It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Acostas Press Pass SUSPENDED.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
So, I am curious.

Has Acosta been imprisoned, has his internet access been revoked, has any of his social media accounts been disabled in any manner, have his fingers been broken or his larynx removed, are his published works being systematically sought out and being obliterated?

Unless any of the above has happened, I would not say that Acosta's freedom has been impinged upon in any appreciable manner.

Is this simply about Acosta? Or really about the degradation of our free press?

Still waiting on evidence that freedom of press has been violated or even degraded in the least.

*Kicks feet up*

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

So, I am curious.

Has Acosta been imprisoned, has his internet access been revoked, has any of his social media accounts been disabled in any manner, have his fingers been broken or his larynx removed, are his published works being systematically sought out and being obliterated?

Unless any of the above has happened, I would not say that Acosta's freedom has been impinged upon in any appreciable manner.

Two girls and a drinking container have more credibility than the MSM.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

So, I am curious.

Still waiting on evidence that freedom of press has been violated or even degraded in the least.

*Kicks feet up*

They can not provide such.
I would venture to say they do not understand the concept in the first place.

link   

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: angeldoll

No proof, that's all you had to say.

Sorry sweetie. If you can't do any research, I can't help ya with that.

+4 more 
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

So, I am curious.

*Kicks feet up*

She gave proof!

Trump is an always been a white supremacist

And just as that statement is clearly factual with no evidence need presented

Trump is and always has violated the free press!

Why can’t you understand that?

+7 more 
link   

So, I am curious.

I find it funny that people are acting like Trump is silencing him and not answering tough questions. I am guessing not a single one of them actually watched the presser. He took numerous questions of all types including bs crap about white supremacists.

Acosta is getting this punishment for being an ass and putting his hands on a woman trying to do her job.

What is REALLY funny is also that those saying Trump is trying to silence him dont seem to realize that Trump himself called on him to ask questions....doesnt seem like silencing when you pick the person you want silenced to ask you questions.

But again....I doubt many have actually watched the presser.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Whatdiditellya! posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:34 PM link edit quote reply Watch; Acosta, and maybe CNN will have their White House press credentials pulled. edit on 7-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So, I am curious.

Oh! Are you saying two GUYS and bottle would have more credibility?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
"Pushed the intern" "chopped her elbow" Jesus Christ, I accidentally bumped into people at the grocery store yesterday 10 times harder than he gently touched her. Doesnt even look like he was trying to push her away he was just moving his arm as she came up. He moves his arm a lot when he talks anyway. Why even use that snowflake excuse when they had other more valdi options.

I cant believe I'm saying this but I agree with Ben Shapiro's tweet. "This is not what happened. You could have banned him simply for refusing to abide by any of the normal rules of the press room. No need to state something happened that didn’t."

I think it still would have been stupid if Sarah Sanders listed that reason, but its atleast somewhat legitimate. No reason to create more lies.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

Why can’t you understand that?

You're right Gramb. Forgive me for not applying rhetoric in a factual manner to justify my own confirmation biases.

I have failed. I'll go on and 'get educated' now.

link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Freedom of the Press ? What about the FREEDOM of American Citizens being able to Chastise the PRESS when it Steps Over the Line of Public Decency ? The Fourth Estate has become Rotten to it's Core . It has become Public Enemy No. 1 to REAL Free Speech when it Spews Lies on a Daily Basis to a Public that is just Interested in News and Current Events , and NOT FAKE NEWS Commentary ..........

edit on 7-11-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

So, I am curious.

Is this simply about Acosta? Or really about the degradation of our free press and our entitlement to have this man give an honest answer to questions from the press, which at least in OUR country, he does not and should not have control over.

"The Man" did answer the question......and the press are only allowed one question a piece, which has been tradition since before either one of us were even born.....

Trump repeatedly answered him and Accosta as per usual, keeps asking questions despite Trump saying it was enough and trying to allow other people in the room a question.....

On top of it he was belligerent, disrespectful, and forceful to the aide trying to do her job......

He cannot expect to continue to act like this without repercussions.........full stop.....

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

So, I am curious.

No.

I'm saying that the MSM has no credibility.

Sorry, should have been clearer.

link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Freedom of the Press ? What about the FREEDOM of American Citizens being able to Chastise the PRESS when it Steps Over the Line of Public Decency ? The Fourth Estate has become Rotten to it's Core . It has become Public Enemy No. 1 to REAL Free Speech when it Spews Lies on a Daily Basis to a Public that is just Interested in News and Current Events , and NOT FAKE NEWS Commentary ..........

Freedom of speech?

Pfft, GTFO!

link   

So, I am curious.

Good observation!

The problem is that so many of them have been shown as co-conspirators in crooked activities, by Wikileaks.

They know that President Trump, with the RIGHT PERSON leading the DOJ will expose every last one of them. That is why the media is so irrationally hateful towards President Trump.

+5 more 
link   

Freedom of the Press.

Was Acosta imprisoned or something? Were his records seized or was he spied on, like Obama did to other journalist?

Obama...made greater use of the Espionage Act to prosecute leakers and menace journalists than all other presidents combined.

Obama’s Justice Department accessed the personal email of a Fox News reporter and surveilled the reporter’s parents and colleagues. They seized the home, work and mobile phone records of journalists at the Associated Press.

Obama routinely banned news photographers from official events. He went months between press conferences and used social media to circumvent reporters.

First lady Michelle Obama took policy trips overseas with no press on her airplane. The White House scrubbed public visitor logs of names it didn’t want in the news.

The Obama administration posted the worst record in history for fulfilling requests for public records under the Freedom of Information Act.

Link.

Give me a break.

Acosta isn't a journalist. He's an asshole.
edit on 7-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

So, I am curious.

Is this simply about Acosta? Or really about the degradation of our free press and our entitlement to have this man give an honest answer to questions from the press, which at least in OUR country, he does not and should not have control over.

See, this is part of the impasse between the sides here. Trump insults a woman who's being rude to him and it's not "Trump insults disruptive woman at event" it's "Trump hates women! Mysogynist in Chief!" Trump makes a comment on illegal immigrants and crime and it's not "Trump decries crimes committed disproportionately highly by illegal Mexican immigrants" it's "Trump is a racist, calls Mexicans 'Criminals'." The White House pulls the press pass for a single reporter who is a consistant jerk and abuses his privilege of the pass and it's not "White House pulls single report's press pass following latest outburst" it's "Trump assaults freedoms of the press, violates Constitution!" Get it straight for a change, one individual does not represent the whole... didn't your side start that mantra when we were fighting Islamic terrorists, talking about the disproportionate number of crimes committed by some groups, and even lately when we've discussed violent acts and riots by some uppitty liberal malcontents? OK, yes, we did... apply it equally for a change. People are individuals and they sometimes make decisions which have consequences totally unrelated to the entire group or classification they may fit into. Such is the case here.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

We have the ability to do that, we do it all the time on this site and through other news agencies......

You seem to have taken offense to my post for some reason, maybe you should read it again, in nothing I wrote did i say anything like youre eluding to.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

So, I am curious.

Can we leave the Young Turks out of this?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

We have the ability to do that, we do it all the time on this site and through other news agencies......

You seem to have taken offense to my post for some reason, maybe you should read it again, in nothing I wrote did i say anything like youre eluding to.

More freedom of speech!?!? I can't even....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join