It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sanders tweets doctored video in support of pulling Acosta's credentials

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: hoss53

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: hoss53
Donald Trump is an employee of the American people. All the people, not just the ones he likes. As such, we as his employer are obligated to make sure he does his job correctly. The only way ,I see, to do this is to ask some tough questions. If he chooses not to answer, our does not know the answer, he should say that. Instead he pouts like a 5 year old kid that just lost his lollipop.

Ok.

Still acosta did the same (acting like a 5 year old), loss his pass, and that is justified.

Again , Trump is an "employee" , he cannot control the actions or behaviors of his bosses. I. E. , we the people.

So in your opinion trump or any elected official can never kick his bosses (the press who are people) out of a press conference n0 matter how they act?

Well in that case, I suppose because alex jones is not allowed at democrat press conferences, they are violating freedom of the press and have no right to keep their boss, alex jones, out.

In fact, seeing as how I am the boss of all of our elected officials, I demand to be allowed to rant and scream at them at press conferences!

Rant and scream. Dont.believe I've ever seen that out of Orange man. "Hehe" . If you can't take it , you know the rest, I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Laugh all you want, but if anybody was assaulted, it was the staffer who assault Acosta, and if you watch the video, she was very aggressive.

Battery is the actual physical contact, whereas assault is not technically physical contact. It could be physical contact, or it could merely be the threat of physical contact, so if someone was holding a phone in their hand, and another person slapped the phone out of their hand or snatched it away from them, it would be considered an assault because it was physical contact.
www.genolaw.com...

Acosta was in the middle of a passive hand gesture, when she placed her body and arm in his physical space, while his hand was in motion, physically trying to snatch the microphone away from him. Very unprofessional!

Watch her attitude when she does finally rip it from him. Again, very aggressive. Watch how Peter Thiel played "Keep Away" with her and passed the mic off away from her reach.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Look I dont think anyone assualted anyone here.

And you could say she acted like a jerk if you want (i disagree)

But you are insane if you consider what she did an aggressive assault!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Laugh all you want, but if anybody was assaulted, it was the staffer who assault Acosta, and if you watch the video, she was very aggressive.

Battery is the actual physical contact, whereas assault is not technically physical contact. It could be physical contact, or it could merely be the threat of physical contact, so if someone was holding a phone in their hand, and another person slapped the phone out of their hand or snatched it away from them, it would be considered an assault because it was physical contact.
www.genolaw.com...

Acosta was in the middle of a passive hand gesture, when she placed her body and arm in his physical space, while his hand was in motion, physically trying to snatch the microphone away from him. Very unprofessional!

Watch her attitude when she does finally rip it from him. Again, very aggressive. Watch how Peter Thiel played "Keep Away" with her and passed the mic off away from her reach.

Assault laws vary by state and district. Washington DC has different assault laws than Virginia. You are quoting a law practice in Virginia.

In DC, all you have to prove is intent to touch. So you’ll have to prove she intended to touch Acosta.
edit on 8-11-2018 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You saw that on TV today right ?

So clever.

The View 🍋

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

So you’ll have to prove she intended to touch Acosta.

What? LOL Her deliberate action, coupled with the fact she touched 4 times, show intent.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I got it from the RAW Story article that I linked, and its links.
edit on 8-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

But you are insane if you consider what she did an aggressive assault!

What's insane is the White House and Sarah Sanders claiming Acosta should lose his credentials over his supposed assault on the staffer.

Technically, the staffer did assault Acosta, deliberately and aggressively. A jury would have to agree that she touched Acosta without consent and tried to snatch the mic from his hands.

Technically, Sarah Sander has provided "Exhibit A" in a libel case CNN and Acosta could bring, too.
edit on 8-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: [post]PurpleFox[/post]
a reply to: [post]shooterbrody[/post]

My comment was for blackjackass

How is this member allowed to just act like a 12 year old name calling and not actually adding substance? My brief stint back at ats is only continuing to prove my worries correct- this place became a cesspool of hate.

Ugh.. back to old threads and wishing for better days...

Ya you liked it better when you could scoff at conspiracies and call everyone loons and had lots of support for it.

People saw the light and what you lefties were doing suddenly got tougher...poor sweet baby.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: bknapple32

How is this member allowed to just act like a 12 year old name calling and not actually adding substance?

It’s actually a concerted effort to silence opinions they don’t agree with. I’m surprised it’s taken this long to get to ATS. Not having an upvote downvote system stops a lot of it, so they resort to petty name calling and things like that.

Just view it as what it is, a sign of desperation.

You mean it ceased exclusively being a liberal paradigm that you guys could use endlessly and now get outdone on?

Wow the lefties softness has grown a full level or 2 overnight.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Nope. She was doing her job. Trying to take the microphone. He was instructed to and did not comply. Without consent. There is no consent. There is no private property. If anything he was in possession of government property and did not return it when asked. She was doing her job. In doing her job he pulled away the microphone and at the same time came in contact with her arm to a degree you can see in the videos, any of them, she loses balance. That was intentional and if you think not you do not know Mr Accosted....

He should not lose it for that though. He should for NOT being a reporter. He is a writer of opinion. He started by saying, to the POTUS, I challenge your statement. Really? You have balls big enough to try to call out the POTUS and at the same time make a 20-something staffer your aggressor? He did on CNN. Blamed her. This narcissistic douche needs to get a job as Baldwins side kick on his failing show.

I would be petty enough to press charges just to tie his dumb ass up in court for a bit....
edit on Novpm30pmf0000002018-11-08T22:04:46-06:001046 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Technically, it is a weak beta who got put in his place by POTUS on national television.

Acosta is a punk and he got made out as a punk on television. He's very lucky SS didn't get involved immediately...generally when someone gets violent in the company of POTUS they have a very, very bad night.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

a reply to: BlackJackal

his actions appear more violent by speeding up the rate of his movements

She was accosted.... 15 yard penalty on CNN for Unsportsmanlike Conduct and Acosta will be ejected from the game for flagrant taunting.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
He should have been banned from the day Trump took office. They should get rid of these pressers all together. Nothing ever comes out of them of any value. What did we learn from this exchange? Trump said it is an invasion. Jim said it is not. That's not even a question just a difference of opinion. He is giving an opinion, his own so it's not a real question.

And this ladies and gentlemen, is the problem.

This logic is dangerous.

Making the world your echo chamber filled with yes-men is dangerous for all of us. History shows us so, many times over.

And whether you're red or blue, this isn't an assault; don't be so utterly ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I don't sew so I have no need for yarn. I haven't lied about anything, I've simply pointed out your posting habits regardless of what thread it is.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Technically, it is a weak beta who got put in his place by POTUS on national television.

Acosta is a punk and he got made out as a punk on television. He's very lucky SS didn't get involved immediately...generally when someone gets violent in the company of POTUS they have a very, very bad night.

Trump is not an "alpha" (though that ridiculous concept belongs in 1954, with entirely insecure men).

He whines constantly and has a very petulant, aggressive and defensive nature. All very very weak character traits.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Of course the trumpets are okay with it. They are okay with anything trump does.

A bunch of trump sheep waiting to be hearded...

America is heading straight to idiocracy. Trump could have body slammed that reporter in "defense" of that woman and trumptards would cheer him on.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

He got so frustrated and annoyed when he was being asked simple questions. "They're invaders because they are invaders".

He coined that label for the caravan and can barely go into detail,

Yet you have morons who were so offended that lord trump has to take one to two minutes of questioning.

I can understand how hitler came to power now. All you need is a cult of personality. Nothing more.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

YEA TRUMP ALPHA chimp. CNN beta chimp get snack downed. WHY beta Question TRUMP the ALPHA Chimp???

Great.. is half the country now filled with unintellectual idiots like this?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Can we just all agree this whole thing is stupid? I'm sorry, but I thought Republicans were better than this. I hate Acosta and CNN, but this is not an assault. This is a simple reflex reaction by someone honed into his job. Trump was right about him being a rude terrible person. But c'mon people, assault? Just drop it.

Exactly this. For someone outside looking in, it is actually pretty f ing embarrassing looking at some of you (on both sides) trying to tie your knickers in a twist over this particualr incident. All sides come out of it looking bad.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join