It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Tonight, we remind you that you are not safe either...'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

No, we don't. A true patriot takes care of his or her family, first, last, and all points between. Only when trouble reaches your door, or your neighbors door, do you reach for the tools to fix it. Be that a gun, or a chainsaw to help remove the tree from his yard.

Hunting for trouble usually gets you into trouble...then what about your family?

A counter-group just escalates an already volatile situation.

It is hard, but seagull is 100% correct

Violence breeds more violence, and hatred creates more hatred. Our people have never asked for this violence and I agree we should not start looking for it now

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I say good. The more stuff like this happens the more people wake up to the fight we are actually in. These antifa folks are just noisemakers anyways. The real killers have not come out hard yet. Antifa is just being set up to take the blame.

Tucker needs harden the house , up the security, and arm his family members. This is just the first wave. Tucker is a major target because he is basically the only purist FOX has at this point and they dont want him anymore. Fox may have even let the info out on his home residence. He and his family have a long history of beingpro american anti communist.

Tucker is basically the MSM version of Rand Paul now.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

that fantasy attitude is fine and dandy until reality hits your doorstep. Ask the families in South Africa who have been victimized.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

they think they live on an island where the world around them can be burning and they remain untouched

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The more stuff like this happens the more people wake up to the fight we are actually in

The majority of our people would have to personally feel the effects of tyranny before they took decisive action to cast off their normalcy bias

Our rights/precedent in this regard are affirmed by the 5/15 preamble to the Declaration of Independence itself

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

FULL Preamble: www.elcivics.com...

The Founders were right, of course, when they said Government long established should not be changed for light and transient causes. They made an equally astute observation by saying "mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed"

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I understand, and I agree with you. It is not a fantasy attitude, but one of last resort. It is begging my fellow Americans to set aside political differences and come together for the good of the country.

It is recognizing the likelihood of civil war, and all the needless deaths that would be associated with it not to mention the toll on our economy. It isn't something that should be taken lightly.

No. I'm more than willing to give my life for my country and something I believe in. But the stakes had better be pretty damned high.

This petty political bickering just isn't worth watching any portion of my friends and family die or suffer over, which is exactly what civil war would bring (even indirectly through its harm on healthcare, etc). How many is acceptable losses? 50%? Just 25%? How about 10%? Could you say good bye to 1/10 people you know and love all over the current nonsense?

Reason must prevail. Force must be an absolute last resort, and in defense of self, others or country only.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Reason must prevail. Force must be an absolute last resort, and in defense of self, others or country only.

I agree with you. I still believe that. It's not too far gone.

I also feel that those of us in the cities need to be ready to compromise that belief in order to survive should violence beget more violence.

In a bad situation, we would be on our own. Until then we have to rely on each other to defuse the enemy's plans.

edit on 11 8 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Reason???? LOL. Yeah OK.

Last Resort does not equate to being nice and letting people roll over you until your helpless. You sound like a coward looking for excuses to justify your impotence.

When there is a mob on your doorstep you can bake them some cookies and tell them to use reason and logic.

LOL... its like your stuck in this liberal victim arrogant mindset like you somehow have the power to make people understand your mindset.

I suggest you study yourself some communism before you get yourself or those around you killed.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Once again it is all about labeling for the left as Tucker is labeled racist, sexist, bigoted...I'm sure there are a few more. I have one question to the liberals here...do you see him that way too?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Once again it is all about labeling for the left as Tucker is labeled racist, sexist, bigoted...I'm sure there are a few more. I have one question to the liberals here...do you see him that way too?

As far as Fox News goes.

He seems very moderate.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I agree with you. I still believe that. It's not too far gone.

I also feel that those of us in the cities need to be ready to compromise that belief in order to survive should violence beget more violence.

In a bad situation, we would be on our own. Until then we have to rely on each other to defuse the enemy's plans.

Agreed tadaman
I too don't believe it is past the "point of no return" but anymore it seems as though the left is intentionally trying to provoke and escalate to violence

And at that moment, we would all have to stand together as brother & sister American Citizens defending our families, our nation and our Constitution from all its enemies. I also agree that the time may come where it is required to compromise that belief in order to survive

Just my opinion, for the time being, that efforts are currently better spent preparing for the worst and trying to defuse the situation (without compromising our ideals of course)

I truly worry for our people living in the cities. Even now, they are not safe from somewhat-isolated crimes and acts of terror (political violence)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Its too far gone. These useful idiots are just a symptom of it. anyone who still supports this after what we have seen the last two years is not capable of being saved. Niether side is going to give in so we are all just waiting to see who makes the big push first. God help the communists if they push too far. I am amazed how much americans have put up with.

The way I see it.....No putting this toothpaste back in the tube. Please explain to me how any of this de-escalates from here. Trump could hand out free healthcare, amnesty, and erase all debt and the left would still want to burn the country down.

Right now we are all hoping this just burns itself out like the 60s-70s but it not. Its too well funded and our system is corrupt on every level.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I understand your anger, as well as your misunderstanding of my own ideals. I am fairly pissed as well over all this, so no harm no fowl. But you couldn't have pegged me more wrongly

Am I right to assume you then believe civil war is inevitable? A foregone conclusion?

Even if you are correct, that civil war is all but inevitable, we are still left with two choices: to try or not to try. And I choose to make the effort.

Last Resort does not equate to being nice and letting people roll over you until your helpless. You sound like a coward looking for excuses to justify your impotence.

Agreed, it does not. But this has nothing to do with cowardice and impotence, and everything to do with de-escalation and force as a last resort.

When there is a mob on your doorstep you can bake them some cookies and tell them to use reason and logic.

Nor would I advocate that course of action. I have made very clear that a violent mob is itself justification for use of deadly force. I don't question the legality of using force (including deadly force) to protect yourself from a violent mob. Rather, I question the wisdom of not attempting to defuse and de-escalate before that mob reaches your doorstep.

That is what violence as a last resort means. Violence is rarely the right answer - but when it is, it should be the only answer.

LOL... its like your stuck in this liberal victim arrogant mindset like you somehow have the power to make people understand your mindset.

I suggest you study yourself some communism before you get yourself or those around you killed.

Same team. Friendly fire. You have misinterpreted my calls for reason and de-escalation as weakness. Make no mistake, if the time comes where force is the only rational response I believe it should be applied decisively and judiciously.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out how a multi-millionaire doesn't have a fence and gate, and then long driveway to the house. I mean, I'm no millionaire, but folks can't just come up and ring MY doorbell. Not if I don't want them to.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I hate to break it to you but it varies from state to state, possibly day or night.

Don't forget that threats are just a very exceedingly minor step away from legal assault, particularly if means and intent are established. Gee, a mindless angry crowd. Let me ponder....... do they have the means and the intent to commit bodily harm? hmmmmmm. What a conundrum. What's a Tucker to do? I know!!! Walk outside and reason with them!!!!

Insanity.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
He should’ve just stuck his AR-15 out the front door and fired at those idiots.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Someone in that crowd pounded on the door hard enough to crack it. That's an oak door.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The sad part is, those brainless idiots think those reasons are good enough to harass someone at their home or commit acts of violence against them

Tucker is none of those things (that I've seen), but no American has to face harassment/threats/violence simply for exercising their rights under the Constitution

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Stephen Colbert summed it up better than I could have on this. "Fighting Tucker Carlson’s ideas is an American right. Targeting his home and terrorizing his family is an act of monstrous cowardice. Obviously don’t do this, but also, take no pleasure in it happening. Feeding monsters just makes more monsters."

Sometimes I question how these people are real because they have to be too stupid to realize that actions like this just fuel and energize whoever they are protesting more. Makes everyone more angry and makes things worse for everyone.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
They are investigating it as a hate crime.

AP

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join