It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics simply do not matter and here is the proof

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I know many of you are foaming at the mouth with demagoguery, but the cold hard truth is who gets elected simply does not matter. Here is my proof:

Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers: Purchasing Power of the Consumer Dollar

Just look at the one year, three year, or five year graph! Nothing will change. Every year the rich will get richer. And every year the median worker's wage is driven deeper and deeper into a poverty wage like it has been for the last 35 years.

edit on 7-11-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Pretty sure that decline is principally the result of inflation?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The politics has become something for people to put their faith even though it changes little. It's their controls for the machine that don't do much.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
As long as we have billions of dollars being siphoned into campaigns there will never be change. Our politicians go where the money is and the money lies in special interests and corporations who are always looking to shape laws to benefit them and their bottom line at the expense of the average Joe.

Obama didn't do anything about it and Trump isn't doing anything either.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Add to that the amount of 'things' people think they need. Marketing and information are valuable for a very good reason.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The world is filled with naive idealists who dream And wish that the real world could not be the way it is. That it can be somehow be tame and civil equally for all.

Everyone will always be lorded over by the wealthy And powerful. Do you think this is some kind of choice you can make to change it? There is really only one. You must become the wealthy and powerful and rule/lead/lord over others. Anything else is just wallowing in the sorrow about the unfairness of life and existence. This is what I teach my children. I teach them that the collective human it will perpetually be in chaos, just as all life and the universe. But there is a type of order to the chaos. A heirarchy always exists.

To try and fight the very concept of the heirarchy system, the chain of command, the levels of the pyramid is to fight against the very nature of the universe! Alas, how could humans be so naive with all of our collective discoveries and knowledge to even come close to believing there is a layer of existence in the mortal realm of flesh and matter that could ever possibly see an abolition of the heirarchy, THE FOOD CHAIN.

Therefore the only real question to the concept of our brief existences as the humans we currently are is, will you focus your life on serving others, or others serving you?? Your will towards the answer, the actions you take will determine your place in the heirarchy, that which we naively admonish with such resentment. Do you know where that resentment comes from?? Greed. The claims of unfairness in reality come from greed. The individual selfishness to want... What someone else has that they do not. Or to want more than they have now. Or perhaps a dramatic demonstration of concern for the weeklfare of others?? That also comes from greed. Because you want it to make you feel better, perhaps to rationalize that no matter how #ty you think you got it, half the Earth's humans may as well still live in an age of darkness. That subconscious guilts eats away at happiness and causes the desire to feel better, which then feeds that resentment of the heirarchy.

Either way, the ladder stays put even as the rungs are replaced by the second and sometimes all at once. Even when the human race is forced to start all over again from the beginning like it has many times, the same system always emerges. This is regardless of ideology, economic system, religious affiliation or language. No one can fight nature. There will always be those who submit, and those who lord over others.

The few humans in the world who accept reality for exactly what it is, those are the ones at peace. They do not toil their time believing something inherit within us all can somehow be radically altered or lose sleep over the dynamics of the reality existence. They have made their peace with serving or lording. Everyone on Earth is doing either one or the other.

Having said written all of that, my sincerest question and curiousity for the OP and anyone elze who chooses to respond is as follows. What drives the resentment of this fundamental truth? I want to study individual opinions of this question to facilitate a more thorough Learning experience of my personal studies.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
What drives the resentment of this fundamental truth? I want to study individual opinions of this question to facilitate a more
thorough Learning experience of my personal studies.

Crime pays better than hard work and playing by the rules. The only way to really get ahead in the world is to be a criminal and have the least amount of morals.

edit on 8-11-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
What drives the resentment of this fundamental truth? I want to study individual opinions of this question to facilitate a more
thorough Learning experience of my personal studies.

Crime pays better than hard work and playing by the rules. The only way to really get ahead in the world is to be a criminal and have the least amount of morals.

Hammer meet nail... Your statement there is about as accurate as a statement can get....

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Would it be safe to say you hav seen some of your peers generate wealth from criminal acts, such as selling g drugs or larceny??

The companies who produce the weapons s which defend our land do so within the parameters of judicial law. They are very successful. The person who created a standardized OS for computers that to this day dominate PC's across the globe did not commit criminal acts. And you also have to go beyond the fact that the very idea of crime is not shared with all other life on Earth, which follows a similar heirarchy nearly universally.

Many criminals also work very hard for very little. Most time little more than an increased loss of their own freedom.

The deeper truth here is, you want more than you have now. If you continue to serve others in the same capacity you are now, you will be stuck with that flawed thinking you just explained to me. You need to go beyond the anger and simply make the choice in your heart. Either serve others in a different capacity in an effort to marginally improve your welfare, or make the choice to take steps and actions that will see you lording over others while they serve you. Fundamentally, those are the only real options.

You could also defer your choices by voting for a representative who will lie about fighting the system they are very cleverly woven into. I like my wealthy rulers when they rule with my personal interests in mind. And some day, long after I am dead, I hope that my bloodline has penetrated the bottom layers of the ruling elite with the plans we are laying out on paper and with trusts. That way, our blood shall be those who lord over others who serve them.
But know this, our future will only ever go so far as the effort one personally invests into their life.

The system is not broken, the so called civilised world simply forgot how it truly functions. It has always been dog eat dog, and always will be no matter how many pretty dreams are spoken and promises broken. Once this fundamental fact is accepted in ones heart, there can be peace. But there will also be a renewed sense of purpose!! Succeed! Take actions, don't just dream! Go kill the criminals, take their money (nobody civil will miss them) and lay the foundation for your future the way so many successful people past and present have done as well! Bring order to chaos!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I remember when inflation used to apply to wages as well, funny how they have stagnated in recent years.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

In your model we would all be stabbing each other in the back to get to the top. For some of us material wealth is not the be all and end all, most of us are happy enough to cooperate in our lives for mutual prosperity.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

So what your saying in more simple language is take what you can,with force if necessary, step over anyone in your way because all that matters is financial gain.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul
That is not my model, it is the system as it exists. I did not bring up betrayal, another human concept. What I advocated was actions, and used a crude example. If one is concerned with the wealth of others, it is because in their heart they want more for themselves.

You can be perfectly content serving others if that is the choice your ok with, and I said as much. The people that get complained about the most though are the rulers, even when it is the personal choices of the servants to continue serving rulers. I mean you just admitted it yourself .
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Clearly that what matters if people have to focus their minds on the wealth of others and the alleged "unfairness" of it

Which lion gets the food and the girls?? The one that fights for them, or the one that runs away??

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

As it happens, there are remedies to that situation, but all of them have one thing about their origins in common. They all start as political ideas, get formulated into a proposal for a policy, then they have to be refined, argued for and against in debate, they have to be tested legally to ensure that they are enforceable, then they can be put into motion and policy actually written into law, assuming the person promoting the policy has actually got the clout to see it pass through the various stages of government and legality that are necessary to get it to pass.

The solutions are POLITICAL in nature. They have to do with creating or correcting law. For example, you could stop dead in its tracks the habit of executives and shareholders to walk away with the lions share of the profits generated by a business, by writing into law that a shareholder or executive may not take a salary or earn more than a certain amount from the running of a business, unless every one of its employees, regardless of status or station within the company, from floor mopper to board room shark, is getting paid enough to rent or purchase dwelling space appropriate to their needs and those of their families, feed that family, clothe the family, cover all bills and taxes without concern, as well as providing something to put by in savings, ergo, be a true living wage. If that is not the case for all employees, execs and shareholders get nothing.

THAT would be a political solution to a problem. Now, don't get caught up in whether or not you agree with the solution that I suggested, because its just an example. The point is, that no matter what solutions are applied to render that situation different than it currently is, it WILL be a political solution that sets it right, if there is any solution at all to be had. It certainly won't be inflicted on the business world by elements within itself, be an economically derived solution, because those in charge of the purse strings are happy enough as is and will be even if they wind up the only people left on the planet.

Just because politics has not yet solved a societal problem, righted a huge wrong, bought justice to an unjust situation, does not mean that it CANNOT do so, only that is has not, and there is a key difference. Politics evolves. Thought, which informs politics, morphs. Therefore, politics can change enough to solve these issues. But it will not if the people stand by and wait. There must be constant, economy crippling protest, a general strike and a mass civil unrest the like of which nations have never seen on such a scale, before any of this stuff will even fluctuate, leave alone change or be solved.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

its been like this for over 50 years with no real growth in wages, best to treat all politicians the same, every time they speak they lying

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown
You k ow what data like that really is saying?? That the majority of new money is not even real and market corrections/crashes are for disappearing the fake money from the suckers while the guys on top turned it I to real gold.
It is not the physical bullion or bills in hand that disappear from accounts, it's the binary code on a screen that does. That is the scam people need to see. Stop depositing your earned income into #ing banks and make sure it is always withdrawn. In fact, the system would change rapidly if at least twenty percent of the population kept their money out of institutions and made sure it is personally accessible at a moment to notice from personal storages.

top topics

join