"
Translation: "Because of the many Muslims here, I sometimes feel like a stranger in my own country"

2014: 46%
2015: 50%
2016: 55%

# Go home to your country
- About 1/3 of the Germans want´s the refugees to go back to their homeland after it´s safe, IF it threatens their workplace.

- In the eastern part of Germany (former DDR) its 46%.

Many IF and THENs left out in that english article.

Here is an article, although only in German, maybe use google translate
www.zdf.de...
edit on 9-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Got the actual numbers from the Uni Leipzig if you want..

uni leipzig

I'm not German so you have to help me interpit this study but to me it seems they are focussing on the rise of extreme right thinking in Germany.

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Yeah sure...if you have to flee your country because you are in danger I'd be happy to take you in and we can both look for a way to get you back save.

Peace

Cool! What if I don't want to go back? And since I don't have any identification where exactly will you send me back safe?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

The rise of extreme right thinking seems to come from East Germany because they are getting more involved in the political process...is that a fair conclusion?

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9
Cool! What if I don't want to go back? And since I don't have any identification where exactly will you send me back safe?

Well shoot, I don't want to pay taxes but here we are. Not wanting to go back does not seem like a valid reason for a refugee status. Sending you back safe is only my obligation if you are indeed not at fault for having to flee your country. If you can not tell me where you are from I could not care less...

Peace

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoFri, 09 Nov 2018 03:39:38 -0600am3039201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Here is the PDF - Flucht ins Autoritaere

The core of this study is:

"Populistic opinions are working on the light mind and push them to the more extreme parties, usually (out of fear) to the right wing parties."
edit on 9 11 2018 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Thank you for posting the link to others, I forgot to include it.

Yes, they are focusing and analyzing extreme right thinking (but still far far away from anyting like WW2) in terms of political affiliation.

What the english article does not tell you is that those 6% that think radical-right actually is a lowering trend. In 2002, it was 9.6%. So with everything, one can distort statistics to their likings.

For example "only" 13.1% that voted for AFD think in the extremes I posted above.
For the FDP, a very liberal and a bit left leaning party its 4.3% of the voters.
SPD 2% or something.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

Well shoot, I don't want to pay taxes but here we are. Not wanting to go back does not seem like a valid reason for a refugee status. Sending you back safe is only my obligation if you are indeed not at fault for having to flee your country. If you can not tell me where you are from I could not care less...

Peace

lets start at the beginning. Without any proper documentation, how will you know why did I flee my country? How would you know if I am a refugee or a criminal? Just because I tell you so? After all some of them 30 years old posed as children, did they not?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

About Jewish People and non-jewish german people.

There is something about the reason why many Germans in WW2 sided with the initial idea that jewish people think they are above others. It has partly to do with the kind of jobs they are allowed by their religion, and partly with them thinking they are "gods people" and something better.

Quiet ironic of you think about that for a second. That´s the issue many normal, centrist germans I spoke too also have. It isn´t because they are jewish, it´s because of the attitude that they are kind of a master race that still holds on today and waging war while lifting a stern finger about WW2 while taking our repair money to fund more weapons to kill more non-jewish people.

That´s the elephant in the room. I personally don´t have anything against any religion or race or whatever. But the above is the reason why I think, the people in the Jewish/Isreal government are war mongering hypocrites.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Peace

Should we consider over population, number of jobs, number of resources, school space.

Because in many places that was ignored and officials were happy to take them in and it destroyed the community.

How would you feel assisting one of these people to only have them murder a citizen.?

Every illegal in jail for rape, murder and kidnapping could have been prevented if leaders did not have your point of view.

By me the citizens are tired for just being killed in car accidents by people never supposed to be on American roads

I know your just a regular citizen and can be led by compassion.
But a leader who must protect his people cannot lead with compassion.
A leader must make tough decisions that may hurt some to protect the many

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

You know, I've worked in Germany a lot of years now and the attitude you are describing seems to fit more in with the Russian Germans...

Just an observation..

Peace

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoFri, 09 Nov 2018 04:03:34 -0600am3003201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

The rise of extreme right thinking seems to come from East Germany because they are getting more involved in the political process...is that a fair conclusion?

Peace

Any extreme right thinking in Germany, France, and England is quickly silenced. Especially on the internet.

These governments have no problem striking their own citizens hard and fast who engage in such talks.

Engage in so much raping you make a name for yourself as rapugees. The gov is not too inclined to crack down on that.
Different culture, hard to judge. Even though it's very easy to

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

I know how it works and believe me it's not easy being an idealist either but what is the alternative?

Italy and Greece were overun with boats coming on shore, sink their boats? Send 'm back?

Hungary put up a nice fence and an angry face but that can't be the way forward.

It's a collective problem and we need sollutions. Not just self-interest sollutions but real ones...

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoFri, 09 Nov 2018 04:19:55 -0600am3019201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoFri, 09 Nov 2018 04:16:16 -0600am3016201811 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join