It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Acostas Press Pass SUSPENDED.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: luthier

From what I am seeing Clinton is going to run again.

So she can loot the DNC again. It was easy pickings for her once already. A democrat see's these child like successes against Trump, like with Acosta, and they all come running empowered.

edit on 16-11-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Acosta will become CNN's empty chair.

Next they'll be screaming that nobody ever calls on him to ask "questions".

💥😆💥

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
The Court has ruled!

The Latest: Breaking News:
Judge says White House must immediately return press credentials of CNN’s Jim Acosta
The Latest: CNN's Acosta is he's ready to 'go back to work'
www.yahoo.com...

The judge granted a temporary injunction which allows Acosta back in for 14 days so the judge can hear further oral arguments.

If Acosta gets fully reinstated then the WH just needs to end press briefings.

Here's what CNN and Acosta are asking for from the court case: (I bolded what they've already gotten)

PRAYER FOR RELIEF

WHEREFORE, Plaintiffs respectfully request that the Court enter each of the following forms of relief:

a. Immediate restoration of Acosta’s press credentials and hard pass so that Plaintiffs may continue to report from White House briefings and perform their jobs on White House grounds and at other presidential events;

b. In the alternative, immediate restoration of Acosta’s press credentials pending “due process,” including but not limited to a formal written explanation as to why the pass is being revoked, an opportunity for Plaintiffs to respond to the allegations and be heard before a neutral arbiter, and a final written decision;

c. A declaration that the revocation of Acosta’s press credentials was unconstitutional, in violation of the First Amendment and the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment;

d. A declaration that the revocation of Acosta’s press credentials violated the Administrative Procedure Act, 5 U.S.C. § 706

(2); and e. An order granting Plaintiffs costs, fees, and disbursements incurred in connection with these proceedings and such further relief as this Court deems just and proper.
cnnpressroom.files.wordpress.com...

Hope that clears things up for you.

edit on 16-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

😴

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

You need to unbold that the judge didn't say there was a first amendment right. he specifically avoided it. What he said is there was no due process for pass removal. This means the white house has to sit down and make up the rules on what causes the loss of and how to remove a pass. CNN made things worse on the reporters because now if they violate the rules that the white house gets to make they are out.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

a reply to: luthier

From what I am seeing Clinton is going to run again.

So she can loot the DNC again. It was easy pickings for her once already. A democrat see's these child like successes against Trump, like with Acosta, and they all come running empowered.

Exactly! Her campaign gets all the donation money, and her friends and companies she owns in part or full ("staff", "contractors" and " advisors" ) all.get cushy jobs/contracts paid for with "other people's money". They win even if she doesn't carry a single state.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You need to unbold that the judge didn't say there was a first amendment right. he specifically avoided it. What he said is there was no due process for pass removal.

Last time I looked the 5th Amendment was a part of the Constitution, due process was still a constitutional right and violating the 5th Amendment is still unconstitutional. But, you're right, I shouldn't have bolded the 1st Amendment part. My mistake.

Judge Restores Jim Acosta’s Press Pass on Fifth Amendment Grounds thepoliticalinsider.com...

It should have looked like this"
c. A declaration that the revocation of Acosta’s press credentials was unconstitutional, in violation of the First Amendment and the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment;

edit on 17-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The glee you exhibit parading Acosta's "Temporary" restoration around the forum is remarkable.

This really makes you happy doesn't it?

I suggest you watch the next few press conferences and make note of how often Mr. Acosta gets called upon.

You really don't have any idea what this whole ordeal has accomplished, do you? For Acosta and the press as a whole, Acosta's little stunt has done far more damage than good.

Enjoy your little moment for a bit. Only 20 more minutes and then Sponge Bob is on.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The glee you exhibit parading Acosta's "Temporary" restoration around the forum is remarkable.

The glee that Trump supporters displayed, parading Acosta's revocation of his press pass, due to a bogus claim of assault, was remarkable!

This really makes you happy doesn't it?

Seeing justice done makes me happy.

I suggest you watch the next few press conferences and make note of how often Mr. Acosta gets called upon.

I suggest you check out how many times Trump addressed Acosta, only to call him and CNN "enemy of the People" and other derogatory slams while refusing to answer his questions.

You really don't have any idea what this whole ordeal has accomplished, do you?

I hope that it reigns Trump in on his assault on the press, singling out reporters that ask questions that Trump doesn't like or write stories that make Trump look "bad" in order to alienate them and their media outlets. I hope that it sends Trump a message, telling him that he doesn't have the authority to fire reporters who ask questions or print stories that he doesn't like.

“You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you.”
Donald Trump
cnnpressroom.files.wordpress.com...

edit on 17-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28   >>

join