It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let’s talk about Beto O’Rouke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I live just outside of Austin, TX (45 minutes from downtown) but there is no escape from Beto car stickers, yard signs and commercials. They out-numbered Cruz advertisements 20-1 if I had to estimate it myself. There’s good reason for that, because Beto ran a $70 million Senate race campaign – (that’s a record) - ….and lost!

Now, Austin is what I call Lil’ Cali because Californians have been flocking here for years and years, bringing their ideals (& traffic) with them. Austin is a Freedom City… also known as a sanctuary city. Hey, if you can’t change the definition of the word, change the word to fit your definition. To its credit, Austin has essentially always bucked traditional Texan values and been a liberal beacon of sorts. At this point though, the city itself is over-crowded and over-priced, at least for myself (unrecognizable). We have many well-known celebrities that live here – add the likes of being known as the “Live Music Capital of the World” & always on the top-10 list of best cities to live, as well as a hub for the film and tech industries, and you have yourself the Hollywood of the South -- unfortunately.

So Beto lost the senate race to Cruz but as things unfolded yesterday/on election night… the story began to shift. Instead of Beto being the first Democrat to win the seat since 1994, his very early lead began to vanish and suddenly the narrative became, "Even if Beto loses, he still wins".

Now in that very article, Beto is confirmed to dismiss any talk about a future White House run. But he has become the darling of the media, in addition to some major stars. Beyonc e, Lebron James, Jim Carrey, Ellen, etc.. What do these people have to do with the Texas senate race??!!??! (well, Beyonce is from Houston)

I’m not sure if these people are aware of Beto’s politics, simply like that he defended the NFL players kneeling, or what, but Beto received campaign donations from all over the country. It’s a weird phenomenon and I believe it has to do specifically with Texas, mainly the gun-culture/support we have here. I believe the liberals think that if they can make headway with gun legislation in Texas, where CAN’T they push & implement their gun agenda. And of course, if they can tread all over the 2nd amendment rights here, what a win it would be for globalists as well and a huge step forward for their agenda.

I don’t think this ginormous push for Beto right now is a coincidence. And just so I’m clear, this wasn’t simply a push against Cruz for Senate. All over social media, the same narrative about “Even though Beto lost, he still won” is consistent, and there is a major push for a Beto 2020 presidential run.

Beto was born and raised in El Paso.
He supports a ban on assault rifles.
I think if the left can find a Texas-born&bred, Columbia-graduate Democrat that 1) supports gun-legislation, assault-rifle ban and universal background checks; as well as 2) supporting the DREAM Act – that would be their unicorn. I think those are the two biggest issues in today’s nation/politics, but more importantly, the two biggest issue to the elite with regards to what they need overturned in order to squash the grand experiment that is America.

This isn’t to say Beto doesn’t have some good ideas and support some policies that I agree with; like term limits for representatives, ending the federal prohibition on marijuana & truly assisting with our veterans.
I’m just saying I think it’s rather convenient this guy is the new Obama and somehow major cultural “stars” are endorsing him for a 2020 presidential run that Beto himself said he wasn’t interested in. I think this phenomenon isn’t about Beto the man of the left, but Beto ‘the potential tool’ of the elite left/progressives/globalists.

I know there are several other Texan-ATSers, and would love to hear your thoughts on this conspiracy... as well as the rest of y'all!

edit on 0621x6706America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I think, since they pushed about $100,000,000 on his failed run, they were simply trying to find their next Presidential candidate.

They spent all that money to help him win against a popular conservative in a red state.

If he had won, he could parley that into a Presidential run with the Democrat's base.

After all, what else to they have? Biden? Warren?

They need to find someone that isn't a known failure.

Like Bozo is now.

They will probably still groom him for 2020.

He's going to go over great in the other 49 (or is it 56?) states, after all.... LOL

edit on 7-11-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Let’s talk about Beto O’Rouke

At least Beto showed the moral fortitude to admit defeat . I respect that.
We have Stacey Adams , who lost by a greater margin, crying and pitching a fit as a child would

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Wasn't he the guy that dropped the F bomb in his concession speech?
I enjoyed that.

For Texas, I thought that race was pretty close.
a LOT of races were pretty close

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Politics is all about perception. With the proper marketing, Beto will be a rock star in 2 years, the women will love him and the nation will be in trumps recession or depression. What do you think will happen when the comparison is made to an ugly old fat man next to a pretty boy?

If the GOP trickle down economy and the tariffs scare off the corporate money; it won't even be close.

edit on 7-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
I enjoyed that.

Lot of billionaire Democrats probably not happy at spending all that for the "blue wave" that didn't happen.

Ah well.. at least they have the House and a license to witch hunt for two years now...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

That's what I occurred to me as well - and it's spot on, I imagine... is that if he had won (and "they" tried damn hard), it likely would've resulted in the 2020 presidential run.

I think it's 53 states, but we're just one big mess of soon-to-be borderless territories, right....?
edit on 2429x6724America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by six67seven because: i cant spell tonite

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Youd think in a state the size of Texas, they could have found a real Mexican to run on the dem ticket. Instead they dig up some cringy middle aged patty that thinks hes mehican.

Its truly comical, pretty sad how many votes he got. But cruze is no prize, so that helps.

Texas Rs need to run a strong candidate next time, otherwise they will probably lose.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Canada voted on looks, has worked out phenomenally for them.

They got a pretty fool, that does sound like what dems voted for in Beeeeetoooooo, Si?
edit on 7-11-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Amen! Cruz is not someone I praise in any way.

I would like to be proud of my representative - wouldn't that be nice?

My wife voted for Beto --- like I always say, no one's perfect

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Politics is all about perception. With the proper marketing, Beto will be a rock star in 2 years, the women will love him and the nation will be in trumps recession or depression. What do you think will happen when the comparison is made to an ugly old fat man next to a pretty boy?

If the GOP trickle down economy and the tariffs scare off the corporate money; it won't even be close.

Guess you didn't look at the stock market today.

Actual investors that have real money involved are pretty tickled that the adults at least kept the Senate.

And why does the left always wish for economic hardship for its citizens when they are not in power?

OH! Right!!!

Democrats have no actual idea how to make America a better place for all of us, but are damn good at "never letting a crisis go to waste" so they can gain more power.

As for the rest of your post, it just sounds like you are looking for the next Obama... an pretty looking empty head that reads a teleprompter well.

Sounds like a great Democratic leader to me!

edit on 7-11-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The morons, mouth breathers and window lickers in Eastern Canada voted just like you suggested.

And now we have Fidel Castros son, Justin as Prime Minister.

Voting based on looks is something that only a leftist moron would do.

At least Beto is only a criminal unlike the man child, trust fund baby, failed drama teacher(and every other job he's ever had).

You think Trump is mocked globally? If you want to see a world leader openly mocked look no further than Justin Castro and his trip to India.

And every other trip for that matter.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: MisterSpock

Amen! Cruz is not someone I praise in any way.

I would like to be proud of my representative - wouldn't that be nice?

My wife voted for Beto --- like I always say, no one's perfect

Your wife would fit in in Eastern Canada with all the morons that voted for Trudeau based on looks and his dreamy hair.

The fact that soooooo many women voted for Turdeau based on looks makes me seriously question whether women should have the right to vote.

I'm only half joking.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

R2-Be-to.

####ing droid boi.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If beto is d2, who's his c3?

Solve for d4.....

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

Woman should have a vote.

They should vote for whomever their husbands tell them too. Then make a nice sandwich platter and serve beers when the boys are over watching the election coverage.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
I enjoyed that.

I have been known to myself ....
Being close and and admitting defeat is one thing
Being more of a gap and calling for all kinda recounts = pure vileness and a severe lack of morality
Let it go Stacey.... a recount is most likely going to widen the gap
Best advice anyone could give her..
Abrams had a chance once. Then blew it .
The more she fell behind in the polls , the more she went full on lunacy
Works that way in Cali
Not so much in Georgia.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

If beto is d2, who's his c3?

Solve for d4.....

Bastard.

You sunk my battleship.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Well, it shouldn't have been so close to the us border, its sure to be shelled.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

It was a crazy run, I knew it would be with all of that money thrown at Beto. Personally he gives me the creeps.

Why are some pushing him for a potential Presidential candidate:
Maybe some think since Bush jr. Got his start from Texas that Beto has a chance at President as well?

If some think they can affect gun policy in Texas is absolutely laughable, not going to happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join