It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's pick to be acting Attorney General does not qualify under the law

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
My bad indeed!

edit on 10-11-2018 by Bob350 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Justoneman

Nope, I'm a total leftist, Luciferian, ANTIFA-camping-outside-your-house type of guy. He caught me.

I may even kick his German Shepherd, Heinrich von Biteajew.

Hey I agree you are a Libertarian. I am only saying I lean more conservative than you doesn't make you a Fascist. You keep saying you are Luciferian and I am /s about it.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The MSM and Democrats in Congress are almost too confused to be angry today, because:

1.) Andrew Whitaker interviewed with White House attorneys to be an "Attack Dog" against Mueller, for President Trump.
theweek.com...

2.) Also, Rod Rosenstein endorses Whitaker as acting Attorney General, stating: "He's a SUPERB Choice".
thehill.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Hey I agree you are a Libertarian.

Nope, the other poster made it clear that 90% of the site knows I'm a commie pinko.

You keep saying you are Luciferian and I am /s about it.

It comes with the pizza parlor gig, you need to cater to your clients.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: luthier

a reply to: BlackJackal

If Trump were truly a very stable genius he'd ask the Judge to be Attorney General and get the Senate to confirm him.

Rumor is in my home state that our former governor, Fatty Boombah, may be in the running.

The only people as antiquated and dumb as sessions. Pamela Bondi, and Chris Christie, my lord even Lindsey Graham is better choice than those two. Be nice to have a libertarian like Napolitano who loves America and the constitution for a change of pace.

..maybe trump is looking into how to shut down some bridges when he can't get votes in Congress.
Pam Bondi is awesome.You just don’t like her because she opposed the ACA.

I dont like pam Bondi because of her authoritarian views on drug policy and criminal justice..

And wtf would make you think a libertarian is in favor of the current ACA?
edit on 11-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The "Federal vacancies act of 1989" seems to say otherwise.

"When a senior executive branch officer “dies, resigns, or is otherwise unable to perform the functions and duties of the office,” the statute authorizes the president to choose either that official’s “first assistant”; any other currently serving government officer who was confirmed by the Senate; or any senior official, who served in the same department as the vacant office for at least 90 of the previous 365 days “to perform the functions and duties of the vacant office temporarily in an acting capacity.”

Also 1898 US vs. Eaton

" the Supreme Court rejected the argument that only a principal officer confirmed by the Senate can temporarily fill the shoes of another principal officer. So long as an inferior officer is exercising the duties of the principal officer “for a limited time, and under special and temporary conditions,” the court said, he “is not thereby transformed into the superior and permanent official.”

Easy to find information if you take the time to look.

He may only hold the positon for 210 days, unless the President nominates someone before that deadline. Then he will remain acting AG until confirmation is completed.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleReamus

He could potentially serve longer because if his nominee is rejected by the Senate, the timer restarts, I believe. But again, this law has never been challenged, so it's not clear if it would be upheld. I don't think SCOTUS sees it in the next 210 days, so it's kinda moot. The VRA gives that power clearly. Until it gets struck, it's the law of the land.

I think he picked him as a bulldog, just so he gets his more palatable nominee easier and faster.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleReamus

The "Federal vacancies act of 1989" seems to say otherwise.

There is a 1998 act which supersedes that one. However, I'm not sure either one supersedes this one, specific to the office of Attorney General. It seems to provide a hierarchy (so does the 1998 vacancy act).

(a) In case of a vacancy in the office of Attorney General, or of his absence or disability, the Deputy Attorney General may exercise all the duties of that office, and for the purpose of section 3345 of title 5 the Deputy Attorney General is the first assistant to the Attorney General.
(b) When by reason of absence, disability, or vacancy in office, neither the Attorney General nor the Deputy Attorney General is available to exercise the duties of the office of Attorney General, the Associate Attorney General shall act as Attorney General. The Attorney General may designate the Solicitor General and the Assistant Attorneys General, in further order of succession, to act as Attorney General.
www.law.cornell.edu...

No doubt the appointment will go to court.
edit on 11/11/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

I think he picked him as a bulldog, just so he gets his more palatable nominee easier and faster.

I'm rooting for Ratcliffe. Until then, I hope Whitaker gives them hell. He's actually in perfect position. He knows it's temporary and I believes he wants it that way. He can throw a monkey-wrench in the deep state shenanigans, walk away with a big smile on his face while the crooked squirm, and know that any future runs for office are pretty much in the bag.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

We've already had an unchallenged change in that line of succession. The day Sessions resigned, it defaulted to Rod under the 1953 law. We've already seen a President assign an acting AG out of order from that line with VRA with no challenge from the Senate. What we haven't seen is someone off that list or a non-PAS assignment. The VRA itself has never been challenged. I think the argument that he/she should be a current PAS office holder has merit. On the other hand, Whitaker clearly meets the standard set out by VRA. So unless the SCOTUS would have to decide the AG law needs to supercede VRA in the instance of AG or find that the Senate does not have the Constitutional ability to willingly give away that power to the Executive under VRA. Again Eaton says, acting office holders need not come from primary offices.
There will definitely be a challenge. I don't think it will matter though, at least for Whitaker.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

So unless the SCOTUS would have to decide the AG law needs to supercede VRA in the instance of AG or find that the Senate does not have the Constitutional ability to willingly give away that power to the Executive under VRA.

Clarence Thomas has done some signalling in that regard. He, for one, seems skeptical.

Appointing principal officers under the FVRA, however, raises grave constitutional concerns because the Appointments Clause forbids the President to appoint principal officers without the advice and consent of the Senate.

www.supremecourt.gov...
edit on 11/11/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

We covered that in this thread or the other. That was over Obama's attempt to let his nominee serve as acting under VRA while unconfirmed. It's also odd because he cites Eaton in the same support which clearly says acting assignees don't have to be principal officers. It's not really apples to apples. Whitaker is not an appointment. He is legally an assignee. He has temporary assignment acting as AG that appears to fall under Eaton. Solomon was an appointment that the Obama administration tried to hand the reins over to under VRA prior to confirmation. He was disqualified from being the appointee by his assignment.

The assignment of Solomon using the VRA while making him the nominee is clearly prohibited by the same law (VRA), so it was sort of moot in that particular case.That's why it's sort of a vague mention as part of his response. In context, the appointment talk makes sense, but isn't the question at hand or directly applicable to Whitaker.

Like you, I suspect we'll get to see that fleshed out sometime next year.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

True.

But then Trump revokes the security clearances of any person even slightly involved and dismisses them from not being properly qualified.

Either way, the farce is already over.

Mist likely, Mueller is on ice pending Whittakers personal review.

And if they drug this on without finding evidence then about 60 traitors need to spend the rest of their natural lives in a black site with ALL the "fun" that entails

This isn't just criminal. It is treasonous. I support Trump's handling of this no matter where he decides to go with it

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

A simple refusal to answer would've sufficed. It must be of some significance otherwise it wouldn't be implemented.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ninetyxfourx

It's common knowledge that all Master Masons are 3rd degree, only conspiracy lovers care about asking us what degree we are.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Yes, don't be silly, ninetyxfourx. The lower levels are unwitting dupes or dues-paying "beards."

"The Blue Degrees are but the outer court or portico of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the Initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them; but it is intended that he shall imagine he understands them. Their true explication is reserved for the Adepts, the Princes of Masonry." ~ Albert Pike

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Here we go again.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

So it ends at the third degree? I wouldn't say it's "common knowledge". I could consult Google, but I would expect you to say that what I might read there is considered disinformative. But, hey, # me for asking.
edit on 11/11/2018 by ninetyxfourx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ninetyxfourx

This thread isn't about me or Masonry, there are plenty of threads in the Secret Society forum.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Butterfinger

Wow, a link to my profile. You are such a sleuth.

Maybe you want to take a look at when Dear Leader was calling the shots and what I had to say about that halfwit. But no, must be a leftist since I think Cheetolini is an asswipe too. Again, brohan, weak, weak, weak sauce.

You're doing a good job entertaining me with this though. Bravo.

Every person that clicked on that - it went back to their personal profile.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join