It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Tonight, we remind you that you are not safe either...'

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Noone in the press room has a right to be there as an individual. Miscategorizing this as an affront to Accosta (or worse "freedom of the press" ) is where you lose me.

Presedential press conferences or even media briefs were not given at all until the mid- 20's. There was no press room available at all until Teddy Roosevelt. It's not some intrinsic constitutional right to have a press room at all, nevermind to grant access to any a-hole who wants in. "Freedom of the Press" isn't "freedom of the White House " or "freedom of reprehensible behaviour without consequence".

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
These antifa fools are walking on thinner and thinner ice. It's only a matter of time before their actions open a flood gate and they get the anarchy they all desire.

But I wonder if they are capable of surviving in such a world? Survival of the fittest and leftists is a bit of an oxymoron if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Noone in the press room has a right to be there as an individual.

I can see how you might think that, but think a little more.

They are the Press. This is PUBLIC PROPERTY, doesn't belong to Trump or his people. Belongs to taxpayers and the Public.

So how do they restrict American Citizens from being on Public Property?

Security exception. The Secret Service background checks are done before the "hard press pass".

The Secret Service though was not the one to pull this pass and no security concern was expressed.

The WH can say that they consider Acosta's behavior to be a threat to either POTUS or nearby interns, but they have not done that.

There is a case that CNN can make legally here.

All of this while agreeing that Acosta is an ahole.

Trump and Sanders however clustereffed their over-reaction.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Sanders did say that effectively when she said this behaviour is not acceptable (ie- manhandling the poor intern).

"We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern..."
edit on 9-11-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Perceptions on his behavior are not relevant.

I agree that Trump and WH would have been best strategically served to have Secret Service pull his pass and cite threatening behavior. It would have been debated, but at least on the right premise.

Instead Trump/Sanders tried to dole it out as punishment and that is their fail.

Public Property. Secret Service can restrict access to background checked and authorized US Citizens the committee for Journalists yada yada can ask the Sec Service who should be vetted and agree with the WH, but the WH can not willy nilly decide to ban Press from public property. They need to make a legally sound case and they have not done that.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Sanders did say that effectively when she said this behaviour is not acceptable (ie- manhandling the poor intern).

"We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern..."

Good enough, but that should have come from Secret Service.
She/Trump jumped the shark with their eagerness to show the press pool they could punish people.

Legally they would lose in court IMO, but it is not going there. If you read the politico article, the WH Press Association is talking to the WH behind the scenes to negotiate a truce.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The briefings exist at all at the whim of the Administration. If they are smart, they can/could make it a mutually beneficial event/arrangement (as intended). Zero hope here, but you are welcome to more optimism.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The briefings exist at all at the whim of the Administration. If they are smart, they can/could make it a mutually beneficial event/arrangement (as intended). Zero hope here, but you are welcome to more optimism.

Sarah Sanders could have had one of her off the record huddles with the pool after the press briefings.

She could have said..Trump has only had 2 Press Q&A's with you guys in two years.

You won't get another one if anyone goes full A-Hole again like Jim did today. Understood?

THAT speaks to Trumps legal power (access). Like you inferred, he doesn't have to be there.

Instead they did something legally and ethically questionable and took away a secret service approved pass for the guy to be there on public property. I suspect they took that route to try and threaten the press pool rather than encourage them to police their own internally.

it was dictator #. They deserve blowback. That is a nonpartisan opinion in my world.

edit on 9-11-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
These antifa fools are walking on thinner and thinner ice. It's only a matter of time before their actions open a flood gate and they get the anarchy they all desire.

Right. They need to be checked.
And the Right Wing Nut Jobs that shoot random minorities, often en masse, deserve the death penalty.

Bring full consequences to the extremists that don't get what this country is built upon.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

But I wonder if they are capable of surviving in such a world? Survival of the fittest and leftists is a bit of an oxymoron if you ask me.

I lean left. I have also served our country on foreign soil. I am here huckleberry if you ever want to come knocking.

You would be surprised what people do for the United States of America.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

THAT speaks to Trumps legal power (access). Like you inferred, he doesn't have to be there. 

Instead they did something legally and ethically questionable and took away a secret service approved pass for the guy to be there on public property

I'm sure you somehow typed this un-ironically, but yet, there it is.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Ya I missed the irony that jumped at you.

explain the obvious to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Trump's legal power is access because there is no right to a conference. Instead they took away his easy access... Gee, that's a shame for Jimbo.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Trump's legal power is access because there is no right to a conference. Instead they took away his easy access... Gee, that's a shame for Jimbo.

Trump's choice to be there or not.

Public property.

He needs to give legal cause to deny access to the public of public property.

Punishment for aggressive questioning doesn't hold up in court.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

They did give legal reasoning. Thhey don't accept man-handling of female interns. Presumably you then think he is free to treat them however he wants without consequence?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Um, dude, your previous post just spoke in support of Tucker.

That's as far as it needs to go. Support in this instance doesn't mean totally adopting his ideology. It just means agreeing that this kind of behavior taken against someone because you don't like what he says is way out of bounds and unacceptable.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

They did give legal reasoning. Thhey don't accept man-handling of female interns. Presumably you then think he is free to treat them however he wants without consequence?

Followed by a fake and doctored Propaganda video?

GTH outta here with that nonsense.

It's laughable..and most of the world is mocking them for it.

They had a legitimate case to make and instead chose to gull full tard.

I am discovering my greatest complaint of the Trump Admin is their utter incompetence at everything.

it's like a WH run by an angry 3 year old.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's about the size of it.

He was, as they say, well out of line. I'd have pulled his credentials, too. If CNN had any integrity left, they'd have done it first.

...and, no, for those of you about to jump down my throat for being a FoxNews watcher, their integrity isn't a whole lot better.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: ketsuko

That's about the size of it.

He was, as they say, well out of line. I'd have pulled his credentials, too. If CNN had any integrity left, they'd have done it first.

...and, no, for those of you about to jump down my throat for being a FoxNews watcher, their integrity isn't a whole lot better.

On Acosta - He was free to say what he liked, asked whatever questions he wanted, tackle the president and Sanders as he chose to. However, there are still some rules of decorum in the press briefing. He is not the only reporter in the room, and they all have questions. The president called on him, dealt with him and was attempting to move on to other reporters. Acosta wasn't playing by the rules this time, and the final, not so subtle signal was to have an intern take his mic. Where Acosta went wrong was to refuse to surrender the mic at that point. The intern had no part of the ideological game and did not deserve to be pulled into it. That's why Acosta is in timeout.

On Tucker - You don't have to like him or what he said, but you should agree that his home and his family in his home are off limits for political targeting because you don't like him and what he says. Anytime a family member is cowering in fear in the pantry because someone has cracked a solid oak front door out of political protest, you have crossed the line from protest and into terror and intimidation. You are working yourselves into KKK cross-burning on the lawn territory, and we should all be familiar with where they went next if the uppity folks didn't back down.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

And you know it was intentional as opposed to a compression artifact because?

Fast or slow, he makes enough contact with enough force to bring her shoulder down. Is that at all debatable?

Would you let someone touch your wife that way? I wouldn't. Wouldn't expect any employee male or female to deal with that # either. Cry me a river.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join