It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama....Kinda starting to miss that guy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
come on, he was less divisive than Trump.

He was just as good at dog whistling as Cheetolini and as someone in the middle I despised him as much as the new guy.

Yeah I can kind of agree with that, my only point is that Obama was better when it came to his public speaking and conveying his message and thoughts.

link   

...he had a much better and diplomatic style that was less confrontational and divisive.

He was a divisive twat, just like Trump is a divisive twat.

come on, he was less divisive than Trump.

a twat (is that ok under T&C) sure but he wasn't as big of a twat as Trump in my opinion, you hold a different opinion then fair enough.

Trump is a symptom, not the cause of everything wrong with America right now.

When everyone made lists of what made Bush so bad, Obama said hold my beer.

Funny thing is, most people are blinded to those truths, because Obama speaks so well and makes people feel good inside. So props to him for that.

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You could write "tw@t" and claim you meant "twit"?

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

in general its quite obvious that Obama was just better at speaking than Trump

I disagree.
obama read a teleprompter better perhaps
trump is far more wittier and quicker with a quip

Actually in both the videos I posted Obama was actually just responding off the cuff to comments and questions directed at him.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I miss him whistling his S's.

That was probably his most annoying foible.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Knapperdude
Bush shredded the constitution, Obama wiped his ass with what was left.

And then Trump crapped out the rest....

I'm not a big fan of Trump, but he isn't holding a flame yet to Obama in regards to negating the very essential parts of the constitution that protects Americans.

With everyone comparing Trump to fascists, I sat down and reflected as objectively as I can, Obama was the closest we've come to fascism IMO... Still not there, but the closest.

link   
He was quite the orator...

The Drone killings, assassination of American citizens and their kids without due process or evidence, and Central American style "disappearings" aka "indefinite detentions" under the 2012 NDAA are a bit less admirable.

Also the fact that the FBI/DOJ/CIA were weaponized and used to cover up crimes of a candidate for POTUS, and frame the opposing candidate for those same crimes shows just how close to the edge we went under Obama.

Maybe you can get Obama and family to move to the U.K. and give speeches!

link   

edit on 8/11/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

link   

So in other words, you miss the PC cookie-cutter that tells you what you want to hear to your face, but behind closed doors can flip 180 and be a totally different person.

As long as the optics are good, who cares about authenticity and transparency, right?

link   

Yeah I can kind of agree with that, my only point is that Obama was better when it came to his public speaking and conveying his message and thoughts.

Propaganda is propaganda no matter how eloquent or articulate the delivery.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Would that be the public face private face campaign promise hillary ran and lost on?

link   
a reply to: dasman888

I agree I wrote several times about his use of the drone program and my opposition of it.

This thread though isn't really about that, its more about how the two men present themselves.

link   

Propaganda is propaganda no matter how eloquent or articulate the delivery.

Who's admin was it made legal for the government to peddle propaganda to the American public again?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I agree I wrote several times about his use of the drone program and my opposition of it.

This thread though isn't really about that, its more about how the two men present themselves.

The fact that people in this world are more concerned about how politicians present themselves rather than the ramifications of their policy is what is wrong right now.

Admit it, people want someone to be able to make them feel good, and convince them everything will be OK.... Everything else is eh.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
A wolf is still a wolf even if it’s dressed as a sheep. That’s what Obama was.

He was leading the sheep to the slaughter without them even knowing and the charade is on going right or left.

Trump is Trump he is what he is he’s a product of 80s New York culture. Big brash and say what he wants and expects to win.

edit on 8-11-2018 by Brit-Tex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Did he?

Can you point out specifically where Trump has violated the U.S. Constitution?

I hear protestors rant and chant about Trump breaking the law... but they always fail to point out how that is so. Maybe you can put some meat on those bones for me. I am a Constitutionalist... and I will admit Trump sometimes says things that I think if he DID them would be problematic... but as of yet, I haven't seen anything I would suggest is against the law.

Can you?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Who's admin was it made legal for the government to peddle propaganda to the American public again?

Who is Turd Ferguson?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Not sure, but I'm sure her real, real face is green and has scales. But don't quote me on this.

link   

Well he is trying to shut up reporters who ask questions he doesn't like and I seem to recall him trying to deploy the military on US soil....

link   

originally posted by: dasman888

Did he?

I hear protestors rant and chant about Trump breaking the law... but they always fail to point out how that is so. Maybe you can put some meat on those bones for me. I am a Constitutionalist... and I will admit Trump sometimes says things that I think if he DID them would be problematic... but as of yet, I haven't seen anything I would suggest is against the law.

Can you?

Oh... given the f*****g surveillance state... I might add, "That Bush and Obama haven't already done... "

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join