It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Active Shooter Thousand Oaks

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yehaw!

Showing Trump how taking the gunz and ignoring due process is done.

Golf clap gunphobes.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: caterpillage
a reply to: Wayfarer

I have a 95 beretta I'll sell you for 100 bucks. It runs and drives fine, and will kill as many people as you can hit with it. It's kind of a death trap to the people in it too, and no background check required what so ever

Why are all these folks shooting up these places then if cars are way easier and more effective means of killing?

Because its easier to kill people with guns, particulaarly in a building.

I concede that.

So then you would just outlaw the tool that is easiest to kill people with.

So ok, lets say we get rid of guns.

Now 5 years from now we check again.

Now killers are using cars the most. So do we now ban cars?

Then five years later its knives.

The point is, once we start banning the tool most used, when do we stop?

I pripose we stop focuing on the tool, and focus more on the type of people that use the tool to kill, and how to help on that end.

I dunno man, sounds a bit like a defeatist attitude. It stops after we correct all the avenue's that make it easy for crazies to kill people. Barricades for cars, etc.

There is a solution to it all, just not the will. Surprisingly, on the whole most 2nd amendment supporters seem to change their tune when they or their own loved ones are the victims of gun violence.

No there is no solution.

There we go. This is what I was looking for. The solution is to actually make guns more prevalent, and more easily accessible. The only result that changes anything is if we are all killed in gun violence.

So you are saying baan guns or we all need to die?

Sounds reasonable.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I have a 95 beretta I'll sell you for 100 bucks. It runs and drives fine, and will kill as many people as you can hit with it. It's kind of a death trap to the people in it too, and no background check required what so ever

Why are all these folks shooting up these places then if cars are way easier and more effective means of killing?

I concede that.

I pripose we stop focuing on the tool, and focus more on the type of people that use the tool to kill, and how to help on that end.

I dunno man, sounds a bit like a defeatist attitude. It stops after we correct all the avenue's that make it easy for crazies to kill people. Barricades for cars, etc.

There is a solution to it all, just not the will. Surprisingly, on the whole most 2nd amendment supporters seem to change their tune when they or their own loved ones are the victims of gun violence.

No there is no solution.

There we go. This is what I was looking for. The solution is to actually make guns more prevalent, and more easily accessible. The only result that changes anything is if we are all killed in gun violence.

Sounds reasonable.

No I'm saying the only solution that many of the 2nd amendment supporters here on ATS have is the only restriction to be levied is a complete anti-restriction. Somehow more guns will fix everything.......

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

What pass? Needing a drivers license? Needed to be of age? Needed to pass a test to certify you know what the # you're doing while drive?

I don't need to do any of that to go acquire a tool designed to only kill.

Funny how that works huh?

Are you a liar or just ignorant?

So any age can by a firearm?

Cool I really wanted a new shotgun.

I will just send my 8 year old cousin in to buy it for me.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Why do you own firearms then?

They were both gifts. I went through a phase where I was a little nuts about hardware - thanks Tom Clancy I guess.

I visit the range occasionally, it's fun to shoot, not going to lie.

They are worthless to protect my home if needed quickly because they are in a safe. I have children.

I'm not anti gun. I am anti being able to walk into a pawn shop and walk out with one in 15 minutes.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist
Every mate who has been to the US has said it was weird, like everyone is scared of each other.
I've traveled much of the world but the US has never appealed to me because of what mates have told me. # scared of cops is a weird one for me, my mate got pulled and his US friend was #ting it, told him to totally obey the cops instructions and say nothing unless asked.
Land of the free my big fat hairy arse lol

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

What pass? Needing a drivers license? Needed to be of age? Needed to pass a test to certify you know what the # you're doing while drive?

I don't need to do any of that to go acquire a tool designed to only kill.

Funny how that works huh?

Are you a liar or just ignorant?

So any age can by a firearm?

Cool I really wanted a new shotgun.

I will just send my 8 year old cousin in to buy it for me.

My bad, there is an age restriction, what else?

link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: loam

That is desperately sad.

The victims still living are going to be hardest hit by all this, because of course the dead don't care anymore. The families and the survivors, those who got out, are going to be absolutely devastated by this for years, perhaps for decades to come.
And for what? Violence for its own sake? Insanity? Terrorism? Gang action? So absolutely awful in every respect.

Some accounts say he shot the bouncer and bartender and then went into the office of the place, so this may be related to working there.

link   

Or someone just gives one to you?

link   

I concede that.

No there is no solution.

Sounds reasonable.

No I'm saying the only solution that many of the 2nd amendment supporters here on ATS have is the only restriction to be levied is a complete anti-restriction. Somehow more guns will fix everything.......

well I didnt say that.

I do think that gun free zones seem to experince these mass shootings more often.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I know folks like that and it blows my mind as well.

I've always stuck to the same approach, treat everyone like I want to be treated and never had a problem with cops, and rarely regular folks.

At least till weapons are drawn and then you do what ever you need to do.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Collectively is the key word. And when you take in all the numbers across many issues; it is a collectively sick and demented nation.

Btw, I own a home in Cali; London; Amsterdam and Toronto. Spent the last six months traveling (like I do every year).

Dont climb the signpost; follow it.

And yes, I'm arrogant as f#.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Back ground checks, any place that sells a gun without doing a back ground check and then the gun gets used in a crime it will be traced back to them and the people that sold it and the business are toast at that point.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Involutionist
Every mate who has been to the US has said it was weird, like everyone is scared of each other.
I've traveled much of the world but the US has never appealed to me because of what mates have told me. # scared of cops is a weird one for me, my mate got pulled and his US friend was #ting it, told him to totally obey the cops instructions and say nothing unless asked.
Land of the free my big fat hairy arse lol

If your mate said that about cops he is probably a criminal or misinformed.

The overwhelming amount of police interactions i have had were not scary.

Yeah we have a few bad ones, but I am guessing every country does.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I concede that.

No there is no solution.

Sounds reasonable.

well I didnt say that.

I do think that gun free zones seem to experince these mass shootings more often.

You didn't say it until you just did it seems; Implying that having guns be more prevalent as the solution.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Or someone just gives one to you?

Should require transfer through a licensed dealer in ALL states.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Back ground checks, any place that sells a gun without doing a back ground check and then the gun gets used in a crime it will be traced back to them and the people that sold it and the business are toast at that point.

That 800 number they call with your driver's license? I'm sorry, that's a bit underwhelming considering what a firearm is capable of. That entire process lasts about 10-15 minutes.

Again, you gotta jump through more hoops to get certain certain cars here.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No there is no solution.

No matter how hard we try or what we do, killers will always exist. Period.

Now we can take actions to limit that, but we have to make value judgements between how mcu freedom do we give up for safety.

I agree with this. It's impossible to completely eliminate murder, including mass murder. All we can do is take steps to try to mitigate the threat and those measures need to be carefully balanced against their impact on our civil liberties and way of life.

Everyone tends to panic and demand that "somebody do something" and most of the "solutions" that are proposed are usually unrealistic/undesirable.

And that goes both ways — the people who want to arm everyone because once in a while a "good guy with a gun" stops a crime are at least as wrong as the people who want to disarm everyone because once in a while a lunatic decides to kill people.

link   

We see this and we want to blame guns, or suggest tough control over that right may fix this, but here is what we are dealing with.

Every 22.2 seconds - One violent crime occurs
Every 30.9 minutes - One murder occurs
Every 5.7 minutes - One forcible rape occurs
Every 1.2 minutes - One robbery occurs
Every 36.6 seconds - One aggravated assault occurs

We have 330million people and the news will bleed any incident dry on each and everyone of them for ratings. Well unless it is a city like Chicago...

Though I feel for the victims I also need to say "so what"..... CA has stick gun laws already, just as Chicago does...

link   

Again, you gotta jump through more hoops to get certain certain cars here.

When a person is borrowing 10s of thousands of dollars from a bank it's going to be hoop filled.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join