It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to just do 4 years ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What to gain by doing 8 ? Two big years already with a turn up in your economy, Korea, Iran, numerous rearranged trade deals, some wall construction and ideas for tax cuts and immigration control. The Democrats in house will stall anything they can now and maybe even be stupid and start wasting money on backward investigations. Will he chuckle and get on with his business ? I mean out of the blue to let the Republicans find someone to follow his routing. He for sure has pointed in a direction for some prosperity and down the line maybe even debt reductions ? Let's face it, the left press are never going to support him or a half of your country. Is it in his mind anywhere I just wonder ? No evidence, no quotes, no you Tube just a thought.
Take care all.. TIANDB.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
How is this for an October Surprise, opening a discussion on a biblical jubilee?

Nah, no one would vote for that...

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

None of it matters.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well, at the moment he intends on doing 8 years - this based upon him publicly asking Pence a few days ago to be his 2020 running mate.

Plus, democrats can wreck in 5 minutes what has taken everyone (sane) years to achieve, therefore the dems must never again be given access to the oval office otherwise shortly thereafter, the final trainwreck.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I've thought for some time that Trump will only do 1 term.
Really don't think he will run again, but a lot depends on what he can get done with executive action in the next 2 years.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Well, at the moment he intends on doing 8 years - this based upon him publicly asking Pence a few days ago to be his 2020 running mate.

Plus, democrats can wreck in 5 minutes what has taken everyone (sane) years to achieve, therefore the dems must never again be given access to the oval office otherwise shortly thereafter, the final trainwreck.

Yeah...that was pretty funny during the presser.

I wish more folks would watch the entirety of his public appearances instead of watching edited clips and basing opinions on them.

I have no doubt he will run for a second term. When you have as many people with as much support as that and are doing great things it gives you more of a reason to keep it up.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Re: "the Democrats™ in house will stall anything they can now...."

In Your estimate; did this occur when Obama was POTUS? Did the Republicans™ drag their feet for 8 years?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If the dems had any brains they wouldn’t waste their time trying to do these half assed investigations. They will never be able to impeach. They won’t be able to prove any Russian collusion.
Aren’t any Democratic supporters wondering what the party platform is?
Shouldn’t they be using these next 2 years to come up with a plan besides more smear campaigns.
I don’t get it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
If the dems had any brains they wouldn’t waste their time trying to do these half assed investigations. They will never be able to impeach. They won’t be able to prove any Russian collusion.
Shouldn’t they be using these next 2 years to come up with a plan besides more smear campaigns.
I don’t get it.

No. No democrat supporters are wondering what the party platform is. They don’t care. The don’t want a platform. They accept that the party has no platform.

That is obvious.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

This concept is a fail for me. There's simply no reason for him to not run and win a second term.

link   
He’ll try to do 8 just because Obama once told (embarrassed) him “...you’ll never be the President”, or something similar - easily available online. He proved Obama wrong there and I suspect he wants to be able to boast I was President as long as you! (to Obama). I’m still betting had Obama not been an ass at a White House correspondents dinner, Trump would have never ran in the first place.

Now whether he can get re-elected remains to be seen. I support him as my POTUS but he does some ridiculous stuff to often (and with increasing frequency). He has achieved bigly in his first two years and to the benefit of US citizens. I look forward to 2 more years of such successes (realizing Pelosi, the ultimate obstructor is now in the way).

Absent some better handlers soon, I’m not seeing good re-election possibilities; nor am I convinced the GOP wouldn’t run someone against him.

link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

In Your estimate; did this occur when Obama was POTUS? Did the Republicans™ drag their feet for 8 years?

You are supposed to say no to rape, which is what the Democrats wanted to do to small business, industry and the American taxpayer.

Besides, it was 6 years... Democrats had a super-majority the first 2 years so they could have literally passed whatever they wanted.

Total amnesty, for instance.

Yet what they really REALLY wanted though was governmental control of the health care industry... 1/6th of our economy.

So whenever you hear a Democrat whine about the poor illegal alien, keep in mind... the Democrats didn't give a crap about them at all when they could have just passed a bill without a single Republican vote.

Hint.. they didn't want it fixed.

Otherwise, what would they run on when they are out of power?

As for the OP, why not another term for Trump?

The next two years of the left's BS is going to make his next campaign a breeze.

link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I don’t get it.

No. No democrat supporters are wondering what the party platform is. They don’t care. The don’t want a platform. They accept that the party has no platform.

That is obvious.

They have a platform, it's the sore losers' childish tantrum platform.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Not on sane legislation...you know, the kind you didn’t have to vote in to be able to find out what’s in it!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Back in the olden days, presidents sometimes just did one term........been a while but

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Trump 1 term ?

3 terms seems more likely.

Nobody should get tired of winning.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This concept is a fail for me. There's simply no reason for him to not run and win a second term.

Of course. We could use 4 more years of illiteracy. That way it would completely destroy the republican party.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

Of course. We could use 4 more years of illiteracy. That way it would completely destroy the republican party.

Blah, blah, blah. You seem to be missing your A game, try again when you've found it. I'm not the minor leagues here, man.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm not so sure it hasn't been destroyed already. (This is not a defense of the mealy mouthed democratic party, either.)
edit on 020182018k23010America/Chicagothpm by Look2theSacredHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

You want illiteracy - you already have it, and its on your side of the aisle:

edit on 8-11-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join