It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama....Kinda starting to miss that guy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: underwerks

I’m still trying to figure out which status quo you’re talking about. The Bushx2, Trump, Reagan one of unfiltered greed and war or the progressive Obama one?

I dislike all the presidents you listed and think they are inherently similar.

Then what’s the argument about?

If you feel Trump is just as dirty as everyone else and no different than we are in agreement.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The left just can't leave well enough alone. Obama created a s--t hole that Trump is trying clean up.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: LSU2018

I've always missed Reagan. Now that we have Reagan v.2 in the White House, it's all good

I’m sure a lot of people miss the plane loads of blow that used to fall out of the sky at the behest of Ronald Reagan.

I heard a lot of people made a lot of money making it into crack in the 1980’s. Which probably explains a lot of the voting habits of people in this day and age.

Do you blame AIDS on Reagan and other white people, too, as a way to exterminate blacks?

I don’t know.

Did Reagan and Fox News commentator Ollie North make a plan to fly it in from Central America and distribute it to lower income communities as a way to get rid of what they thought of as “undesirables”?

Did the CIA at their direction go into these neighborhoods and teach people how to make super-AIDS they could then sell to each other?

Serious questions. There may be some overlap between how they brought crack to America and the AIDS explosion around the same time.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

come on, he was less divisive than Trump.

Obama started the race wars, the class wars, the war with Israel,
he started the great divide in America with his apology tour.

He started the health care divide, he created divide among home
owners with his bail outs, on and on. The man was a snake charmer,
so if you like the calm feeling of looking at a snake before it bites
you I am not sure that is sane thinking at all there my friend.

edit on 8-11-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Obama started the race wars

I always see this, but never understood it. What did Obama do that started race wars?

Besides being black and President, that is.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Trump speaks unscripted, Obama used talking points and teleprompters to steer conversation.

Trump has a more hostile media than Obama faced, Jim Acosta never would have acted that way infront of a liberal president.

Not to say that Trumps rhetoric helps him in any situation, but he never minces his words and I like that about a president, I expect them to be stern and not cower to anybody.

The president of the US is the most powerful person in the world and it seems half of America has forgotten that as they berate his every move even though he has done many positive things for the American economy.

If you look at the midterm polling people genuinely believe the spin that he's hurting America and alienating allies and he's going to bring you into world war three.

It's a shame... as an outsider who does not have a horse in your race the division in america started before trump, it happened around the Iraq War and it's being used as a tool to radicalize the base using the media, both sides are fueling the division and have been for awhile.

But the left are screaming the loudest at the moment, so realistically it's on trump to try get them to come across the aisle.

Trump wants to work on drug pricing and infrastructure, both things democrats want...

Democrats can look good ahead of this if they'll just work with the House/Senate/President on these two issues..

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Um... okay. What actually points of substance do you agree with. Please cite specific policies. Please exhibit an understanding of those policies. For example, "no more pre-existing" conditions is like saying you like the way a car drives based on it's seatbelts.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
No Thank you. I clearly do not miss the Muslim Brotherhood defender. And interventionist whom destroyed Libya.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: zGrimReapah

Trump has a more hostile media than Obama faced, Jim Acosta never would have acted that way infront of a liberal president.

You know what would stop the media from being hostile? If Trump wasn’t publicly hostile towards them.

Crazy idea that would never work, I know.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Obama was rarely protested (and if he was they rarely filmed it), was rarely hounded by the press, and rarely scrutinized. It’s a poor comparison.

A much better comparison would be between today’s press to the press during the Obama administration, but I doubt we’ll see that.

The only press that scrutinized him, for the things worth scrutinizing of course, was Fox News and he trained all liberals to hate Fox News and call them all racists. That's what happened when someone scrutinized Obama, and why the mainstream media ran from anything bad he did.

Obama would melt under the scrutiny Trump is under. Luckily for him celebrities and the press became his bootlickers.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Obama was the closest we've come to fascism IMO... Still not there, but the closest.

Yes but the programming made people believe that Trump is bad and hate all women, black people, LGBT and other minorities.

That's what happen to your brain when you watch the media.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Yes but the programming made people believe that Trump is bad and hate all women, black people, LGBT and other minorities.

What made me believe that is seeing Trump tap white nationalists like Bannon and Stephen Miller as advisors, and you know, his stripping of the rights for trans people to call themselves whatever they want. Oh, and let’s not forget trying to ban them from the military.

Not to mention the Nazis that love and adore him, and the fact that he never throws their votes away.

But hey, call his own actions “programming” if you want.

edit on 8-11-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Your butthole is showing

Needless to say, I think my definition of class differs from yours. I did not find Obama classy, I found him to be a condescending jackass and I do not miss him or his style of leadership in any way.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Here I thought folks had forgotten that.

...and wasn't even apologetic about it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Mmmm pretty sure the Guard and Reserves are military.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I've always missed Reagan. Now that we have Reagan v.2 in the White House, it's all good

I’m sure a lot of people miss the plane loads of blow that used to fall out of the sky at the behest of Ronald Reagan.

I heard a lot of people made a lot of money making it into crack in the 1980’s. Which probably explains a lot of the voting habits of people in this day and age.

Do you blame AIDS on Reagan and other white people, too, as a way to exterminate blacks?

Planned parenthood was and is. They still defend it to the death lol.

Oh they love that place. Wasn't the founder a huge racist? It's like these democrats have never bothered looking at their own skeletons before pointing their fingers at us.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

#1, who cares what the world thinks. #2, there are more people out there looking up to America and following our lead than laughing at us.

Yeah that’s not contradictory at all.

The best part of all this (for me at least) is watching you guys twist and turn yourselves into the best argument imaginable for the Democrats.

All one has to do is look at your arguments and more importantly how you argue to see how bankrupt your ideology is and how far removed you are from the things you claim to be fighting for.

You guys are the best advertisement for Democrats there is. And you don’t even realize it.

What part is contradictory? Or maybe you never looked up the meaning of that word.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I don’t know.

Did Reagan and Fox News commentator Ollie North make a plan to fly it in from Central America and distribute it to lower income communities as a way to get rid of what they thought of as “undesirables”?

Did the CIA at their direction go into these neighborhoods and teach people how to make super-AIDS they could then sell to each other?

Serious questions. There may be some overlap between how they brought crack to America and the AIDS explosion around the same time.

Undesirables? Hmmmm, I like it... The Deplorables vs. The Undesirables.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Don't get me wrong I am sure that Obama has at times not handled the press as well as he could have the but in general its quite obvious that Obama was just better at speaking than Trump, he had a much better and diplomatic style that was less confrontational and divisive.

Seems that Obama could not say a single point off the Teleprompter for his first 4 years and we are talking about a professional life long politician. Obama also had years of the media loving him, so hard questions were very few. In Acosta case the questions were answered and Acosta just started to bloviate and Trump didn't want to have any of that, and Acosta has had a number of wrong and awkward run-ins with Trump that was all instigated by Acosta. We are also talking about Trump having the media attack him even before day one in office, so Trump has been at odds with the media his whole time in office as they constantly attack him on everything, we are not talking about just hard questions here...just full frontal attacks. Now compare that to the media darling Obama's experiences and there is a big difference.

I would say in general, Trump speaks off the cuff better than Obama, Obama plays the politician better than Trump, and Obama owned the media as a rock star owns a concert crowd. Makes me wonder how Obama would perform if every time he was at a podium it was in front of a hostile crowd too.

edit on 8-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

a reply to: burntheships

Obama started the race wars

I always see this, but never understood it. What did Obama do that started race wars?

Besides being black and President, that is.

Talked about racism for 8 years, while Michelle always brought up slavery. Race relations reached a level unseen since the 60's and people are too ignorant to see that it was created by the Obama's and a LOT of help from the media. They (this includes you) think that race relations got bad because a black guy was elected as the president, not because that's all he ever talked about.

MIKE WALLACE: How are we going to get rid of racism until …?

MORGAN FREEMAN: Stop talking about it. I’m going to stop calling you a white man. And I’m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You’re not going to say, “I know this white guy named Mike Wallace.” Hear what I’m saying?

The problem with liberals is that they wanted to divide the country, which they did, and now blame it all on Trump. This is the same crap y'all did to Bush when the liberal Congress caused the country to go into a recession from 2007 to 2009. Blame Bush, win the election. Now y'all divide the country, blame trump, and try to win the next election.

How about winning an election on policies and reaching out to America? That's how Trump won, he reached out to America. Now all liberals can say is that he divided the country and turned people racist. Pretty stupid, and it came back to bite the left in their butt cheek.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join