It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama....Kinda starting to miss that guy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So Obamas atrocities are okay because he was good at the illusion of honest communication?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Makes me almost miss Obama and his way of communicating his thoughts and feelings on issues.

I’d settle for someone who could just communicate their thoughts and feelings on issues. Anyone.

I just feel bad for Trump at this point. He’s clearly suffering from mental issues and no one is addressing it. He could collapse foaming at the mouth in a fit of rage during a press conference and Sarah Huckabee Sanders would be talking about how great it is to have a passionate President.

These people are vampires.

America settled for someone that could get things done. Lovely rhetorical flourishes are fine... but I frankly don't give a f*** about the CIC's "feelings"... he's hired to do a damn job.

Obama couldn't get it done... they blow billions of dollars on infrastructure projects to boost the economy, and the best HE can do is crack a joke about "Well, I guess those shovel ready jobs weren't so shovel ready... ha ha ha ha."

ACA was a bailout scheme for insurance companies, cash for clunkers was a bailout scheme for failed car companies and "Quantitative Easing" was a bailout scheme for "too big to fail" banks. None of those things actually produced anything, other than debt.

In liberal journalist Chris Hedges words, "Barack Obama is the black mascot of the Corporate State. He is a brand sold to America by a slick media operation."

His JOB was to fundamentally change America... in that, he did a pretty good job. American productivity, wages, and economic well being metrics were steadily heading south. (Only fair to say, Clinton and Bush were also part of that)
edit on 8-11-2018 by dasman888 because: Zombie pill bugs

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

So Obamas atrocities are okay because he was good at the illusion of honest communication?

I just want someone in office who can communicate their ideas on policy. Instead of constantly attacking everyone.

But I know expecting Trump to be the adult in the room is asking too much from this administration. It’s almost like he’s never been questioned or held to any type of standard throughout his entire life..

The rest of the world is laughing at us. And rightly so. Because to not laugh would force a person to accept the grim-meathook reality of the giant toddler everyone here has elevated to the status of a deity.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

In liberal journalist Chris Hedges words, "Barack Obama is the black mascot of the Corporate State. He is a brand sold to America by a slick media operation."

Chris Hedges and Jeremy Scahill are two journalists I truly admire, respect, and trust. All of that while I don't agree with their ideology. They are honest, and convicted in their beliefs, and they do not waiver.

Here is a link to the podcast they put out on Wednesday.

They talk about many uncomfortable subjects, and if you can get past the buzzwords, it's a phenomenal listen at about 45~ minutes before the show goes into different topics.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

America settled for someone that could get things done.

And in return got someone who just talks about things they’ve done, while never actually doing any of the things they talk about.

But hey, all that matters is thinking things are getting better, right? Never mind the flames.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

As you can see, YES is the answer to that. In all fairness though, most people who love Obama know nothing about how math and monetary policy, and math and policy, are relevant to assessing how effective policy actually is. Most folks don't want to ACTUALLY know what is going on... they want someone to make them feel good about what is going on.

The house might be coming apart at the seams... so long as they feel okay about what is going on... they don't really want to know how things work. "It's too convoluted" which is exactly what the players and media WANT people to think.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Right way let me make a couple of points, I know that a lot of people will read the title, see the Alien in the suit and just jump with assumptions without bothering to read this OP. Others will accuse me of just being a "Obama guy" but I will point out that I did write several threads calling him out back in the day and a few of you might just get the point.

The point is this.

Trump as we all know recently had a bit of a meltdown during a press conference over a journalist asking him a difficult question. I don't really want to get into that, its been debated and discussed quite a bit. Although it reminded me of a similar instance where Obama was faced with a journalist who also asked a controversial question and how Obama shut the guy down.

As you can see, its handled much better.

So then I got thinking about how Obama handled things in general, say hecklers during speeches and campaign rallies.

so the above is a 12 minute video that shows off Obama dealing with hecklers then Trump dealing with hecklers and the differences is really interesting. Several times Obama actually invites the hecklers to speak with him after or asks the individual(s) to stay, Trump tells his supporters to beat the crap out of the guy and that he will pay the legal fees.

One style is very diplomatic and some might say presidential the other is aggressive and boarding on violent.

This got me locking through a few other videos that I won't bore anyone with but when you compare the personal style (yes I know there is much more to politics than personal style) there is no denying that Obama is outclassing Trump. Makes me almost miss Obama and his way of communicating his thoughts and feelings on issues.

Just a interesting comparison.

I've always missed Reagan. Now that we have Reagan v.2 in the White House, it's all good. I'm sure a lot of people miss Obama, but he wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't like anything he had to offer, I hate his healthcare he forced on me, I hated how he blamed the last guy for everything bad and took credit for everything good, and I hate how he let Bush's tax cuts expire.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Knapperdude
Bush shredded the constitution, Obama wiped his ass with what was left.

And then Trump crapped out the rest....

You "seem" to "think" you "know" a lot on US politics
Give one example in which Trump has violated ANY portion of the Constitution
Remember , the Magna Carta is not the US Constitution
(Just in case you forgot , that changed in 1776)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I almost celebrated how blatant Trump is as it may wake up Americans.

I thought, if he is a literal representation of everything that is wrong, maybe people will wake up.

Maybe through his actions and speech, that don't have the refined veil his predecessors had, perhaps he can serve as a vehicle of introspection for our nation to dig deep down to find the root of our problems, and how we have arrived to where we are at.

Sadly, I've been shown that all it has done is make people want what we used to have, and that is politicians with perverted ideology and motives that do not include the interest of normal citizens.

We're no different than frogs in a pot of water, and we'll be dead before we know it's boiling.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Obama sucked.

He was a racist community organizer who wanted to socialize everything.

Glad he's gone.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I've always missed Reagan. Now that we have Reagan v.2 in the White House, it's all good

I’m sure a lot of people miss the plane loads of blow that used to fall out of the sky at the behest of Ronald Reagan.

I heard a lot of people made a lot of money making it into crack in the 1980’s. Which probably explains a lot of the voting habits of people in this day and age.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Obama is like a hot girlfriend.
Fun to look at, but when you get deep into the relationship you figure out she dumb as a box of rocks.

To me, he was more like that snobby chick that didn't look good enough to be snobby.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Don't get me wrong I am sure that Obama has at times not handled the press as well as he could have the but in general its quite obvious that Obama was just better at speaking than Trump, he had a much better and diplomatic style that was less confrontational and divisive.

Yeah?

"WE won the election, John, get over it."

Did you ever hear him speak without his teleprompter? One of Trump's biggest assets when he first entered the scene is that he didn't need a teleprompter.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...he had a much better and diplomatic style that was less confrontational and divisive.

He was a divisive twat, just like Trump is a divisive twat.

come on, he was less divisive than Trump.

a twat (is that ok under T&C) sure but he wasn't as big of a twat as Trump in my opinion, you hold a different opinion then fair enough.

Trump only goes after those who attack him. What would you do? You can either sit back and take it like Bush II did, or you can push back.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I miss Tony Blair compared to that spineless, unelected transvestite in your home state. Im surprised your bosses in bruxxles allowed that. Or maybe they orchestrated it? Hmmmmm.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

That's transphobic or something, that is!

And for the umpteenth time, we do not elect our PM's.

You miss Tony Blair? Oh dear.......

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yeah I miss him ,as he rolled over and went to bed and let Americans and others die in Benghazi ......NOT !....I hope karma gets him .

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Exactly...brussels elects your leader....obey!

The only trans phobia I have is fear of getting stabbed on a London bus.

And yeah....Cheri and the queen despised one another. I thought that funny.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No but the attempting to silence media he disagrees with is.

Also interesting to note that you don't say anything about his attempts at deploying troops on US Soil...

That's the point of our military, protecting us.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Sadly, I've been shown that all it has done is make people want what we used to have, and that is politicians with perverted ideology and motives that do not include the interest of normal citizens.

So more of the same that Trump is? Or are you talking about a different perverted ideology?

Trump is the 1980’s rolled into a big orange taco. It’s like all the greed, viciousness, and petty demagoguery of that decade decided to manifest itself in a single screaming old man. And those guttural screams entranced half the population into believing in an era of prosperity that never existed. The 1980’s were crap, by all objective standards.

But hey, I guess the thing now is rehashing old franchises to try and make them current. It seems to be happening in politics as well as entertainment.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join