It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama....Kinda starting to miss that guy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Well he is trying to shut up reporters who ask questions he doesn't like and I seem to recall him trying to deploy the military on US soil....

Telling a reporter to basically STFU is not violating the Constitution.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No but the attempting to silence media he disagrees with is.

Also interesting to note that you don't say anything about his attempts at deploying troops on US Soil...

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well he is trying to shut up reporters who ask questions he doesn't like and I seem to recall him trying to deploy the military on US soil....

Telling a reporter to basically STFU is not violating the Constitution.

Inversely it's protected by it.

Until someone turns hurting feelings into terrorism, and the bolstered patriot act puts you in prison indefinitely, while they hand the judge secret evidence the jury isn't allowed to see.
edit on 8-11-2018 by CriticalStinker because: I can't spell, I'm probably an idiot, lets be honest.

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Who's admin was it made legal for the government to peddle propaganda to the American public again?

Who is Turd Ferguson?

It is a joy to see a true master at work.

edit on 8/11/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I do think Obama was quite articulate and had great abilities with communication. I admit Trump can be coarse. I don't know why everyone gets so hung up on personality, etiquette and an ability to BS. I don't need a liar that speaks to me with a sweet tongue. Actions speak louder than words....principles before personalities.... remember the" change" thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
"uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh I uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh made uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh progress uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh on uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh the uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh"

And so on.

Plus

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME....I did that! I built them roads, uh uh, you didn't build them roads, uh uh, it was ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME.

Total genius.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm not.

The man was a relentless warmonger who started numerous wars in the middle east. Particularly going out of his way to topple secular governments in Egypt, Libya and Syria at the behest of the Saudis. Thankfully this failed miserably in Syria and Egypt despite his best efforts. He destroyed relations with Russia and all but started a new Cold War with China. What a disaster of a president.

All messes he dragged the UK into as well.

link   

Is that what he did?
really?
I would submit the white house press team revoked access from a single reporter.
Acosta was on cnn later the same day reporting the events from his perspective.
So how exactly was he silenced?

I would submit you do not understand the press pool process.

link   

No it isn't. They still can say, do and print what they want.

Also interesting to note that you don't say anything about his attempts at deploying troops on US Soil...

Sadly in 2005 the Posse Comitatus Act was greatly expanded so this is also not un-Constitutional if the order is worded properly.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

With words? As apposed to what? Tapping them to find out their sources, imprisoning the source making whistle blowers afraid to talk to journalists?

This is far from the first time that's been done and won't be the last.

I'm kind of butt hurt you've framed a conversation where I have to defend Trump today.

That said, your only argument is Trump has time to be worse than Obama. So I'd start rolling with that rather than grabbing a bigger shovel each time we throw out some facts.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sadly in 2005 the Posse Comitatus Act was greatly expanded so this is also not un-Constitutional if the order is worded properly.

Expanded by Obama in the 2012 NDAA act.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Obama was rarely protested (and if he was they rarely filmed it), was rarely hounded by the press, and rarely scrutinized. It’s a poor comparison.

A much better comparison would be between today’s press to the press during the Obama administration, but I doubt we’ll see that.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Solely on presentation... Obama was certainly a "smoother talker". But his speech had no meat on it. It was almost all rhetorical device and emotive dog whistle to his fans.

Trump is far more crude... but he understands how to use language to connect with peoples conscious and unconscious minds better. Yes, he is an economic nationalist, and something of a populist. He is proposing a more "fortress America" idea of America's place in the world, and in a post industrial America that has been ravaged by globalism and unfair trade practices, he connects with the devastated working class folks far better than Obama did.

Obama's speech was more geared towards folks who were more inclined to perceive themselves as victims who needed help, and maybe a hand up from government.

Trump's speech is geared more towards folks who want to work to solve their own problems, but really want a good job, not a hand out.

Probably only fair to mention... I voted for Obama in his first term.

I realized I had been duped before he was sworn in for the first term. He picked Timothy Geithner as Sec of Treasury. The fix was clearly in... I KNEW who Geithner was, and what he had been up to at the N.Y. Fed, ground zero for all the transnational money laundering operations in North, Central and South America.

As SOON as I saw that, I knew the nation was going to be f****d by the bankers, and all the criminals that did financial crimes and bad bets were going to get a pass for their crimes. Well, except for Bernie Madoff. He ripped off billionaires... and we sure can't have THAT.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Yeah I can kind of agree with that, my only point is that Obama was better when it came to his public speaking and conveying his message and thoughts.

Propaganda is propaganda no matter how eloquent or articulate the delivery.

Who's admin was it made legal for the government to peddle propaganda to the American public again?

That would be POTUS Obama, of course.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Obama was a conman. He couldn't speak without a teleprompter and what he did say was nothing more than lip service to appease his supporters. The guy was a fraud. F Obama!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The problem is Obama wasn't involved in myriad illegal 'business' opportunities, and wasn't friends with Russian gangsters.

Trump is.

So Trump gets asked a lot more difficult questions about things like, for example, where his money comes from, and why does he have so many Russian gangster friends.

If Obama had been sued so many times, had so many bankruptcies, had an ex wife who alleged she was raped by him, paid hookers to have sex with him while his wife was pregnant, ran a university scheme to defraud poor people, I'm pretty sure he'd have been asked some really difficult questions too.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

" Obama is like a hot girlfriend."

What an analogy! I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.......thanks!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

You can sum up that whole post to Trump has allegedly skated through legalities, which reflects on a justice system that needs examining. Fair enough.

I would say though that Obama is one of the single most devistating things to impact our "justice" system as we have it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Makes me almost miss Obama and his way of communicating his thoughts and feelings on issues.

I’d settle for someone who could just communicate their thoughts and feelings on issues. Anyone.

I just feel bad for Trump at this point. He’s clearly suffering from mental issues and no one is addressing it. He could collapse foaming at the mouth in a fit of rage during a press conference and Sarah Huckabee Sanders would be talking about how great it is to have a passionate President.

These people are vampires.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

a reply to: dasman888

Can you point out specifically where Trump has violated the U.S. Constitution?

He sometimes is brash with reporters, Jim Acosta can hardly be called a "reporter", unless his opinions are somehow news. Acosta essentially manhandled a WH intern. He would have gotten away with his bloviation if he had not arm hammered that woman.

There's nothing wrong with deploying military on U.S. soil... Obama did it, in fact he did the same thing, sending 1200 Guardsmen to the border.

Posse Comitatus is about using military as Law Enforcement in peacetime. That is prohibited. They are pretty good at erecting temporary barriers and logistics though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join