It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One positive from antifa at Tuckers house

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wasnt sure what forum to put this in.

For those of you that dont know, an Antifa group showed up outside of Tucker Carlsons house, where he and his wife and kids live, and started harrassing and making veiled threats.

Its terrible and there have been several threads on it.

And I think its ridiculous how some msm make excuses for why this is ok (which I eleborate more in my video at the bottom)

However, There was one positive I saw duirng this.

On the twitter feed for Smash racism DC (the antifa group) where they put up the viedo, a lot of self proclaimed democrats and people that dislike tucker were appalled by what this group was doing.

And some of my real life friends who dislike tucker have told me the same.

I think this helps point to my theory that the average person on the right or left is against extremism, its just there voices are drown out by extremists on both sides.

There are two argument types for why antifa is wrong here.

The first is the moral argument. Of course this is morally wrong, could escalate, etc.

However, some people will not be convinced by that, as the tribal nature of our politics can warp what we are willing to morally justify.

SO there is also the stargeic argument. IS what they are doing strategically good? Clearly it is not.

The idea is to get more people to agree with you.

So if you are antifa, and you want less trump supporters, and more people that support "No borders. No walls. No USA at all" (good luck with that) do you think actions like this help get people on your side? Of course not, it does the opposite.

I think the people I were reading acknowledged that it was a strategic blunder. But more than that, they knew it was immoral as well.

And that gives me hope.

So at least that little ray of light came to me from this crap incident.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The other positive is if Tucker didn't have a CCW before, he and his wife certainly have grounds for one now!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: [post]Grambler[/post]

Agree with this whole heartedly. No rational person on the left condones this nonsense. And many in the msm are condemning this. Lots of left figureheads also condemning this. Not sure what you mean by 'some in the msm' making excuses why this is ok.... I havent read anything from anyone relevant in the msm making excuses for this.

Who has said this is reasonable?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
As I've said a number of times on this site Antifa and Democrats are two different things entirely. Antifa would just as soon see the establishment Democrats burn as the establishment Republicans.

I actually know one of the founders of Smash Racism DC. He's been posting more negative things about Pelosi the past couple days than anyone else.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Agree with this whole heartedly. No rational person on the left condones this nonsense. And many in the msm are condemning this. Lots of left figureheads also condemning this. Not sure what you mean by 'some in the msm' making excuses why this is ok.... I havent read anything from anyone relevant in the msm making excuses for this.

Well cnn and many others went out of their way to say of this same group "Dont call the a mob!" when they ran cruz and his wife out of a restaurant, and it is just them exercising free speech.

They also explained how they are good people just fighting fascists (its in their name! says don lemon).

But I havent seen any celebrate this action by the same group yet.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

There have a been the usual "I don't condone this, BUT ..." style statements being put out by some press journos here and there.

He writes for The Atlantic and Slate.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

They do what they do in the name of leftist causes.

They need to study their Nietzsche a bit more or even at all, and they'd have an idea of what they're missing from all this.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

If they had of just peacefully taunted him away from his house, well he was doing his morning jog or whatever.. I'd be like big deal, reap what you sew.

But actually going to his home to harass him, that was completely out of line and a scumbag act, to say the least.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]Grambler[/post]

originally posted by: [post]bknapple32[/post]

Well cnn and many others went out of their way to say of this same group "Dont call the a mob!" when they ran cruz and his wife out of a restaurant, and it is just them exercising free speech.

They also explained how they are good people just fighting fascists (its in their name! says don lemon).

But I havent seen any celebrate this action by the same group yet.

Few things to unpack here....

Legit question.. Is this the same group of individuals who confronted ted cruz? If not- not the same thing is it? Also- thats a public space. Is it right? Hell no- let these people eat in peace. Is it going to their private property? No and thats a big difference.

Assuming we can just throw all these antifa groups in the same category- which im fine with btw- Perhaps viewpoints can evolve? Perhaps the escalation from dinner interruptions at the local restaurant to spray painting the drive way of a private citizen made some take pause?

Again- until you see Don lemon justifying this event, youre projecting his past comments with past context on this new event. Youre better than that.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]ketsuko[/post]
a reply to: [post]bknapple32[/post]

There have a been the usual "I don't condone this, BUT ..." style statements being put out by some press journos here and there.

He writes for The Atlantic and Slate.

I clearly stated relevant msm figureheads.... This rando writer .1% of the masses have ever read and never heard of does not count.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Now you're excusing the fact that there are examples of people who have a voice in the press whatever the relevance who are rationalizing this.

You wanted and example, I gave it to you.

Do you want to know the number of times I click up MSN's opinion page and see either Slate or The Atlantic linked there? It's about as often as I see The Federalist. Drudge picks them up too.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

The left condones it, you just choose to ignore it. These types of actions are supported by:

1) Simply not acknowledging this type of behavior occurs

2) When faced with it occurring, instead of condemning, it is semi-justified with "but... " statements and half apologies.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I believ it is the exact same group, Smash racism DC.

You are somehwat right that IO havent seen lemon say this was ok.

But he defended this very group chasing people out of public.

A group by the way which has been known to committ violence.

As have msm people.

But sure, lets see what he says about this, you are right

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If Tucker lived outside of DC, and had guns, do you think the mob would have shown up and knocked down his door.

This answers the question, why would some one need an AR-15: An Antifa mob might show up at your house.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Double post

2nd line
edit on 8-11-2018 by SocratesJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Now is when the people fanning the flames will see who they are sleeping with.

The last day I ever associated with ANTIFA I almost got arrested in another country and I came home bloody and bruised.

They are no good. ANTIFA's "friends" will see for themselves.

edit on 11 8 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]ketsuko[/post]

Now you're excusing the fact that there are examples of people who have a voice in the press whatever the relevance who are rationalizing this.

You wanted and example, I gave it to you.

Do you want to know the number of times I click up MSN's opinion page and see either Slate or The Atlantic linked there? It's about as often as I see The Federalist. Drudge picks them up too.

you had me until "Opinion page"

Again- I said relevant. Theres literally a plethora of 'relevant' media that all of us would agree on. Anyone can pluck one friggen opinion stating anything... Im not outlying an impossible goalpost to reach.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]Grambler[/post]

I believ it is the exact same group, Smash racism DC.

You are somehwat right that IO havent seen lemon say this was ok.

But he defended this very group chasing people out of public.

A group by the way which has been known to committ violence.

As have msm people.

But sure, lets see what he says about this, you are right

I would hope Lemon is wise enough to see the escalation. I would expect nothing less than - this is not right we do not condone this....

Anything short of that is bullsht and I agree... But as weve both said- gotta hear from the horses mouth first- Perhaps this is a good thread to keep a running count of MSM relevant figureheads and their reactions to this.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Oh give it a rest, this person is in the press.

By your own standards, Tucker himself isn't relevant because he's an opinion journalist.

So I guess none of this matters at all, and you have now rationalized it all away.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh give it a rest, this person is in the press.

By your own standards, Tucker himself isn't relevant because he's an opinion journalist.

So I guess none of this matters at all, and you have now rationalized it all away.

Yup, and now we see it in the other thread on how they are excusing a man touching a woman, it's a sad world right now.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join