It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Pulls CNN's Jim Acosta's Media Credentials

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Good.. He has had this coming for some time.

It is not because of his reporting but because of his behavior. Behaving the way he does at press briefings and at events with Potus shows his lack of respect for the office of the president.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Acosta obviously has some pent up hostility. He is a time bomb waiting to explode.

He needs a long vacation and some "couch" time.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Pushy? Or is it just being a tough, hard-nosed reporter trying to get the president to take responsibility for his lack of credibility, poor character and numerous contradictions? LOL. I don't know about you, but I like reporters who won't stand down when our government officials are blatantly lying or trying to side-step a straight question. This is exactly why our founding fathers wanted a free press. The press shouldn't have to cave into government control! Reporters shouldn't be passive because a free press was created for the main purpose to expose government corruption, deception, distortions, fabrications and tyranny in our government. After all, they're the checks and balance for the American people.

Conservatives always complain about government control, yet they defend a president from trying to silence a reporter's legitimate questions!!! They defend a president who continues to call the press the enemy of the people! All this whining about Jim Acosta vicious attacks, yet doesn't Trump himself engage in vicious attacks??? ...name calling, belittling people, continues to call-out CNN as "fake news" at every press conference, makes fun of a handicapped reporter, and refuses to answer hot button questions related to his own contradictions.

You Trump supporters make me laugh, you're so hypocritical! This is the same president that calls for "unity" after the pipe bomb event, yet he's been extremely divisive since he took office! Before he points his finger at the press and calls them fake, he should take a long look in the mirror! If Trump had it his way, he would have a state-run media!

Those who think Jim Acosta has been the only blunt and sharp tone White House Reporter is an absolute joke. Reporters like Helen Thomas and Sam Donaldson quickly come to mind. Reporters like them, separate the men from the boys. Past presidents didn't attack these reporters sharp tones and blunt questions or pull their media credentials. Past presidents weren't as thin skinned and didn't lack temperament like Trump. ...cry me a river.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Lol
Neither of your examples were outright disrespectful.
They got famous because of their work NOT merely the location.
Acosta couldn't clean donaldson's jock properly.
edit on 7/11/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

An elected government official is way more important than a reporter....any reporter. They can be there and ask questions, but have no right to push and shove. Also messing with the mind of these people who have control over military people and our economy may result in them lashing out unnecessarily at other countries.

Is Trump messing some things up just because the media is always on his tail? Can the media actually cause world war three because of their harrassing the president, look at good ol bill, when he got caught porking monika he started bombing Iraq just to try to get them off his tail.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

An elected government official is way more important than a reporter....any reporter.

And here we see the right sell their soul (and everything about their prior beliefs) wholesale. What a sad day in America.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Acosta obviously has some pent up hostility. He is a time bomb waiting to explode.

He needs a long vacation and some "couch" time.

Jim Acosta should be ARRESTED for battery, just like Trump campaign manager CORY LEWANDOWSKI was, in 2016.

Remember the uproar during the 2016 campaign when Trump campaign staffer Cory Lewandowski grabbed a female reporter by the arm to keep her from getting too close to Donald Trump? The media had a fit, including CNN, labeling him as a woman abuser. Corey was ARRESTED for this!

CNN Condemns Lewandowski: www.cnn.com...

Cory eventually had to leave his job.

Jim Acosta karate chops a White House staffer's arm, and his bosses at CNN lavishes the bastard with praise!

See Acosta's physical abuse, close-up: twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
How can anyone try and justify this?? And why won't CNN show it? Could it be because they are fake news and shameless hypocrites? Yep.

edit on 7-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

This closeup needs to go viral. I didn't realize until I saw this particular angle how forceful Acosta had really been. Each time I look at it, I add another point to J.A.'s d-baggedness. What a freakin' bully!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Conservatives always complain about government control, yet they defend a president from trying to silence a reporter's legitimate questions!!! They defend a president who continues to call the press the enemy of the people! All this whining about Jim Acosta vicious attacks, yet doesn't Trump himself engage in vicious attacks??? ...name calling, belittling people, continues to call-out CNN as "fake news" at every press conference, makes fun of a handicapped reporter, and refuses to answer hot button questions related to his own contradictions.

trying to silence a reporter's legitimate questions

Ah yes legitimate questions you mean the same questions that have being asked by CNN for at least 400 times over and over again?

yet doesn't Trump himself engage in vicious attacks??? ...name calling, belittling people, continues to call-out CNN as "fake news" at every press conference, makes fun of a handicapped reporter, and refuses to answer hot button questions related to his own contradictions

Your side meanwhile aka the far Liberals have no problems being racist towards white people and making fun of war veterans.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Repost from the mudpit forum -

Here is the closeup.

Closeup of Acosta and the intern trying to take back the mic - video

Secondly a lot of media people are saying they have never seen this action by a potus yet they conveniently forget when Obama booted a journalist when he confronted Obama on deportations.

Finally the hypocrites on the left seem to have forgotten their reaction when Corey Lewandowski blocked a female reporter who ignored secret service, trying to get to Trump. At the time everyone on the left was screaming he assaulted her.

Now that Acosta did it its not a big deal and they want to ignore it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
CNN claimed he was asking questions that Trump didn’t like. More fake news, he wasn’t asking questions, he was grandstanding

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: cfnyaami

So Trump made Acosta put his hands on the woman? Sounds like what an abusive husband says.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Ah yes legitimate questions you mean the same questions that have being asked by CNN for at least 400 times over and over again?

LOL, these questions have to be asked over and over again because Trump won't answer them or his answers are blatant lies and not based on actual fact!! A reporter isn't doing his or her job if they don't press for truthfulness. This is a typical response from a Trump supporter trying to cover for a president that has a proven track record of lying and twisting the truth. (Deny this? All you have to do is search for the numerous YouTube recorded videos proving Trump's lies and contradictions! I can just imagine how you would react if this was a liberal president doing the same thing, lol. Wake-up and smell the coffee!

Your side meanwhile aka the far Liberals have no problems being racist towards white people and making fun of war veterans.

Racist towards white people?? Sure sounds like your raciest. There's racism on both sides, and there's dirty political and lying from both parties. The main problem here is you can't recognize truth from fiction. Moral character from immoral character, American character and values from tyrannical and dictatorial tendencies. You're blindly being biased along political lines which is exactly the reason NOTHING gets done in government on behalf of the AMERICAN PEOPLE!

I hate to burst your decisive hate speech toward liberals and the rest of your fellow Trump supporters, but I'm a registered Independent. I became an independent years ago because of the disgust I had with both parties ignoring the voice of the people! Ask yourself what have our representatives done for important issues affecting the majority of Americans in the past 25 years??? Absolutely "0". Liberals are as much at fault as conservatives. If our representatives were truly in office to protect our constitution and American values and character, Trump would have been impeached a year ago. Again, it proves my point that the ruling party is protecting him which clearly shows they could care less what type of damage this president is doing to America and it's standing in the world. No expense was spared when Bill Clinton was impeached when the republican party was in control. Nixon was impeached when the Democrats were in control. Again, isn't this proof enough? America's government was assembled to "work together" on behalf of the American people. It has done nothing of the sort but divide this country. The many attacks by Trump supporters in the forum against liberals proves my point again.

The self-serving and $$$ influencing party system will eventually destroy "The United" States of America.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Trump didn't like Acosta's temerity. Trump got called out for dehumanizing people (in ads) who are migrants and didn't like it. How dare someone question him.

This was more about Acosta's BEHAVIOR, not his questions. He got what he deserved.

If he were to clear the room of those asking tough questions, it would be empty.....

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

An elected government official is way more important than a reporter

So in your view dictatorships and communist governments who have state-controlled media where reporters are restricted to ask certain questions, or they're expected to be passive when the government boldly lies to its people is also the reason why our founding fathers wanted to establish a "free press?" LOL, I wish those of you who continue to regurgitate Trump's ignorant views about our constitution take the time to read the reason why the "free press" was established. I'll give you and others a quick history lesson...

Freedom of Press

Freedom of the press protects the right to obtain and publish information or opinions without government censorship or fear of punishment. Censorship occurs when the government examines publications and productions and prohibits the use of material it finds offensive. Freedom of press applies to all types of printed and broadcast material, including books, newspapers, magazines, pamphlets, films and radio and television programs.

The Constitution's framers provided the press with broad freedom. This freedom was considered necessary to the establishment of a strong, independent press sometimes called "the fourth branch" of the government.

An independent press can provide citizens with a variety of information and opinions on matters of public importance.

According to the current state of law, freedom of speech does not protect the following: Speech that contains "fighting words" (insulting or abusive language that is likely to cause "an immediate violent response"); Obscenities; Language or communication directed to inciting, producing or urging the commission of a crime; Defamation - words or communication that are false and untrue and are intended to injure the character and reputation of another person; Abusive, obscene or harassing telephone calls; Loud speech and loud noise meant by volume to disturb others or to create a clear and present danger of violence.

Jim Acosta did nothing of the sort.

Now if you recall, many of Trump's speeches, certainly contained "fighting words," Obscenities; Language or communication directed to inciting, producing or urging the commission of a crime; Defamation - words or communication that are false and untrue and are intended to injure the character and reputation of another person (The proof has been video recorded numerous times!) Again, I urge many of you Trump supporters to stop ignoring the 800 lb. gorilla in the room. Your'e doing nothing but justifying that a president is above the law and doesn't have to be held accountable for his his actions and rhetoric.

Source

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Trump admin complaining about fake news then using doctored video(FAKE NEWS) to justify banning someone is a discredit to the presidency.

White House press secretary uses fake Infowars video to justify banning CNN reporter

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If I were President, I wouldn't take Acosta's press pass.

I would send him a personal invitation to the next White House briefing. After I finished speaking, I would leave the podium and walk to where Acosta was sitting. I would lean over until our faces were about 18" apart, and I would ask, "Any questions?"

The second he opens his mouth, I would blast an air horn, and I would blow it any time he tried to say anything.

That may not be how previous President's would have handled the situation, but I think using the IRS or a drone strike might be a little excessive.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: rickymouse

An elected government official is way more important than a reporter....any reporter.

And here we see the right sell their soul (and everything about their prior beliefs) wholesale. What a sad day in America.

If that reporter was targeting Obama when he was president, or one of his group of white house officials, I would be saying the identical thing. These people are high ranking people in our government, they do not need to be bowing down to a reporter who is rude.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

LOL, these questions have to be asked over and over again because Trump won't answer them or his answers are blatant lies and not based on actual fact!! A reporter isn't doing his or her job if they don't press for truthfulness. This is a typical response from a Trump supporter trying to cover for a president that has a proven track record of lying and twisting the truth. (Deny this? All you have to do is search for the numerous YouTube recorded videos proving Trump's lies and contradictions! I can just imagine how you would react if this was a liberal president doing the same thing, lol. Wake-up and smell the coffee!

RussiaGate is nothing Burger.

? All you have to do is search for the numerous YouTube recorded videos proving Trump's lies and contradictions

And you Liberals have never lied or did any contradictions? Your Obama boy lied number of times over and over. Its on YouTube its a waste putting it here.
edit on 8-11-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join