It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One positive from antifa at Tuckers house

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]ketsuko[/post]
a reply to: [post]bknapple32[/post]

Oh give it a rest, this person is in the press.

By your own standards, Tucker himself isn't relevant because he's an opinion journalist.

So I guess none of this matters at all, and you have now rationalized it all away.

Yeeesh a lot of assumptions going on here.....

So lets see- youve opined that I find tucker irrelevant (how you came to this conclusion with facts- who the hell knows)
Truth: I find Tucker and his audience VERY relevant. Sure hes not a 'journalist' but he runs a prominent show for Fox News. We have reached this new precipice in media where commentators are given a platform as IF they are a journalist- but preach under the mantra of" Well im not a journalist and therefor dont have the same standards.

How have I said none of this matter- I stated this is bllsht on the part of those who went to tuckers house.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I believe many of the right have fallen into the propaganda trap by the further right that "Antifa" or 'anarchists' 'communists' etc are part of the left, or the democratic party, it is common myth to say Soros funds the "extreme left" (even though anarchy and anarchists are a majority anti-leftism)

the Left tolerated "Anifa" or "extreme left" actions because they were out there like sheep yelling with them, they exploited the "anti-trump' narrative and american Antifa are too much of cowards to do anything but pander to the liberals

when "Antifa" or in this case Smash Racism decided to do something out of pocket the left has to denounce it...

also, their Twitter got suspended, but Richard Spencer still has his up, talk about Right-wing bias...right

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: [post]ketsuko[/post]
a reply to: [post]bknapple32[/post]

By your own standards, Tucker himself isn't relevant because he's an opinion journalist.

So I guess none of this matters at all, and you have now rationalized it all away.

Yeeesh a lot of assumptions going on here.....

So lets see- youve opined that I find tucker irrelevant (how you came to this conclusion with facts- who the hell knows)
Truth: I find Tucker and his audience VERY relevant. Sure hes not a 'journalist' but he runs a prominent show for Fox News. We have reached this new precipice in media where commentators are given a platform as IF they are a journalist- but preach under the mantra of" Well im not a journalist and therefor dont have the same standards.

How have I said none of this matter- I stated this is bllsht on the part of those who went to tuckers house.

I have more respect for pundits who admit they are biased than "journalist" who are but act is if they aren't....

One of the reasons Fox is so popular is because they got into the game claiming to be "fair and balanced" because it was so obvious the other channels' news shows were left leaning.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I wonder if fox will help provide security for their employee? Id say his wife and kids need security when people start banging on their door at night threatening harm.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Bull. . . . .

CRAP!

For too long, Antifa has been defended on the news, by pundits here and elsewhere.

And NOW. . . just NOW people are clutching their pearls and saying how "awful" Antifa is?

Give me a break!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: bknapple32

There have a been the usual "I don't condone this, BUT ..." style statements being put out by some press journos here and there.

He writes for The Atlantic and Slate.

I would like one example where Tucker incited racial hatred, just one example.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Wasnt sure what forum to put this in.

For those of you that dont know, an Antifa group showed up outside of Tucker Carlsons house, where he and his wife and kids live, and started harrassing and making veiled threats.

Its terrible and there have been several threads on it.

And I think its ridiculous how some msm make excuses for why this is ok (which I eleborate more in my video at the bottom)

However, There was one positive I saw duirng this.

On the twitter feed for Smash racism DC (the antifa group) where they put up the viedo, a lot of self proclaimed democrats and people that dislike tucker were appalled by what this group was doing.

And some of my real life friends who dislike tucker have told me the same.

I think this helps point to my theory that the average person on the right or left is against extremism, its just there voices are drown out by extremists on both sides.

There are two argument types for why antifa is wrong here.

The first is the moral argument. Of course this is morally wrong, could escalate, etc.

However, some people will not be convinced by that, as the tribal nature of our politics can warp what we are willing to morally justify.

SO there is also the stargeic argument. IS what they are doing strategically good? Clearly it is not.

The idea is to get more people to agree with you.

So if you are antifa, and you want less trump supporters, and more people that support "No borders. No walls. No USA at all" (good luck with that) do you think actions like this help get people on your side? Of course not, it does the opposite.

I think the people I were reading acknowledged that it was a strategic blunder. But more than that, they knew it was immoral as well.

And that gives me hope.

So at least that little ray of light came to me from this crap incident.

I don't think that you know what Antifa's strategy is (I certainly don't either), so I think your analysis of it might be off.

You are 100% right that it is morally wrong.

I, however, don't give a flying flock about tucker or his problems. So, maybe I don't belong in this conversation.

I'll tell you this as a analogy though. I used to know ARA/SHARP (anti racist) skinheads. Their moral stance didn't make them better people. They were still skinheads and they were still aholes. We just didn't have any nazis at our shows because of them.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Maybe the fact that journalists or the media are not supporting this is merely self survival. Who's to say they won't say the wrong thing one day and be on the antifa list.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yup, and now we see it in the other thread on how they are excusing a man touching a woman, it's a sad world right now.

Bottom line is the deranged Leftists are suffering from a mental disorder.
We don’t see any crazed Right Wingers outside of idiot Acosta’s house, do we?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Completely off topic, but your video stills always look like you're waiting to accept a sample bite of your wife's food, AKA "here comes the choo-choo" agape mouth and look of happy expectation only seen in toddlers being hand fed and spouses eager to eat food they didn't personally order for themselves.

ETA: On topic... Here's hoping ANTIFAP continues this and ends up screwing with the wrong hombre and it ends in such a magnificently decisive consequence ANTIFAP grinds themselves back into the woodwork of their upper middle class white parents' basements too scared to come back out for years to come.
edit on 8-11-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The thing I find weird about this whole situation is that the people who despise Tucker Carlson so very much know so very much about every little thing he apparently says. I quite honestly barely know who Tucker Carlson is. A quick search reveals that he is some talking head on a 24 hour news station. So that tells me right there that I don't really care what he has to say about anything in particular. Anyone watching any 24 hour news station for whatever reason are doing themselves a great disservice.

People are just addicted to outrage. It is the old Howard Stern effect of the people who can't stand him listen the longest and most intently. Except, because of the 24 hour news cycle and social media services it has exploded on a mass scale. What I find so ironic and humorous about these encounters between to opposing viewpoints is that the psychology of the two sides is essentially the same. It's what I like to call 'mirror in mirror' politics. Imagine screaming into a mirror with another mirror placed directly behind you. It just goes on for infinity, no end point, no conclusion. If you could audibly create this effect I would imagine it would be quite nauseating to listen to just as all this political activist bloviating is.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

But that's the thing, any person these so called justice warriors see's as an opposition they project Nazism on to feel emboldened and justified. That's exactly what people on the right have been trying to explain for the last 2 years. It's not good for the person or society, they project things and then extrapolate from the projection. This mean the projection became fact in their mind, false memory successfully implanted and the justification for their actions will override their ability for moral conscious as they have created a mentality for war. Their are creating a rationale for "war" and grouping together and placing themselves in the perceived "war zone", a tragedy is inevitable if it persist.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: [post]Grambler[/post]

Agree with this whole heartedly. No rational person on the left condones this nonsense. And many in the msm are condemning this. Lots of left figureheads also condemning this. Not sure what you mean by 'some in the msm' making excuses why this is ok.... I havent read anything from anyone relevant in the msm making excuses for this.

Who has said this is reasonable?

The left condones it, you just choose to ignore it. These types of actions are supported by:

1) Simply not acknowledging this type of behavior occurs

2) When faced with it occurring, instead of condemning, it is semi-justified with "but... " statements and half apologies.

So basically you're a black white nationalist by your own standards?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
As I've said a number of times on this site Antifa and Democrats are two different things entirely. Antifa would just as soon see the establishment Democrats burn as the establishment Republicans.

I actually know one of the founders of Smash Racism DC. He's been posting more negative things about Pelosi the past couple days than anyone else.

One massive problem with your "theory".

They commit no violence toward Democrats and NEVER stand up against Democrat policy making.

They are the white militant arm of the Democrat Party. La Raza is the brown militant arm and
the Black Panthers are the black militant arm.

While the right disavows their racists and anti-Semites the left wholeheartedly embraces their racist, misogynistic, jew hating members. Hell, sometimes they even put their racist, anti semites right next to Bill Clinton at a funeral!

Antifa is the Democrat Party. Stop lying and shielding these Communist degenerates and their Democrat Party enablers.
edit on 8-11-2018 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Good luck with this. As you can see from the replies in this thread, the response from right-wing posters:

They do what they do in the name of leftist causes.

The left condones it, you just choose to ignore it. These types of actions are supported by:

Yup, and now we see it in the other thread on how they are excusing a man touching a woman, it's a sad world right now.

And you yourself went with:

Well cnn and many others went out of their way to say of this same group "Dont call the a mob!" when they ran cruz and his wife out of a restaurant, and it is just them exercising free speech.

No amount of denouncement, no amount of outcry from people on the Left is going to stop people on the Right from declaring that the entire Left is responsible for the actions of our fringe. Nor are those people on the Right going to acknowledge that their own fringe is full of violent bigots who murder people.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Good luck with this. As you can see from the replies in this thread, the response from right-wing posters:

They do what they do in the name of leftist causes.

And you yourself went with:

Well cnn and many others went out of their way to say of this same group "Dont call the a mob!" when they ran cruz and his wife out of a restaurant, and it is just them exercising free speech.

No amount of denouncement, no amount of outcry from people on the Left is going to stop people on the Right from declaring that the entire Left is responsible for the actions of our fringe. Nor are those people on the Right going to acknowledge that their own fringe is full of violent bigots who murder people.

aww

Aww, you completely missed it.....effort right over your head by that much, it went by quickly I know....it's not that black and white....the lovely bunch of agitators will have to reassess

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

No member here at A T S.....carries with him.....

A Label.......

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I acknowledge lunatics on all sides

And o don’t think me pointing out what msm have said about antifa, this exact group, is out of bounds

That isn’t me saying all on the left feel this way

By that token, when you criticize what trumo or hannity says, I assume you aren’t saying all right wingers endorse what they said

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

And you shoot your entire post down with the last sentence

Antifa isn’t left wing, but Richard spencer is right wing

Yep sounds reasonable

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Maybe Rand Paul's Wife could go Shopping for a Firearm for Mrs. Carlson . She might Need one in the Near Future if this Sheit does not Stop ASAP .......
edit on 8-11-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join