It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama....Kinda starting to miss that guy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Mmmm pretty sure thats what the guard and reserves are for. Regular military is to go kill bad people and break their stuf....overseas.

a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Sadly, I've been shown that all it has done is make people want what we used to have, and that is politicians with perverted ideology and motives that do not include the interest of normal citizens.

So more of the same that Trump is? Or are you talking about a different perverted ideology?

Trump is the 1980’s rolled into a big orange taco. It’s like all the greed, viciousness, and petty demagoguery of that decade decided to manifest itself in a single screaming old man. And those guttural screams entranced half the population into believing in an era of prosperity that never existed. The 1980’s were crap, by all objective standards.

But hey, I guess the thing now is rehashing old franchises to try and make them current. It seems to be happening in politics as well as entertainment.

He's serving as a person to absorb all of the blame this country won't give to those who deserve it.

You're welcome to frame a reality where Trump is destroying the country, tis your right.

All I'm saying is Bush, Obama, Hillary... speaking of the latter "What difference does it make".

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

rump as we all know recently had a bit of a meltdown during a press conference over a journalist asking him a difficult question

God you guys are so stupid..........

What exactly was the hard hitting question asked that he hasnt answered a million times?

My god man.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Obama was rarely protested (and if he was they rarely filmed it), was rarely hounded by the press, and rarely scrutinized. It’s a poor comparison.

A much better comparison would be between today’s press to the press during the Obama administration, but I doubt we’ll see that.

The only press that scrutinized him, for the things worth scrutinizing of course, was Fox News and he trained all liberals to hate Fox News and call them all racists. That's what happened when someone scrutinized Obama, and why the mainstream media ran from anything bad he did.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I think that actually you probably quite fancy May.

Go on. You would, though, wouldn't you?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
The problem is Obama wasn't involved in myriad illegal 'business' opportunities, and wasn't friends with Russian gangsters.

Trump is.

So Trump gets asked a lot more difficult questions about things like, for example, where his money comes from, and why does he have so many Russian gangster friends.

If Obama had been sued so many times, had so many bankruptcies, had an ex wife who alleged she was raped by him, paid hookers to have sex with him while his wife was pregnant, ran a university scheme to defraud poor people, I'm pretty sure he'd have been asked some really difficult questions too.

What if his citizenship was questioned because he refused to release his real birth certificate? You know, something that would actually disqualify you.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Sadly, I've been shown that all it has done is make people want what we used to have, and that is politicians with perverted ideology and motives that do not include the interest of normal citizens.

So more of the same that Trump is? Or are you talking about a different perverted ideology?

Trump is the 1980’s rolled into a big orange taco. It’s like all the greed, viciousness, and petty demagoguery of that decade decided to manifest itself in a single screaming old man. And those guttural screams entranced half the population into believing in an era of prosperity that never existed. The 1980’s were crap, by all objective standards.

But hey, I guess the thing now is rehashing old franchises to try and make them current. It seems to be happening in politics as well as entertainment.

He's serving as a person to absorb all of the blame this country won't give to those who deserve it.

You're welcome to frame a reality where Trump is destroying the country, tis your right.

All I'm saying is Bush, Obama, Hillary... speaking of the latter "What difference does it make".

He’s not destroying this country, that’s giving him too much credit. It’s the people who follow him who are destroying this country. He’s just a talking head.

He’s even admitted on public record that the press isn’t the enemy of the people and that he says things like that just for the votes. He’s a shameless self promoter, and I don’t blame him for being a shameless self promoter, he’s made millions from lying before he ever sat in the Oval Office.

I blame it on the people who bought in to his marketing scheme like it’s reality. Just like I’d blame the people who bought a condo from him, didn’t bother to check it out themselves, then realized it’s missing about 100 square feet. Sheep are designed to be fleeced, that’s an old New York maxim that I’m sure he’s well acquainted with.

I guess I never realized how many people will willingly let themselves be hustled just to get a certain emotional response. A valuable lesson learned, nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I think ya just got an Obama boner it's cool a lot here have a Trump boner.

Maybe theres a group yall could join.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I think ya just got an Obama boner it's cool a lot here have a Trump boner.

Maybe theres a group yall could join.

LOL obamas boner. What a perv he was.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

#1, who cares what the world thinks.
#2, there are more people out there looking up to America and following our lead than laughing at us.
#3, you sound more salty with every post. I can't tell if you're trolling or if you really believe what you say.

Every civilized country that votes is voting against liberal policies because they're so destructive to a country. This means you, and that means everyone is laughing at you, not Trump.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

He’s not destroying this country, that’s giving him too much credit. It’s the people who follow him who are destroying this country. He’s just a talking head.

Kind of like how the left propped up Obama who essentially was a continuation of Bush policy, which both sides can agree is not conducive for the country.

He’s even admitted on public record that the press isn’t the enemy of the people and that he says things like that just for the votes. He’s a shameless self promoter, and I don’t blame him for being a shameless self promoter, he’s made millions from lying before he ever sat in the Oval Office.

Again, we can find parallels to Obama, only difference is he made money from sitting in the oval office.

I guess I never realized how many people will willingly let themselves be hustled just to get a certain emotional response. A valuable lesson learned, nonetheless.

Both sides are guilty of this.

The differences between Bush sr., Clinton, Bush jr, And Obama is the emotion they invoke in people, not the results of their policy.

Trump is a different flavor of the same food, so far as I see it.

No worse, no better.

But people will take this as a lesson to vote back the status quo who makes the country feel warm and fuzzy, rather than pushing further and demanding something better.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Not even with tour micropenis.

a reply to: oldcarpy

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I've always missed Reagan. Now that we have Reagan v.2 in the White House, it's all good

I’m sure a lot of people miss the plane loads of blow that used to fall out of the sky at the behest of Ronald Reagan.

I heard a lot of people made a lot of money making it into crack in the 1980’s. Which probably explains a lot of the voting habits of people in this day and age.

Do you blame AIDS on Reagan and other white people, too, as a way to exterminate blacks?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Obama....Kinda starting to miss that guy

I miss that guy like my ex wife.

edit on 8-11-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I've always missed Reagan. Now that we have Reagan v.2 in the White House, it's all good

I’m sure a lot of people miss the plane loads of blow that used to fall out of the sky at the behest of Ronald Reagan.

I heard a lot of people made a lot of money making it into crack in the 1980’s. Which probably explains a lot of the voting habits of people in this day and age.

Do you blame AIDS on Reagan and other white people, too, as a way to exterminate blacks?

Planned parenthood was and is. They still defend it to the death lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

#1, who cares what the world thinks. #2, there are more people out there looking up to America and following our lead than laughing at us.

Yeah that’s not contradictory at all.

The best part of all this (for me at least) is watching you guys twist and turn yourselves into the best argument imaginable for the Democrats.

All one has to do is look at your arguments and more importantly how you argue to see how bankrupt your ideology is and how far removed you are from the things you claim to be fighting for.

You guys are the best advertisement for Democrats there is. And you don’t even realize it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

All one has to do is look at your arguments and more importantly how you argue to see how bankrupt your ideology is and how far removed you are from the things you claim to be fighting for.

You guys are the best advertisement for Democrats there is. And you don’t even realize it.

What part of Obama's presidency embodied the values of Democrats?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

But people will take this as a lesson to vote back the status quo who makes the country feel warm and fuzzy, rather than pushing further and demanding something better.

I’m still trying to figure out which status quo you’re talking about. The Bushx2, Trump, Reagan one of unfiltered greed and war or the progressive Obama one?

It seems a lot of people here voted for Trump based on the warm and fuzzy image of dominance he campaigned on. I mean, campaigns on. The man hasn’t stopped campaigning for two years.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I’m still trying to figure out which status quo you’re talking about. The Bushx2, Trump, Reagan one of unfiltered greed and war or the progressive Obama one?

I dislike all the presidents you listed and think they are inherently similar.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

What part of Obama's presidency embodied the values of Democrats?

I couldn’t tell you what the values of the Democrats are. Personally, I liked that Obama called out police officers. And tried to make a system of healthcare for all.

I agree with some things Obama did, but I could never support him because of his use of the drone program.

I realize a lot of people think it’s ok to support a politician for one reason and then turn a blind eye to everything else they do but I can’t in good conscience do that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join