It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders tweets doctored video in support of pulling Acosta's credentials

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Nope. She was doing her job. Trying to take the microphone. He was instructed to and did not comply. Without consent. There is no consent. There is no private property. If anything he was in possession of government property and did not return it when asked. She was doing her job. In doing her job he pulled away the microphone and at the same time came in contact with her arm to a degree you can see in the videos, any of them, she loses balance. That was intentional and if you think not you do not know Mr Accosted....

He should not lose it for that though. He should for NOT being a reporter. He is a writer of opinion. He started by saying, to the POTUS, I challenge your statement. Really? You have balls big enough to try to call out the POTUS and at the same time make a 20-something staffer your aggressor? He did on CNN. Blamed her. This narcissistic douche needs to get a job as Baldwins side kick on his failing show.

I would be petty enough to press charges just to tie his dumb ass up in court for a bit....

Are you serious? The POTUS is not a king, he works for the people and if he lies he should be called out.

Are you such a sycophant that you are willing to allow the President to get away with lying to the American People?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Are you such a sycophant that you are willing to allow the President to get away with lying to the American People?

Is that a "I am not a crook" thing, or a "read my lips, no new taxes" thing, or a "like your doctor, keep your doctor" thing?
Or is this a new thing exclusive to the bad orange man?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

I just read your link, ok I am not a video professional so maybe it was doctored. i was under the impression that could be explained by compression. Maybe we need SkepticOverlord to explain this like he used to do for the reptilian videos.

My point is, whatever doctoring happened didn't magically make his hand come into contact with her arm. He did that all on his own. It is CLEARLY visible in the original video.

It wouldnt even make sense to doctor it because 1) theres no need and 2)doctored videos get found out pretty quickly these days and it would never have been used in a court of law as they would examine the original.

If your point is to say Sarah was fooled by infowars then sure that is possible. It almost kinda seems like InfoWars did this on purpose. Q has already indicated they work for the cabal as controlled opposition so that wouldn't surprise me actually.

Now we magically have a news story thay will make a lot of people assume that he never touched her. He chopped her arm LIGHTLY (i wouldnt call it assault but im no cop or lawyer) and then grasped protectively over the mic like a security blanket.

But even if it wasnt assault, he did make contact with her arm in order to prevent her from taking the mic after he clearly heard that she was instructed to remove his mic. How can you not see that??

In no way was this assault. When she pulled the mic it pulled him off balance and caused the contact. I have had more contact with people in crowds and I am sure you have too. Are you willing to file assault charges every time you bump into someone in a crowd?

The other problem is that even after being presented with evidence that the video is faked, Trump and Sarah sanders still insist it is real. That is the big problem, don't believe anything that the President doesn't tell you is true. Your reference to 1984 is very poignant wouldn't you say?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Is that a "I am not a crook" thing, or a "read my lips, no new taxes" thing, or a "like your doctor, keep your doctor" thing?

no, it's a "I could shoot someone and not lose support" thing.

your president even thinks his supporters are idiots. lol
edit on 9-11-2018 by knoxie because: lol

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Lying to the American People? So...you think Trump was in the room or doctored it himself? Or maybe he truly believed it wasnt doctored and so wasnt lying.

It required computer technology to even be able to detect that it was altered. Any person watching it ALONG SIDE THE ORIGINAL couldn't tell any difference except the normal differences due to compression occuring while switching formats. But your theory is "Trump somehow KNEW"?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I admit that ALL Presidents have lied, but NO president has lied like Trump. Even this situation right now. We have people in this thread and in America arguing over whether or not this video is altered. Trump insists it is real and there are people who believe anything he says. Trump lies about things that people should be able to find out with their own eyes and ears.

Surely you can see how dangerous that is, at least I hope you can.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

is it better if he didn't know?

edit on 9-11-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Lying to the American People? So...you think Trump was in the room or doctored it himself? Or maybe he truly believed it wasnt doctored and so wasnt lying.

It required computer technology to even be able to detect that it was altered. Any person watching it ALONG SIDE THE ORIGINAL couldn't tell any difference except the normal differences due to compression occuring while switching formats. But your theory is "Trump somehow KNEW"?

NO I am not saying Trump knew it was altered. I am saying that he was told it was altered and still claimed it was legitimate.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

your president even thinks his supporters our idiots. lol

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

I just read your link, ok I am not a video professional so maybe it was doctored. i was under the impression that could be explained by compression. Maybe we need SkepticOverlord to explain this like he used to do for the reptilian videos.

My point is, whatever doctoring happened didn't magically make his hand come into contact with her arm. He did that all on his own. It is CLEARLY visible in the original video.

It wouldnt even make sense to doctor it because 1) theres no need and 2)doctored videos get found out pretty quickly these days and it would never have been used in a court of law as they would examine the original.

If your point is to say Sarah was fooled by infowars then sure that is possible. It almost kinda seems like InfoWars did this on purpose. Q has already indicated they work for the cabal as controlled opposition so that wouldn't surprise me actually.

Now we magically have a news story thay will make a lot of people assume that he never touched her. He chopped her arm LIGHTLY (i wouldnt call it assault but im no cop or lawyer) and then grasped protectively over the mic like a security blanket.

But even if it wasnt assault, he did make contact with her arm in order to prevent her from taking the mic after he clearly heard that she was instructed to remove his mic. How can you not see that??

In no way was this assault. When she pulled the mic it pulled him off balance and caused the contact. I have had more contact with people in crowds and I am sure you have too. Are you willing to file assault charges every time you bump into someone in a crowd?

The other problem is that even after being presented with evidence that the video is faked, Trump and Sarah sanders still insist it is real. That is the big problem, don't believe anything that the President doesn't tell you is true. Your reference to 1984 is very poignant wouldn't you say?

I already said I dont think it was assault. So, no, I wouldn't press charges on everyone who bumps into me.

If he was thrown off balance it was because he gripped the mic tighter rather than release it when he should have. He knew his time was up, but he wanted to #resist.

And, even after "being shown evidence" I myself am skeptical. I dont blame Trump for sticking to his story. It doesnt look doctored. There could be another explanation so I would hold out for more evidence before believing the first Trump hating video tech that speaks up.

If I hadn't seen about 100 other lies from people trying to make Trump look bad, I might be a little less skeptical. But you guys have burned me too many times.

Btw, who presented evidence to him?

Your 1984 counter-reference makes no sense. I already said "maybe it WAS doctored" so how is that "believing anything the president tells me"? (or the strange double negative way you put it, NOT believing what he tells you is NOT true)

Im satisfied enough now that you have moved the goal posts. First in the OP he never came in to contact with her arm. Now its "she startled him" or "he lost his balance"... So at least your admitting he touched her.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I admit that ALL Presidents have lied

Fair enough
The rest then is just subjective and your opinion?
www.theatlantic.com...

Put bluntly, posterity will judge the current president not so much by whether he told the truth but whether he recognized what the truth actually was.

But hey, YOU are probably the first to point out this issue, right?

“How do you know when the president’s lying? His lips are moving”?

Clinton used to rip off all these corkers! You know, “I’m the greatest person to do X, Y, and Z”; or, “Al Gore’s the greatest vice president ever.” It was a form of bragging that goes along with campaigning, and as a reporter you learned to take it with a grain of salt. But some of those lies…

Hmm sound familiar?

He was always bragging. Sure, these guys have to brag in order to get elected, but Clinton went way beyond. He was always the biggest, the best, the first—even if he wasn’t.

Gee, its almost like we have been here before?

This was a lot like Reagan, who, when corrected by his staff, would just look at them like they were daft. Reagan stuck to telling his stories his way.

Keep on pointing out how this is sooooo terrible for trump to do tho, cause, you know, we all believe you and stuff.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

no, it's a "I could shoot someone and not lose support" thing.

your president even thinks his supporters are idiots. lol

They were talking about lies. How is that paraphrased quote a lie? It was an obvious figure of speech.

You didn't have anything relevant to say, but you just, felt an urge to share that little soundbyte for some reason?

Does Trump think "the smartest man in America" is an idiot? The American with probably the highest IQ is a Trump supporter. Look it up.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

. . . "the smartest man in America" is an idiot? The American with probably the highest IQ is a Trump supporter. Look it up.

Yes, he could be an idiot.

IQ means nothing by itself.

If it isn't applied, it has no real value.

Many savants have high IQs -- but, can't realistically apply it to function normally in day to day life.
edit on 9-11-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
No, she didn't.

This has been talked about by just about every left news outlet and debunked by nearly every other news outlet.

Good try though.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

I already said I dont think it was assault. So, no, I wouldn't press charges on everyone who bumps into me.

If he was thrown off balance it was because he gripped the mic tighter rather than release it when he should have. He knew his time was up, but he wanted to #resist.

And, even after "being shown evidence" I myself am skeptical. I dont blame Trump for sticking to his story. It doesnt look doctored. There could be another explanation so I would hold out for more evidence before believing the first Trump hating video tech that speaks up.

If I hadn't seen about 100 other lies from people trying to make Trump look bad, I might be a little less skeptical. But you guys have burned me too many times.

Btw, who presented evidence to him?

Your 1984 counter-reference makes no sense. I already said "maybe it WAS doctored" so how is that "believing anything the president tells me"? (or the strange double negative way you put it, NOT believing what he tells you is NOT true)

Im satisfied enough now that you have moved the goal posts. First in the OP he never came in to contact with her arm. Now its "she startled him" or "he lost his balance"... So at least your admitting he touched her.

Did you read 1984? Did you know the main character worked at the Ministry of Truth and his job was to change news stories to make them line up with what Big Brother said? I would say an altered video being used to back up a lying President is getting a little too damn close to 1984 for my liking.

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
No, she didn't.

This has been talked about by just about every left news outlet and debunked by nearly every other news outlet.

Good try though.

As I previously said.

Pro-Trump supporters will continue to push the "doctored" video as fact.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
No, she didn't.

Good try though.

Yes, yes she did.

Even the experts say so, here this is from Fox News which hasn't debunked anything. Oh, when you make statements like "debunked by nearly every other news outlet" you should provide proof otherwise someone might think you are making # up.

From Fox:

“The edited video looks authentic: Acosta appeared to swiftly chop down on the arm of an aide as he held onto a microphone while questioning President Trump. But in the original video, Acosta’s arm appears to move only as a response to a tussle for the microphone. His statement, ‘Pardon me, ma’am,’ is not included in the video Sanders shared,” Washington Post technology reporter Drew Harwell wrote.

LINK

Expert confirms it is a fake:

A video distributed by the Trump administration to support its argument for banning CNN reporter Jim Acosta from the White House appears to have been doctored to make Acosta look more aggressive than he was during an exchange with a White House intern, an independent expert said Thursday.

LINK

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The difference is I can never remember another President telling the American people to not believe their eyes and ears and only believe what the President tells them, can you?

"Just remember, what you are seeing and what you are reading is not what's happening," Trump said. "Just stick with us, don't believe the crap you see from these people, the fake news."

LINK

Also, don't try to squirm out of this by saying "He is only talking about FAKE NEWS". Nah, he made it clear in his last Press Conference that everyone in the mainstream media is the Fake News. His definition of FAKE NEWS is anything that is critical of him anyways.

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!

“The Fake News is working overtime. Just reported that, despite the tremendous success we are having with the economy & all things else, 91% of the Network News about me is negative (Fake). Why do we work so hard in working with the media when it is corrupt? Take away credentials?”

Yep, that negative news is always FAKE.

Plus, remember that largest crowd ever? You know how he wanted everyone to believe that he had the largest crowd size at his inauguration when there was no evidence for that at all? What about the 3 million immigrants that voted illegally in 2016 that even his investigation couldn't find evidence for? What about that Comey was a showboat who was not well-liked or well-respected when that couldn't be further from the truth? Or that he was open and transparent about the Trump tower meeting in June 2016 even though the story changed 4 times? Or that he can't release his taxes because they are under audit even though Nixon did just that in 1973 and there are no laws against it? Or the phantom terrorist attack in Sweden? Or that Trump wasn't cutting taxes for the rich even though the rich got 80% of the last tax cut.

I could go on and on, but Trump is a habitual liar. He lies about IMPORTANT stuff and has aspirations of being a dictator but his supporters can't see it.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I know nothing? After 30 years in marketing and video, I've probably been at this game longer than you've been alive..
And, your expert... the one noted from the "San Fransico Chronicle (LMFAO), really? This is your evidence... do you know the normal speed rate and video compression techniques that work with Twitter??? And what happens when 'other Twitter videos' are put through this same grueling test as well? Are they scrutinized for the "video artifacts" that happen in this compressed environment? What are your experts credentials really?? Yeah, bring some more crap BlackCoyote... you're a hater and it's simply obvious your view is skewed just like the other sides is... congrats on following the puppet leaders... Remember... "I know nothing". LOL

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: notsure1

No... Mentalist.

Imagine if you were in charge of anything...

But yea Acosta nearly raped that poor intern....
Let's get some testimonies

How quick the left is to cry foul, when the very same tactics they employ are used against them. Something EVERYONE on both sides needs to think about, and take a good long look in the mirror.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join