It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sit in Poop or miss your Flight!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Airline travel used to be nice because you basically needed to be rich to fly and the service levels reflected this reality.

Flying now is basically a glorified greyhound bus. While deregulation certainly lowered prices and made air travel ubiquitous and convenient, it also means lowering service standards so Joe Sixpack can fly across the the country for $150.00.

I stopped flying for any trip that I can drive within 7 hours. It simply isn't worth the headache between the TSA and spotty airline service.

edit on 8-11-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
What in the hell is wrong with people. The whole cabin would smell like dog crap. Not my job I’d rather smell it for hours then actually do something about it is their mentality. Disturbing.

a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

And to think in a small enclosed area with recirculating air? That HAS to be a health code violation! The think about smell is that you aren't actually smelling it, those are little airborne particles of poop floating in the air landing on your tongue! Just wonderful!

So these flight attendants would rather deal with that for 6+ hours than clean a little doggy poo? Maybe they would have gotten a promotion or raise?

Race to the bottom!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I blame 9/11 for the start of the BS when flying.

Be treated like a prisoner instead of paying customer.

I rather gas the ride up and take a road trip than ever fly, only time I fly is if time is the main issue.

Even then it still blows, holy # I hate DIA.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Ancient Anus

I would have thought that was a liquor or wine. Catchy name.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Be treated like a prisoner instead of paying customer.

I rather gas the ride up and take a road trip than ever fly, only time I fly is if time is the main issue.

Even then it still blows, holy # I hate DIA.

Yeah, prior to 9/11 and right after for two years, I was a frequent business travel (100k / Platinum) on most carriers. Basically, flying every week. I couldn't take it anymore after 9/11. The long security lines, etc.

United was always the worst. Only ever really had one issue with Delta in many years of traveling on them. Continental was always my favorite. The reality is that most of the legacy carriers suck though.

I recall flying in the late 70s/early 80s as a kid. It really was a different experience. People dressed up. Flight attendants were sexy. Got real food, even in coach. Even when I was flying first class in the 90s, it seems so much nicer than first today.

I really like flying Jet Blue now though. Plenty of legroom. Free entertainment and snacks.

link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

In that circumstance, if I did not have a pressing reason, I wouldn't fly. I would take pictures, and try to get contact numbers from passengers around the area.

If it was a pressing reason? Life-or-death, serious circumstances, severe consequences if I did not fly? Hell yes, I would fly. I've been through far worse in my life than having to sit in #.

link   
If they allow this to pass then imagine what is left behind by the cleaning crews. I'd like to send a crew into the and take bacteria samples off of seat coushins, arm rests, walls, windows, tray tables, etc. It would be interesting (probably damn scarry) to see how different airlines compare.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
If they allow this to pass then imagine what is left behind by the cleaning crews. I'd like to send a crew into the and take bacteria samples off of seat coushins, arm rests, walls, windows, tray tables, etc. It would be interesting (probably damn scarry) to see how different airlines compare.

Thanks for the imagery, I am going to be flying on Delta soon.

do you think they will let me bring a 3oz bottle of bleach

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Some of it. Actually a lot of it goes all the way back to the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978. Thanks, Jimmy Carter!
edit on 8-11-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Thanks for the imagery, I am going to be flying on Delta soon.

do you think they will let me bring a 3oz bottle of bleach

I'd just carry a contractor trash bag or two & some chlorox wet wipes. Cut the contractor bag open and cover the seat with it. If anyone asks have a printed out copy of the poop article for them, pass them around to the passengers, you'll make some friends. Maybe you could tell the stewardesses that you'll take free drinks for the flight and you'll keep them to yourself.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I'd just carry a contractor trash bag or two & some chlorox wet wipes.

Just use one of those ass gaskets you get in public restrooms.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Nope. There’s no way. I don’t fly without my emotional support rattlesnake either.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
EEEWWW. I would miss the flight myself. I wouldn't even think about sitting in that seat.

You would think that the airline would have someone clean that up before any passengers came aboard.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I did see someone get peed in the face on an airplane last year around this time. That was exhilarating.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I did see someone get peed in the face on an airplane last year around this time. That was exhilarating.

Ah, the holidays.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Were you looking in the mirror?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
For a start I would wait for the plane to get full, but not sit in the seat. Then when asked to sit and fasten my seatbelt for takeoff, I would refuse to sit down. Then very loudly I would ask the other passengers "who wants to sit in a seat covered in dog crap". Obviously no one would answer. Then I would make them drag me off the plane with the words "I'll see you in court". Instruct my lawyers to take "them" to the cleaners.
edit on 8-11-2018 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

edit on 8-11-2018 by Fowlerstoad because: My sense of humor is too sick and dark for this thread - best I delete

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
no way id sit there ... or next to it or 3 rows away why did the other passengers stay

let them fly a empty plane than watch how fast it gets cleaned

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
it's a territory issue. just pee on the poop, scratch at the ground a couple times, good to go?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join