It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Ginsburg Hospitalized After Fall

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That was my understanding. I wasn't there, of course, so I could have heard incorrectly.

Sometimes it takes a while for the extent of injuries in a fall to become apparent. The first time my mother fell, in a ditch of cold running water, we got her inside and dried off before we realized that she had severely fractured her shoulder. Even when we called the ambulance for her, we didn't think it was broken... it was only en route to the hospital that the pain set in for real. Those adrenal glands can out out some serious painkillers when they kick in.

Figure at least 30 minutes in the ditch before we were alerted, another 15 minimum to get her up and inside, a good 30 more to get her dried off and warmed up, then 15 for the ambulance to arrive... that's a minimum of an hour and a half before she realized she had a broken shoulder.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I would imagine that is exactly why they are keeping her for observation. IDK how these things go but to my untrained mind it sounds fairly normal.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
They'll probably give her the Hawking treatment, pump her full of formaldehyde and type what they wanna say into her computer.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

That's all very true, but there will come a point where even staff can't help her enough. She has to be able to sit up. It sounds strange to those of us who have our faculties, but there comes a time when just sitting upright is too much. Mom eventually got to that point... she had to have stacks of pillows in her chair to not just slowly collapse into a position that would have hurt her. Still, I can't count the times I had to lift her back to a sitting position.

I'm also wondering after reading your post... where were her assistants when she fell? Was there no one there to watch her? Seems like that would be required with her recent medical history.

I know she claims to be in good physical shape, but every move she makes screams the opposite to me. The woman needs 24-hour assistance.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Yeah, it's fairly normal. I really wouldn't read much into the hospital wanting to keep her under observation for a while.

If something more serious is found, I am sure we'll hear about it. Trump has the Senate for two more years. She can't last that long if there's a serious problem. No reason to extend the poor woman's agony over a losing battle. I pray even the DNC is not that cruel.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You can fall with supervision. Happens all the time. Particularly if they are too proud to accept help doing simple things like transitioning from bed or sitting or the bathroom, etc. Simple fall can be pretty devastating, too, as Jin related in his sad tale.

But until we have details, who knows what's what. We just have to let it play out.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

She'll be OK. I imagine that she will serve into her 90s barring death. She broke ribs which is awful and agonizing, but that's not the beginning of the end. My observation of old folks throughout my life is that when they sustain a major injury to their hips it is the beginning of a rather quick spiral down. I've seen old folks recover from all kinds of other things including fractured ribs.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

At her age, it's always serious when a bone is broken/fractured. Pneumonia is not uncommon after such events, and that's as serious as it gets for someone in good health at her age...and I don't think her health is all that great at the moment.

She should resign for her health's sake, but she has a passion that is unmistakable--whether I agree with it or not--and that I can respect.

After the turn of the new year, I expect that she'll resign.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

That's true enough, but age catches up with all of us, eventually.

She's earned her rest, the Supreme court gig can't be an easy one. Good luck to the person who tries to convince her of that, though...I suspect fireworks would ensue.

I suspect she may retire. I think Thomas won't be far behind, plus one other, whose name escapes me at the moment... Could be a busy year in the Senate judiciary committee meeting room.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Exactly.

I've nothing but respect for the tough ol' girl. At this point, her politics don't matter, they really didn't before, as she was only one of nine, and not a swing vote on any issue that I can remember. You could, and can, be fairly sure where she'd stand on an issue.

Wasn't she the Supreme that ruled on the Florida recount against Gore, back in the day? I seem to recall that...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Why is it odd?

She's trying to hold on 'til the Dems get the Senate--that wave thing...--and that didn't happen. She may have gone out of remission, assuming there's any truth to that, a while ago, which would explain much. But was trying to hold on, but the Senate results may have spurred her to make a decision.

IDK, I'm just blue skying.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You're not alone in that.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Well hope she gets better but if she has to retire I can already hear demos crying we need to let next justice be picked by next potus not that that would work but it is what they would cry. I do believe the next justice nominee should be a lady tho.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
www.krmg.com...

Update 9:30 a.m. EST Nov. 9: Ginsburg’s nephew, Daniel Stiepleman, said Thursday night that his aunt was recovering, according to Reuters. “The last I heard, she was up and working -- of course, because what else would she be doing? -- and cracking jokes,” Stiepleman said at the premiere of the film “On the Basis of Sex,” a movie about Ginsburg’s life. “I can’t promise they were good jokes, but they were jokes.” Ginsburg was hospitalized one day after she fell in her office at the Supreme Court, officials said. Tests done at George Washington University Hospital showed she had three fractured ribs and doctors admitted her to the hospital for observation. The Supreme Court is scheduled to hear its next arguments on Nov. 26.
seems shes out of the hospital according to her nephew cracking jokes and "back to work"

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

While I can disagree with her a lot on policies and judicial decisions, you have to respect her will to fight. She has lawclerks hired until 2020, so barring any more medical issues, she'll stay at least until the 2020 Election and I'm sure she's hoping Trump loses. If he wins again, expect her to keep on going till 2024. She's a fighter.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
www.krmg.com...

Update 9:30 a.m. EST Nov. 9: Ginsburg’s nephew, Daniel Stiepleman, said Thursday night that his aunt was recovering, according to Reuters. “The last I heard, she was up and working -- of course, because what else would she be doing? -- and cracking jokes,” Stiepleman said at the premiere of the film “On the Basis of Sex,” a movie about Ginsburg’s life. “I can’t promise they were good jokes, but they were jokes.” Ginsburg was hospitalized one day after she fell in her office at the Supreme Court, officials said. Tests done at George Washington University Hospital showed she had three fractured ribs and doctors admitted her to the hospital for observation. The Supreme Court is scheduled to hear its next arguments on Nov. 26.
seems shes out of the hospital according to her nephew cracking jokes and "back to work"

Doesn't say she's out of the hospital.
She could just be looking at briefs in her hospital bed.
edit on 9-11-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Why would she be looking at men's underwear in the hospital?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why would she be looking at men's underwear in the hospital?

Someone brought her in the new Jockey catalogue along with her mail.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
She´s so committed, even during her fall she opted for the left side....

Dan dan dun....

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
She´s so committed, even during her fall she opted for the left side....

Dan dan dun....

It wasn't a conscious choice. She just leans left!

(I feel alright joking about this only because she is apparently okay)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join