It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a Theocratic party an Anti-science party? No, absolutely not, and here is why.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
So what would the main theocratic relgion be since there are so many sects of Christianity and they don't all necessarily agree on theology?

Would it be catholic, greek orthdox, quaker, baptisits, evengelical,methodist, snake handler fringe churches?

Would there be a theocratic authority maintaining some Christian theological orthodoxy?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Biblical. Nondenominational Christianity. But it would tolerate other faiths or lack there of. Actual legislative action would be taken for those who's sin negatively effects other people. #theocraticamerica
edit on 8-11-2018 by Theocracy4America because: Details

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Theocracy4America
but wicca is also a religion, and thus protected by our constitution.
but gee, once you get rid of, or start discriminating against those that aren't worshipping "God" according to your christian brand, just how long with it be before you start deciding which sect of christianity is right and discriminating against those who refuse to follow it?
there was something like 100 years of wars that engulfed europe before people decided that maybe, just maybe, they should just let people worship their god as they chose and ideas such as freedom of religion and separation of church and state started to grow and gain power.

I don't care how you cut it, a theocratic gov't would have, and use, the power to dictate what the people should be believing, and how they express that belief. have you ever sat down with a group of evangelical believers? I have, you will hear many debates such as...
is it proper to end a prayer with a "in the name of the father, son, and holy ghost?" or should it be "In the name of Jesus", should it matter???
should you be baptized at birth, or later in life when you are old enough to decide your own path?
and on, and on, and on and on!!! even to the point of telling women that if their husbands don't approve of them coming to church, they shouldn't be there!!!

so, what you will end up with a theocracy is a gov't telling you what to believe about all these things, plus more, maybe not recognizing your group is they don't conform, or even penalizing them in some form and you will not only be denying those who aren't believers but also fellow christians.
No thanks!!!

and, why should we even follow the bible?? I'm not living in the Middle East..

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Jesus is the only answer.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Jesus is the only answer.

When all you have is Jesus, every problem looks like a sin.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theocracy4America

originally posted by: narrator

Does your party have a website, a platform, etc., that we could take a look at to get a better idea of the whole concept? I mean, I understand the concept, I'd just like to take a more in-depth look at your party's beliefs on a variety of subjects, too many to list here.

Not because I want to join or anything (I've been agnostic for decades but I was raised in a strict Catholic family), but because I just want to better understand your positions.

The homepage for the party is:
www.theocraticamerica.org...

Democracy is nothing more than a fancy form of Mob Rule, in which the public opinion is held above what is right. It's time to take the power away from the government and the people, and hand this nation back to God. Repeal all US legislation and its constitution and replace it with God's laws as seen in his Word, creating a new nation which will look like ancient Israel.

I had a feeling from the start of this thread that it's just trolling, although very well done. I am now 100% sure of it after reading your page, created in 2018 and riddled with spelling errors.

The website seems created in haste, asks for cryptocurrency donations and is over the top fundamentalist. To the point that I imagine it's unpalatable even to extremists.

A very effective trolling attempt, account, web page and all. 10/10

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Genesis as true poetry, or Genesis as literal 7 day creation?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

I had a feeling from the start of this thread that it's just trolling, although very well done. I am now 100% sure of it after reading your page, created in 2018 and riddled with spelling errors.

I am glad some one else had this suspicion with extreme things like this it's sometimes hard to tell what is legit belief and what is a satirical parody.

Right now I'm leaning towards satirical parody but who knows maybe the OP is fully legit in their belief guess we got to wait and see.
edit on 8-11-2018 by SolAquarius because: words are difficult sometimes

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I thought maybe it was a high school kid wanting some help with a school report or something really.
The site is way over the top. ya, let's trade our constitution for biblical rule. but, who knows, maybe the christian right has gotten tired of playing with the republican party and want to set off on their own. ummm....na, doubt it!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I agree that faith and science are not mutually exclusive, and that minds and spirits consumed by interest in either thing, are not against or automatically distrustful of the other concept. I myself have faith, and also a deep interest in the function of our universe.

However, there has never been a theocracy on the face of this world, which upheld objective reality as an indicator of how to best formulate law, how to best approach policy, how to appropriately and rightly deal with crime, how to correctly and decently deal with the human habit of tribalism, how to prevent extremism within itself, how to ensure that there was no disadvantage for those who simply believe different things from a religious perspective, or simply do not accept faith.

Then you also have the following notion, and this is intensely important to me.

It is a savage treachery when a nation ostensibly run by and for its people, is run by people who do not care for them, do not consider the least of them as being of value, when those leading the nation are prepared to have their citizens starve, far more readily than see them fed and well maintained. It is bad enough when the government refuses to accept that it has a duty of care with regard to the health of its citizens, or when the government does things in the nations name that are not in its interests, beneficial only to the few, not the many. That is hard enough when it is only the name, the flag, and the citizens of a country who are having their honour and their reputation impugned by the evils committed by their leaders.

But imagine for a moment, that a nation such as the United States, took up a theocratic position, aligned with the oxymoronic Christian Conservative movement. There is no way that an organisation so aligned, would render any glory to God or Jesus in the outworking of its power, and we know this, because there have been more than enough years of power, flowing in and out of hands just such as that, in American history, both contemporary and in the further past. And what has been the result? Disenfranchisement, racism, a runaway situation in which Christian ethics and morals were abandoned almost entirely, while those who led swore blind that they were doing Gods work, where allegedly Christian people burned innocent folk alive for no real reason, where expediency led to murder and genocide, all bundled up in the eyes of the most zealous of the time, as doing their duty to their faith and their flag.

This can be seen in Roman history, in the history of the Middle East, anywhere, any nation in which the spiritual beliefs of the leaders, is permitted to inform policy, law and actions on the part of government, it results in not just a theocracy, but a tyranny, with a small few excusing awful behaviours, by claiming to the mindless masses, that the Bible supports their actions. What you are suggesting here, no matter your particular enjoyment of the sciences, no matter the fact that it is POSSIBLE to embrace science and faith on the individual level, IS a route map to a future which resembles a broken past, far more than it does a bright future.

In modern times, we see allegedly Christian groups spreading hate about people based on poor interpretations of the word of Christ, interpretations of his message as a whole, which permit savagery, despite the actual value in his life and word being the love and compassion he had for the humans around him, not the vile indulgence in phobia that is common amongst even moderate individuals in the conservative landscape. Be it those who have incorrectly read the Bible, and now preach a sort of prosperity based Christianity, or the Westboro types, or the people who operate the military in amoral ways, but claim to love Jesus, these people are anti-Christian in their every word and deed, and yet they would be the very people most versed and capable of gathering power in that theocratic future you are looking toward.

The reason I am certain of this, is that the worst scum always drifts upward. Where those of value are often so laden with goodness that they cannot move upward at all, the most hateful, dangerous and psychopathic people have a tendency to collect at the top of societies. Those negative character traits are what they rely on to get what they want, no matter what they may say to camera, their power is all that matters to them, and they will do what they have to in order to get it, no matter how ill omened, insane, or illegal. That is true regardless of faith, but if you throw faith into that mix, what you will get, without fail, on every occasion, is a society managed by the most evil people in it, who will do awful things in the name of that society and whatever ideals or principles inform its foundation.

There is no way that such a society could ever glorify God, or be erected in praise and thanks to and for Jesus, because such a society would be run in a manner which does not conform to his true message, of peace, love, a lack of judgement on Earth, a route to repentance and freedom from the weight of the sin we have inflicted upon ourselves, upon others. It would not be run in a positive manner, have effects which glorify God, because those who end up running things do so by way of behaviour which is about as Christian as a dinner party in the deepest pit of Hell. Every time you put a human hierarchy in place, which claims to be Christian, it becomes a dark parody of the ethics it claims to be founded on. Every time, without exception.

edit on 9-11-2018 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

yes theocracies are anti science - at thier core - is the answer

a theocracy MAY pay lip service to scientfic endevour - for for as log as it suits them and embrace science they feel " comfortable " with

BUT there will always come a point - when its the scieficfic explaination - or the theocratic one

thats when theocracies turn on you - and show thier true colours - which are always " god did it "

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Forget Theocracy lets try a technocracy.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

You suspect trolling due to spelling errors on a site which was created recently on a cellphone and admittedly rushed to completion? I assure you that I am serious, but honestly do not care if you believe me or not. All I care about is rather or not you believe the word of God as written in the Bible. I'd be happy to discuss this further with you.

Just a few people from history who, intelligent, not trolls, and well known bad spellers: Alfred Mosher Butts, William Faulkner, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, John Keats, John Irving, Jane Austen, Fannie Flagg, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Leonardo Da Vinci, Agatha Christie, John F. Kennedy Jr., W.B. Yeats, Benjamin Franklin. Feel free to look them up. (not sure if I spelled their names right though) By the way, two other well known people with known spelling errors are the prophet Isaiah who foretold the birth of Jesus Christ, and US president Andrew Jackson. Here is a humorous quote which was spoken by him in a moment of frustration caused by a spelling nazi who was unable to look past typographical issues and see the meaning of the text.

It is a d--- poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word. - Andrew Jackson

edit on 22-12-2018 by Theocrat because: spelling error

top topics

<< 1   >>

join