It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of "Whitaker must recuse himself" from the Dems

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

The Dems were calling for a special counsel

Rosenstein dislikes trumo like much of the intel community and wanted to get him by any means necessary

They told the public this investigation was necessary to stop the bad Russians

The investigation has purposely avoided looking in to dnc connections to the very Russians they are looking into trumps camp for

I never said or implied the order only said Russia

I said quite clearly that Rosenstein and the Dems pitched the importance of a special counsel to the American people saying it was imperative to get to the bottom or Russian interference

They lied, as mueller is again ignoring Russia connections to Dems

Yes trumo made a bad decision appointing Rosenstein

And?

Now that he is appointing someone who doesn’t hate him the Dems are being hypocrites saying Whitaker must recuse

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Chuck Schumer needs to recuse himself from the entire Senate 😃

But then again, he is a gift made for all occasions 😎

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo
a reply to: Grambler

Seems like it may be time for you to look at order number 3915-2017.

The scope is quite large, contrary to what many may believe.

Don’t blame the Dems, Rosenstein signed the order and he was appointed by Trump.

So since many Americans believe that the scope was "Russian Collusion"; but would be wrong. Is it than safe to say that those who started the investigation mislead those Americans?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The new AG has implied Mueller has overstepped his bounds, while the actual order states he hasn’t.

How do you know? The new AG has more access to the case than Sessions did. Rosenstein knows this now. He may know something you and I don't.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Post it. I would like to read it.

Google helps too, I’m too stupid to embed on my phone.

www.justice.gov...

It is the appointment of Mueller for the investigation. Meuller said he will make a statement about the investigation after the midterms. We are waiting. Collusion isn't a crime though, and the they knew it. This investigation was started for the Alphabet agencies to gain leverage on Trump. They knew Collusion would gain no leverage. They used it in order to look at "other things" they could use against Trump. Not to impeach him. To control him.

It lays out the scope of the investigation, which is the entire point.

The new AG has implied Mueller has overstepped his bounds, while the actual order states he hasn’t.

Here is what Whitaker wrote

In fact, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein's letter appointing special counsel Robert Mueller does not give Mueller broad, far-reaching powers in this investigation. He is only authorized to investigate matters that involved any potential links to and coordination between two entities -- the Trump campaign and the Russian government. People are wrongly pointing to, and taking out of context, the phrase "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation" to characterize special counsel's authority as broad.
The word "investigation" is clearly defined directly preceding it in the same sentence specifically as coordination between individuals associated with the campaign of Donald Trump and Russia. The Trump Organization's business dealings are plainly not within the scope of the investigation, nor should they be.
Indeed, Sunday on Fox News, Rod Rosenstein acknowledged Mueller had limited authority and would need to seek his permission to expand the investigation.
Beyond the legal reading, the broad authority argument defies plain logic: If the special counsel could investigate anything he wants, why would there even need to be a letter spelling out the specific limits of the investigation

www-m.cnn.com... F

And o totally agree with him

So no, the text you show does not mean mueller can investigate anything he wants, it’s supoosed to be connected to Russians and the 2016 election

Which as Whitaker points out, is why Rosenstein even said there were limits in the investigation

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

The Dems were calling for a special counsel

Rosenstein dislikes trumo like much of the intel community and wanted to get him by any means necessary

They told the public this investigation was necessary to stop the bad Russians

The investigation has purposely avoided looking in to dnc connections to the very Russians they are looking into trumps camp for

I never said or implied the order only said Russia

I said quite clearly that Rosenstein and the Dems pitched the importance of a special counsel to the American people saying it was imperative to get to the bottom or Russian interference

They lied, as mueller is again ignoring Russia connections to Dems

Yes trumo made a bad decision appointing Rosenstein

And?

Now that he is appointing someone who doesn’t hate him the Dems are being hypocrites saying Whitaker must recuse

I guess we just see things differently, oh well.

Whatever happens, happens.

I have a feeling in the end it will be more of the same.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

How do you know? The new AG has more access to the case than Sessions did. Rosenstein knows this now. He may know something you and I don't.
M

The new AG stated this over a year ago, before he had seen anything. That’s how I “know”. I use the term loosely because the truth is, you and I don’t know the details.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

M

The new AG stated this over a year ago, before he had seen anything. That’s how I “know”. I use the term loosely because the truth is, you and I don’t know the details.

Do you have a link for that? I would like to know exactly what he said.

Never mind, I see Grambler did.
edit on 7-11-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I love how even on ats we get people that say things like “having a conflict of interest like this destroys the rule of law!”

And the when you present them with example after example of their side doing it, they totally ignore it

Just like we had to believe all women, but they would just repeatedly ignore when we would all bring up examples like Keith Ellisons accuser

It is laughable how the feign moral outrage while totally ignoring when their side is guilty of the exact things they are accusiytheir opponents of

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The scope is on Russian Collusion and ANY matters that may present themselves during the scope of the investigation.

Do you know WHY they include terms for 'any matters which may present...'?

It's not to allow a scattergun approach to law enforcement, or a fishing expedition, or a never-ending delve into imaginary crimes. And it's not because there is an expectation (or hope) that other significant crimes are known.

Its because with such large-scale cases as this, no one is simply going to put their hand up and admit to 'Russian collusion'. It gives investigators the opportunity to dig up ENTIRELY UNRELATED matters (such as decade-old tax avoidance, or fraudulent loan applications) and file charges with potential penalties. This then gives investigators leverage to either encourage someone to 'spill the beans', or provide an alternative testimony which will be used as a basis for a future 'lying to investigators' charge against a third party later (ie. Any number of Trump's administration). They KNOW this works because, as has been mentioned many times here on ATS, if a cop follows anyone for long enough, everyone will get a ticket.

It's just a huge windfall for partisans that there are so many idiots out there without the capacity for critical assessment, because people simply hear that charges have been laid and shout 'hurrr... Charges are laid! Proof Trump is guilty of Russia!'

There's seriously nothing more to it than that. Sorry to let you down.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I particularly like how every time Chuck Schumer sees something that might put his party under scrutiny, suddenly it is "a Constitutional Crisis".

Chuckie... now the Senate "more of a minority" leader.

As to the OP, you are correct.. it's just hypocrisy and that should be pointed out to as many people as possible every time it happens.

S&F...

Look at how effectively Chuck swung the Senate for the Republicans with the Kavanaugh Hearings. I say let him open his big mouth all he likes over this. Imagine what he might accomplish.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I love how even on ats we get people that say things like “having a conflict of interest like this destroys the rule of law!”

And the when you present them with example after example of their side doing it, they totally ignore it

Just like we had to believe all women, but they would just repeatedly ignore when we would all bring up examples like Keith Ellisons accuser

It is laughable how the feign moral outrage while totally ignoring when their side is guilty of the exact things they are accusiytheir opponents of

You are just realizing this fact? Hypocrisy is a virtue in DC. It's a virtue because the people that put them there are also hypocrites. They are voting for their personal styling of it or, as close to theirs as possible. There are some good people but not enough to matter. If it did matter there would be hardy any hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

The Justice Department appointed a special counsel Wednesday to investigate possible coordination between President Trump’s associates and Russian officials — a clear signal to the White House that federal investigators will aggressively pursue the matter despite the president’s insistence that there was no “collusion’’ with the Kremlin.

I went with the Washington Post for you... you could just use google, you know.

That’s Fake News, remember.

But right, don’t bother looking at THE ACTUAL ORDER that lays out the complete scope of the investigation.

Hint: it’s not just Russian Collusion

Not sure why you are struggling to understand. They told us it was about Russian Collusion, when the truth was very different. What the people were told would be investigated and what the order said to investigate do not match up. That's the problem.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

A Republican talking about hypocrisy is about as funny as it gets.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I am a funny guy.

Unfortunately i am totally correct about this.

which is why you nor anyone else has breathed a word about why I am incorrect.

But hey man, keep reading my stuff, i can have some real knee slappers when I want.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Not as funny as someone shoe-horning a person into a box to justify their hatred.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

The new AG has more access to the case than Sessions did. Rosenstein knows this now. He may know something you and I don't.

Check out what ROD ROSENSTEIN said this evening:

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on Friday hailed acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker as a "superb" choice to fill the role of Attorney General, even as Whitaker's past statements have prompted questions about his impartiality toward special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

"I think he's a superb choice for Attorney General," Rosenstein told a small group of reporters gathered outside of an investiture ceremony for US Attorney Zachary Terwilliger in Alexandria, Virginia. "He certainly understands the work, understands the priorities of the department."

www.cnn.com...

This is significant, IMO. Liberals are probably short-circuiting, as Rosenstein's whole-hearted endorsement of Matthew Whitaker makes the rounds.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join