It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberalism wins again Obamacare saved by the People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Why can't you and all others just ####ing admit you want communism?

WHY!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It’s isnt an instant type of thing where you flip a switch and everyone just automatically has free healthcare.

Have anything to show that we are heading that way? Nothing is free.

But go ahead, by all means keep begging from that table of the government you despise for your scraps.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Well, America works somewhat.

The reason it doesn’t work too well has little to do with Liberalism since America is a doomed country due to greed and other issues we won’t bring up at this

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not really comrade

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not really comrade

Bullcrap.

You want affordable healthcare?

REALLY?

THEN WHY IN THE HELL ARENT YOU BITCHING ABOUT THE MANDATES THAT THE OBAMA GOVERNMENT PUT INTO PLACE THAT FORCES HOSPITALS TO CHARGE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OR ELSE THEY GET NO REIMBUSEMENT???????????????

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

It’s isnt an instant type of thing where you flip a switch and everyone just automatically has free healthcare.

But go ahead, by all means keep begging from that table of the government you despise for your scraps.

You call it begging scraps from a table, I call it a return on money that I’m having to pay the government anyway. It’s not like we’re going to pay less taxes if we don’t provide healthcare for our country. That money is gone regardless.

I think being bankrupted by a sudden illness isn’t something we should let happen if we can help it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

So as long as it falls inline with your own personal/political goals, it's ok? Isn't this what you and Will continually try to point out in other posters here?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

It seems we have some things we agree on.

But don't forget. It was President Trump that took the thing off of Obama care that made it so unpopular. The part that made it mandatory.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
What was saved?

About 45,000 lives per a year.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I think being bankrupted by a sudden illness isn’t something we should let happen if we can help it.

I think the poverty and homelessness that exist already would take priority to insurance.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

But when it comes to helping and assisting human beings I am proudly a liberal

The divide has nothing to do with which side is more generous in helping people. It's the method that is disagreed on.

I'd hope you are well read enough to know the reality of which side is the most generous to charities? It's not the Democrats if you need a hint here.

Both sides are very generous, the most generous in the world, but the Left wants it done through taxation and government programs. The Right wants it handled by private charities for the obvious truth, they get the money to the needy, instead of wasting it on costly bureaucracy. A charity can get a dollar to the intended recipient for a dime or less. The government spends two dollars to get that same dollar to the same person. Obviously those are not accurate numbers, but the point is a fact.

Either side saying the other does not care is engaging in propaganda and on a topic where propaganda being used is vile to be honest.

The American people from both sides do not deserve the false criticisms based in partisan hate.

You can come up with a way to spin for nonsensical partisan hate reasons to fit almost any topic if a person wants to. For instance the Democrats battle to try and stop the Civil Rights Act with a filibuster. Although to be fair a majority did vote for that, but not at the level the Republicans supported it. Democrats being the principal members of the KKK did not end until late in the 1960's. Yes it was that late in our history.

Truth is both sides want to help those in need. To say anything else is just more partisan nonsense and it's kind of disgusting to be honest.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

So as long as it falls inline with your own personal/political goals, it's ok? Isn't this what you and Will continually try to point out in other posters here?

That what’s ok? Seeing a return on money I pay out every year in the form of free or reduced cost healthcare?

What I think is that governments and corporations are just tools. And like with any tool, they can be used for good or bad. I don’t think there’s anything inherently bad about either, it’s all in how they’re used.

If they’re used to help people without engaging in unethical practices they can be a good thing. When they’re used to fill a need for greed or hurt others, that’s a bad thing.

The other option is to just not try at all, and there really isn’t a future for affordable healthcare of any kind if we go with that option. Big health has made sure of that, it’s an unsustainable model. My roommate just got out of a three day hospital stay that cost him close to $20,000. That’s insane.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm going to type this slowly so everyone can understand it.

We don't need to focus on how to pay for the high costs of medical care, what we need to focus on is lowering the costs of medical care.

We need to save insurance for cancer, operations, accidents.

We should not be using insurance to pay for visits, nosebleeds, or hang nails.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Your talking untruths. The GOP still has a suit to get rid of pre-existing conditions which the Trump White house supported

In a lawsuit led by Texas officials that has percolated into federal court over the past year, 20 GOP officials across the country have argued that most of Obamacare—and its mandated preexisting-conditions coverage, chiefly—should be declared unconstitutional after Congress’s decision to invalidate the law’s individual mandate in its major tax reform in 2017.

www.theatlantic.com...

People saw through the GOP subterfuge of all of a sudden claiming they are for it while for years they tried to repeal it.

You always link to the "strange" articles
Nowhere in that entire article is there any quotes , notes , or basically anything to back that statement up
You did not read the article , did you ?
Just that click bait glorified headline...

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

If they’re used to help people without engaging in unethical practices they can be a good thing.

When has this happened within the past ten years. Since the first breaths of the ACA, insurance companies have been absolutely booming. Pharmaceutical companies booming. Private healthcare firms booming. What has this gotten? Cost of care..BOOMING.

Meanwhile, quality of care is in the tank. Choice is in the tank.

Back to my original question:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I always say when there are no more homeless, jobless, people without health care, the environment is saved, and severe poverty is wiped out, as humans have the capacity to do now, I might just become a conservative.

All you have to do is convince stupid people to stop breeding (Most of them vote Democrat so I guess you aren't interested in that). Good luck.

edit on 8-11-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I think the poverty and homelessness that exist already would take priority to insurance.

Then you aren’t realizing how closely related poverty, homelessness and lack of healthcare are in this country.

. Nerdwallet estimated that 57.1 percent of U.S. personal bankruptcies are due to medical bills, making it the leading cause of the financial calamity that often precedes homelessness.

How Health and Homelessness are Connected Medically

One of the best things we can do to end most homelessness is to address the health problems, mental and otherwise that have forced a lot of these people to be homeless. I think an investment in the health and well being of ourselves will pay off in related areas of society.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: highvein

Then you aren’t realizing how closely related poverty, homelessness and lack of healthcare are in this country.

. Nerdwallet estimated that 57.1 percent of U.S. personal bankruptcies are due to medical bills, making it the leading cause of the financial calamity that often precedes homelessness.

How Health and Homelessness are Connected Medically

One of the best things we can do to end most homelessness is to address the health problems, mental and otherwise that have forced a lot of these people to be homeless. I think an investment in the health and well being of ourselves will pay off in related areas of society.

What you can do about that is convince doctors to stop leeching off of sick people. The only thing that has to do with health insurance is that health insurance allows the medical mafia to keep buying their big houses and their expensive cars and so forth. Insurance just cushions the blow so people don't care how overpriced healthcare is. "Universal healthcare" isn't going to do a damn thing about the real problem. The cost.

But of course, the left is just as willing to blackmail the sick and desperate as the medical mafia is. A match made in heaven.
edit on 8-11-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Lol
What have you won?
What has anyone won with the steaming pile of sh!t named after your delusional King?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Of course nothing is free. We are already paying out the @$$ for the toll on society and the country that our current healthcare system is responsible for. In numerous areas.

My argument is that we’re all already paying for it in so many different ways. Not only monetarily, but we’re paying the social costs, which is like a snowball of money rolling off a cliff. I think we should at least try something different. To do nothing is to just leave things the way they are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join