It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a Theocratic party an Anti-science party? No, absolutely not, and here is why.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
In recent history theocratic states have been fairly anti-science. When people think of theocracy they think of early astronomers being executed for crimes against the church or similar tales, because this is what is thought in schools. In reality many of today’s modern technologies were developed by Christians, and many forms of science come from early Islam. The reason a few theocrats have been weary of science is because their faith was weak. True science should discover the laws of the natural world, which God created.

Johannes Kepler said it best, “thinking God’s thoughts after Him. I was merely thinking God’s thoughts after Him. Since we astronomers are priests of the highest God in regard to the book of nature, it benefits us to be thoughtful, not of the glory of our minds, but rather, above all else, of the glory of God.”

Some of the science she American Theocratic Party is interested in include: nanotech, time dilation effects, faster than light travel, wormhole based travel and communications, and high power telescopes. If you can quickly send a telescope thousands of light-years away, and quickly reading a signal for it, you can watch the life of Christ or even the creation of the Earth. With nanotech you can take healing and education to the next level.

For these reasons, a theocratic America would support the sciences more than the current secular model does.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Theocracy4America

How is the Theocratic Party with evolution?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Can we scientifically figure out which of the many Gods would be the right one to lead us all before basing our society on worshiping it?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
God and State has to be kept seperate. Period.

Coming from a christian.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Evolution as Darwin showed in "Origin of Species", where a finch becomes other kinds of fences, projecting to all cats come from a base cat, and all dogs come from a wolf-like creature, all based on weeding out of weak genetic data through Natural Selection? This is the orchard of life and fully supported by the American Theocratic Party.

Molacules to Man and everything else? Single tree of life? Not so much, but you can believe anything you want.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I say why not. Most Christian evangelicals want this country to be ruled under their own form of sharia law, so let’s get to it. Enough with all the pussyfooting around.

At least be honest about wanting to turn America into a hell hole if that’s what you want.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Theocratic states and parties are anti-Free speech.
To be anti-free speech is to be anti-science.
Therefor theocratic states and parties are anti-science.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I’m also curious what you as a person who believes America should be a theocracy thinks about this:

A Republican state lawmaker has admitted that he wrote a manifesto for a holy war that calls for supporters of gay marriage to be murdered. Rep. Matt Shea, a pro-Trump Republican who represents the 4th district in the Washington state House of Representatives, on Wednesday admitted that he wrote four-page document, titled the “Biblical Basis for War.”

The manifesto outlines a plan for a Christian “holy army” to conduct a biblical war against non-believers, carrying out a “census of all able bodied males” aged 18 to 45.

Link

Do you agree with one of our honorable Republican lawmakers that a holy war should be waged against non-believers? Or do you have a gentler type of fascism in mind?

These are questions that have been floating around my mind while imagining the torture I might be subject to if you or our great Republican law makers have their way.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I’m also curious what you as a person who believes America should be a theocracy thinks about this:

A Republican state lawmaker has admitted that he wrote a manifesto for a holy war that calls for supporters of gay marriage to be murdered. Rep. Matt Shea, a pro-Trump Republican who represents the 4th district in the Washington state House of Representatives, on Wednesday admitted that he wrote four-page document, titled the “Biblical Basis for War.”

The manifesto outlines a plan for a Christian “holy army” to conduct a biblical war against non-believers, carrying out a “census of all able bodied males” aged 18 to 45.

Link

Do you agree with one of our honorable Republican lawmakers that a holy war should be waged against non-believers? Or do you have a gentler type of fascism in mind?

These are questions that have been floating around my mind while imagining the torture I might be subject to if you or our great Republican law makers have their way.

Of course I am against gay marriage, as is God, but this is a prime example of "Love the Sinner, Hate their Sin. Let me stress, we ALL sin, and all have areas of weekness. What straight man does not occasionally have the impure thought of a woman? This is the same to God, it is a sexual sin. Should we all be murderd for this? That is ware grace comes in.

Under a theocratic rule, we should forgive nonviolent offenders, and only go after those who take others freedom to believe. If you are an atheist or homosexual, that's fine, that's your are of weekness. Even living that lifestyle is not the governments buisnees, unless you are a church representative under a theocratic nation. We would say that this Republican is not acting as God would wish him to.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Of course I am against gay marriage, as is God,

Funny, as someone who believes in god I’m against people who claim to speak for god.

It’s good to know you don’t want to murder everyone who isn’t like you. A rare trait in the religious right these days.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Funny, as someone who believes in god I’m against people who claim to speak for god.

It’s good to know you don’t want to murder everyone who isn’t like you. A rare trait in the religious right these days.

I do not speek for God. I just read his word repeatedly. We would have the entire supream court referencing any new laws or cases against the Bible. Having one person claim to speak for God is a bad idea.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theocracy4America

I do not speek for God. I just read his word repeatedly. We would have the entire supream court referencing any new laws or cases against the Bible. Having one person claim to speak for God is a bad idea.

What about the part that says “thou shall not suffer a witch to live”? You know, the part that when interpreted literally by the courts of the time led to people being burned alive at the stake and tortured.

I don’t think a literal interpretation of the Bible as law has ever worked out, anywhere at any time without leading to mass repression and suffering. Thinking a book that has been changed by man countless times over the centuries is the explicit word of god is no better than looking to one man to interpret it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Every time I read one of your threads I always get this little shudder as I remember how many people like you are actually around. Thank # most of the religious insanity you post will never happen.

Your Christian theocracy would be just as much of a #hole as the other religious theocracies in existence today and as much of a #hole as the Christian theocracies of the past were.

I just don't understand how an adult can sit there and read the Bible or most religious texts really and honestly believe that # could happen or that god said all that. How can someone live in such a make believe fantasy bubble that they can choose to believe things that contradict things they can actually experience because some book written, rewritten, retranslated, recompiled and # only knows what, over the last couple thousand years says god said all this...nah trust us totally the word of god....yup...??

I'm not even going to bother going on about why a theocracy is a stupid idea. There's thousands of years of history showing that...

edit on 8/11/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

What about the part that says “thou shall not suffer a witch to live”? You know, the part that when interpreted literally by the courts of the time led to people being burned alive at the stake and tortured.

I don’t think a literal interpretation of the Bible as law has ever worked out, anywhere at any time without leading to mass repression and suffering. Thinking a book that has been changed by man countless times over the centuries is the explicit word of god is no better than looking to one man to interpret it.

The difference is of course now we have theF-MRI (created by a Christian) which can tell what is going on in a person's head. Of course we all know Witchcraft is real, and people of all kinds have taken part in it. If a person agrees to stop, and their Witchcraft did not hurt anyone but themselves, they can be let go on probation. If they used Witchcraft to harm someone and will not agree under MRI to stop, then they must be dealt with.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The difference is of course now we have theF-MRI (created by a Christian) which can tell what is going on in a person's head. Of course we all know Witchcraft is real, and people of all kinds have taken part in it. If a person agrees to stop, and their Witchcraft did not hurt anyone but themselves, they can be let go on probation. If they used Witchcraft to harm someone and will not agree under MRI to stop, then they must be dealt with.

So burn ‘em at the stake it is. For all the talk of not killing those that disagree with you, you have a funny way of going about it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Holy #....like this...witchcraft...real...

Show me some witches...I wanna see a real witch. I wanna see someone do some magic. # ya...come on where are the witches? And how do you use an MRI to find one?? Do MRIs.detect magic? Or can they see Satan inside a witch's head?

Can I see the difference between a witch's MRI scan and a non-witch??

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Does your party have a website, a platform, etc., that we could take a look at to get a better idea of the whole concept? I mean, I understand the concept, I'd just like to take a more in-depth look at your party's beliefs on a variety of subjects, too many to list here.

Not because I want to join or anything (I've been agnostic for decades but I was raised in a strict Catholic family), but because I just want to better understand your positions.

ETA: I'm not looking for propaganda, I want legit literature on the party. It's really interesting to me how people can possibly think that way (since I can't agree with it, I definitely don't understand it), and I'd honestly like to get a better picture of the mindset that it takes to believe these things.
edit on 8-11-2018 by narrator because: ETA

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

Does your party have a website, a platform, etc., that we could take a look at to get a better idea of the whole concept? I mean, I understand the concept, I'd just like to take a more in-depth look at your party's beliefs on a variety of subjects, too many to list here.

Not because I want to join or anything (I've been agnostic for decades but I was raised in a strict Catholic family), but because I just want to better understand your positions.

The homepage for the party is:
www.theocraticamerica.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

Thank you.

No problem.