It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the point of homework?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: GreenGunther

What are you doing for a living? As said before, it depends.

IT, security specifically, but I do a little bit of everything.
Been tinkering with pc's since I was 3. How I miss the days of MS-DOS and Win95...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

A great example where you would not need school but your intuitive learning skills.

You skipped win3.11? You missed all the fun!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I was born in '92, so Win3.11 was just a little before my time.
I really would love to get into vintage pc's and their software though.

I yearn for a simpler time, when you purchased software on a disc. There was only one version and it didn't need to be updated. A time when the internet wasn't such a large influence and people were blissfully isolated on their pc's.

The path social media has created for the current generation, which they follow into adulthood, scares the pants off me.
The current internet model is built upon the principle of monetary gains dictated by views, likes, advertisement etc. We are on a slippery slope.

Silly humans.

Although I digress, in my experience: high school + homework = unnecessary.
But that's just me

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
My sons 386 that I got around 1996 or so, had a turbo button that would give him.... wait for it......
11 more MHz on top of the 33MHz that hell machine had to provide. 20? MB quantuum fireball HDD. Floppy power

I get your sentiment but those times are gone. I always avoided any social media except for forums or mailing lists. When myspace came up I was giggling because it was just a cheap website template for me.

Like... fortunecity or how it was called. But I agree, this whole social media self portrait thing is just makebelieve. I cringe at people that takes photos of their food instead of just enjoying the moment and letting it pass.

Or other things, you go on a hike and you´ll find them play games on their phones during breaks. I mean, seriously everyone can do what the want but I can´t see the sense in it. Someone goes hiking in nature but needs that gadgetery to distract themselves from what is happening around them.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join