It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders tweets doctored video in support of pulling Acosta's credentials

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

How was the first amendment infringed in your opinion?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

See what I quoted above for explanation. I think I had it wrong. Frames were removed, not added.
edit on 8-11-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Can we just all agree this whole thing is stupid? I'm sorry, but I thought Republicans were better than this. I hate Acosta and CNN, but this is not an assault. This is a simple reflex reaction by someone honed into his job. Trump was right about him being a rude terrible person. But c'mon people, assault? Just drop it.

I agree with you and I'm sure most others do as well. But this is CNN, the same organization that isn't above calling someone a rapist, child molester, womanizer, etc. with absolutely no proof to destroy someone for political gain.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
“What you are seeing and what you are reading, is not happening.”
Donald Trump

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: BlackJackal

But let me guess, all the Trumpets are ok with it, right?

I do not think any one is ok with a man putting hands on a woman, are you?

Even if that man grabs them by the p***y?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

How was the first amendment infringed in your opinion?

Technically it was not HOWEVER there is a danger that lurks here. First it is Acosta, then who is next??

You think it ends here? No. This whole incident sets a dangerous precedent.

From Twitter:

As someone who has had my press credentials denied by authoritarian China, I never thought I'd see this crap happen in the US. And this "most reporters are okay but @Acosta is aggressive" thing is the EXACT line Chinese propaganda printed about me. It's a tactic, people.

Right now, they're singling out @Acosta. But tomorrow it'll be Journalist X. And later Journalist Y and Z. It can happen very quickly. And of course, there's always something wrong with the reporter. They'll go back ten years to find something you misreported if they have to.

They'll start casting suspicion about not just your work, but your very character. All they need is a whiff of anything unsavory. And it'll be a talking point different people in the government will say, in public and private.

And you know what? This too will just be today's news, a blip. Because we're in the era of the exhausted majority. This too, I saw in China. Ordinary, decent people with busy lives who have no energy to be exhausted or outraged by politics.

And that, folks, is how a billion+ people in China live in an authoritarian state. Guess what? You don't feel daily oppression in an authoritarian country. You have Starbucks and the usual normal people stuff. But —

While you don't feel daily oppression in an authoritarian country, part of my job was to see what happened when the state DID cross paths with ordinary people. And when it does, law and justice are not there for you, and trust me, it's BAD.

BY THE WAY WHITE HOUSE REPORTERS: Something foreign correspondents in places like Beijing and Moscow have learned: Hang together, or else you'll hang separately. My peers supported me when I got expelled from China. That stuff matters.

Melissa Chan
Link to Melissa Chan’s Twitter account

This whole thing stinks. It’s bigger than just Acosta.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Thank you -- I appreciate the explanation. I just watched a video posted on page 4 with a frame-by-frame analysis, and it seems that the WH video freezes for four frames, missing three frames in the original.

Honestly, tho, I just see splitting hairs to minimize Acosta's actions. This doesn't exonerate Acosta. However, I'd like to think the WH would have much better sources too. Infowars? SMH.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

But let me guess, all the Trumpets are ok with it, right?

I do not think any one is ok with a man putting hands on a woman, are you?

Even if that man grabs them by the p***y?

Was it consensual?
If not then no.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

However, I'd like to think the WH would have much better sources too. Infowars? SMH.

The White House uses whatever sources paint their actions in a positive light. The truth doesn’t mean anything to these people.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

However, I'd like to think the WH would have much better sources too. Infowars? SMH.

The White House uses whatever sources paint their actions in a positive light. The truth doesn’t mean anything to these people.

Happens with every administration, welcome to politics.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Technically it was not

Oh

Who else has been suspended?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Well... the fact that you are lambasting Acosta for slightly pushing a woman's arm away while at the same time supporting Trump 100% despite the fact he barged in on naked women without their consent speaks volumes.

One is worse than the other, you seem to have your morals out of whack.
edit on 11/8/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Trump's supporters seemed to be okay with Corey Lewandowski doing it to a female reporter during the campaign.

I am not ok with it.
Are you ok with men putting hands on ladies?

I’m a woman. The “lady” came up and attempted to grab the mic from him multiple times. On the fourth time Acosta raised up his arm a bit to block her and then it touched hers as he brought it down. Meanwhile the “lady” was trying to physically rip away the microphone. One could say she accosted Acosta and he lightly defended himself.

But you all know that. You’re just enjoying trolling.

Have fun!! It’s only the Constitution, after all...

She was doing her job was she not?
Funny how having respect for a lady is taken here.

Her job? The intern’s job is to physically grapple with journalists for the microphone when the President doesn’t like the questions he or she asks?

If the gender roles were switched and the biases as well, let’s say a female Fox News reporter, and a male intern comes up and forcibly tries multiple times to rip the mics away from her, because Obama didn’t like her questions and was calling her rude and a terrible person, and her arm brushes against where his is underneath hers where he is grabbing the mic...

What would you say then????

I would say that Obama was out of line and so was the intern. If anything, the intern was doing the assaulting.

edit on 8-11-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I agree. Welcome to American politics. Crap like this will continue to be pushed by both sides. Welcome to the dissolution of our society, we see it playing out from both sides of the aisle.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

“Yeah that's her with the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful... I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything.

Grab them by the p****. You can do anything."

- Donald J. Trump

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Technically it was not

Oh

Who else has been suspended?

Prediction: attacks on the Press and individual journalists will increase in the very near future.

We can revisit this then. If I’m wrong I will admit it. Will you admit to being wrong that there’s “nothing to see here” when that becomes apparent?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

an honest mistake that's the spin you're going with? lmao.

No spin -- asking an obvious and what should be an automatic question is not putting a spin on anything.

There are three frames missing that in no way exonerate or excuse Acosta's behavior. We do not know how or why those frames came to be missing. Before assuming guilt, it is incumbent upon us to look for alternative explanations -- including human error and hardware error.

We also cannot assume that Sarah knew there was a problem with the video. What we do know -- and take exception to -- is that she used the worst source instead of the best.

bring integrity back.

Indeed.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: underwerks

Happens with every administration, welcome to politics.

Not like this one. No administration in recent history has lied as long and as hard as these people do. And on top of that they expect people to believe them. If you call them out, you’re an enemy of America.

If I was a Trump supporter I’d be angry that they think I’m stupid enough to believe them. But that’s just me.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Now you're defending Acosta. For ATS, you are like him. That sounds like a compliment in your ears.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Can we just all agree this whole thing is stupid? I'm sorry, but I thought Republicans were better than this. I hate Acosta and CNN, but this is not an assault. This is a simple reflex reaction by someone honed into his job. Trump was right about him being a rude terrible person. But c'mon people, assault? Just drop it.

Thank You for adding some common sense into the equation.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join