It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Lest we forget, the Canadian troops also lost a massive amount of young men. Not to mention the men who were never the same after they came home.

The Germans feared the Canadians more than any other country's infantry.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Commonwealth War Graves Commission often helps focus the mind. CWGC

As does the list of recipients of the Victoria Cross. VC in WW1

And not forgetting the Royal British Legion. British Legion

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Thank you for this educational sharing of knowledge and history.

You are a Gentleman and a Scholar!

I do so love to learn things my mind was ignorant of before.

On a side note, that Mephisto tank looks like if hollowed out would make a neat little home in a trailer park

Also, when I see the Brit and German having a smoke it reminds me of how people were people and still are no matter sides or conflict.

You can almost imagine them trading whiskey for yager and telling each other how stupid this whole war is, talking about their loved ones back home,
Debating over the superior beauty of "that one lady" from their home towns, and stories of their youth and families, and how lucky they would all be if their leaders would of just settled it all in a duel between men.

Even Nazis knew love.
Even Jihadis had lovers and friends snatched away in a single blast that took with them their joy, never again to stay.

If only we could see how we all want left to be.
Love, friendship, a laugh with new friends, nostalgia for old....

Where is the purpose when men are ordered to ride?
For the purpose of dying for foolish men's pride?

Where is the Victory...when through lovers tears we stride? Ending all that's good for the faceless lives of those, left behind?

Tears of Mother's, who cry with Brides and maidens... Side by side?

What for do we DIE?!?!! FOR FOOLISH MENS PRIDE?!

Just tell me why...oh why must Peace and not war....die...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
My country, Serbia, lost more than 1,200,000 of its populace during the war, army and civilian, that represented 29% of its population, 60% of its male population. Very tragic. Very tragic for everyone involved, the world would be a different place today had it not happened.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Kings, Tsars, politicians, Rotchilds.

It doesn't matter who are in charge. There will always be an abundance of rich douchebags who want to protect their stuff from the unwashed masses - and if possible become even richer while at it.

So there will always be wars. Lines need to be moved on the map. Regular people need to be killed before they have a chance of getting their filthy paws on the loot of the elites.

Wars will exist until a day comes when the rich scum of the earth have to FIGHT THEIR OWN WARS instead of sending out poor people to do the work for them.

That will of course never happen.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

That was not the only prophetic aspect of the Great War. The war officially ended 11th of Nov 1918 - 11/11/18 The licence plate of car the Arch Duke was driving when assassinated (starting the war) was A11 11 18

What are the odds that the license plate of the car the Arch Duke was assassinated in would mark the day month and year the war officially ended?

In this thread Astronomer62 argues that the date was chosen to match star alignments. Could the A in the license plate represent Alnilam I wonder?

A lot of dates are chosen regarding the position of Sirius or the Center Star of the Belt of Orion, called Alnilam. abovetopsecret.com

edit on 10-11-2018 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2018 by surfer_soul because: To add link

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yep, not only was it a planned assassination it was also one of the biggest botch job's you can imagine, yet it was a success.

Fate or dumb luck?

The assassin ate a dodgy cyanide pill then tried to drown himself, definitely one of the more weird events in history. The latter days of Franz Ferdinand are generally weird if you ask me, sends my conspiracy mind racing.

OP, I genuinely enjoyed reading this. If it was the war to end all wars I guess we're still fighting

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
may those who started the millions killing wars and aided them and supported them burn in hell for eternity

one of the reasons I believe in judgment day and hope for it because it's justice, and may we all witness it and be delighted watching it, amen
edit on 10 11 2018 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

The cysnide pill didn’t work and the river he jumped into was only 6 inches deep. Lol

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

The cysnide pill didn’t work and the river he jumped into was only 6 inches deep. Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join