It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Acostas Press Pass SUSPENDED.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
a reply to: soberbacchus

I agree. If Trump had any class he would have just given Acosta the podium and taken Jims seat among the reporters.

If he had any class, he would have actually answered a few questions rather than rant about himself the whole time.

If he had any class he wouldn't have mocked and danced on the graves of his own GOP politicians that lost in purple districts mostly because they were associated with HIM.

Ad infinitum..

If Trump had class? It's like pondering if night was day.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

I agree. If Trump had any class he would have just given Acosta the podium and taken Jims seat among the reporters.

If he had any class, he would have actually answered a few questions rather than rant about himself the whole time.

If he had any class he wouldn't have mocked and danced on the graves of his own GOP politicians that lost in purple districts mostly because they were associated with HIM.

Ad infinitum..

WELL SAID

If they think a 2-time adulterer (paid for, no less) has class, I no longer wonder how a nation of people could tolerate a tyrant who bans repoerters that disagree w him.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CajunMetal

Ad infinitum..

WELL SAID

If they think a 2-time adulterer (paid for, no less) has class, I no longer wonder how a nation of people could tolerate a tyrant who bans repoerters that disagree w him.

Obama?

Maybe if trump would spy on reporters that disagree with him, he could be respectable like Obama was and finally not be a tyrant.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123
When you are in the White House and before the President of the United States you act accordingly with decorum and respect. My reaction to an Obama speech would be to do an about face and simply remove myself from his disgusting presence. No yelling no fanfare just leave.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Ad infinitum..

I agree... Trump needs to be impeached for not having Class.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

No point in expecting any different, he is who he is. In Trumps defence(can't believe I just said that
) Acosta was being an asshole, and the same old questions regarding Russia..tired of it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Are you disturbed that the video was edited to make that gesture look more "quickly -- almost instinctively"?

I just watched an excellent frame-by-frame analysis here. It certainly seems that there are three frames missing, with the video stuck on one frame instead for those three frames.

However, both versions are equally disturbing.

Or that the press secretary for the United States is now sharing fake and doctored videos from Infowars?

Fake -- no. The video does portray actual events -- minus three frames. Doctored -- maybe. Maybe not. I don't know if it could be an honest mistake or a hardware malfunction while copying the video.

I do find it disturbing that the WH's video was of much less quality... That she did not as a matter of course get the video from the best source.

The Infowars connection is also disappointing. I don't know if she retweeted directly from Infowars, or if she tweeted from YouTube? Not that one is much better than the other.

Just kidding! Of course it doesn't bother you.

Nice. But okay.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Sure he was being an asshole, but he did not Acosta a woman as Trump's propaganda arm claims.

There were 99 ways that Trump could have handled that interaction with class, but Trump chose complete A-hole.

If Trump didn't have the self control of toddler, he could have simply told Acosta he answered the question even though he didn't and then quietly waited for him to pass the mic along. There was a frenzy of reporters waiting for their turn, they would have eventually tackled Acosta themselves and wrestled the mic away if he didn't give it up.

Instead Trump shouted at him like an angry wannabe-dictator-baby.

At the end of the day Acosta had as much right to act like an asshole as Trump did. That's the way it works in the USA.

It would have been nice to see the President act like a President though.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Ad infinitum..

I agree... Trump needs to be impeached for not having Class.

The last President to be impeached was charged with lying under oath to a federal grand jury and obstruction of justice.

Why not show some patience?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thanks for the link.
I take back my snark about caring.

Don't know if it is also mentioned in that thread, but apart from removal of frames to make the hand movement look quick and more aggressive? Acosta says "excuse me mam" clearly and loudly in the original footage. That specific part of audio was also deleted in Sarah Sanders officially shared clip from infowars.

This is an administration that might be imagined by Orwell.
The Propaganda you are served no longer pretends to be accurate, they have reached a point where they are comfortable releasing doctored footage and not retracting it once proven because they know Trump supporters will support and advocate for it regardless.

This is something minor to a Trump Supporter now. Something that can be dismissed for the greater agenda. But when a President is emboldened once by supporters and not challenged for outright Propaganda? It grows. It would be wise if the right wing did not wait for when a Democrat is in office to start caring about truth, because like all things, it is two steps forward and one back. Abandon the expectation that this is not OK for any President or their spokespeople now and you will not have any credibility to apply the necessary standard once someone you disagree with is in office.

Once upon a time there was a little known forum on the internet with the universal motto "Deny Ignorance" and it's members brought that standard to bare upon all people in power regardless of party.

It was a noble cause at the time and it set that forum apart from cloud of misinformation being peddled on the internet.

edit on 8-11-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Horray for dictatorships, Ministry of Truth, banning public access to ino the government don't want he public to know.

Never said 'impeach' before as Pence is far worse but this is illegal and unconstitutional on so many levels.

Does Trump not know anything about the Press Pool, White House Correspondents - the entire objective as humanly legally binding possible selection process?

He's going to get hung drawn and quartered on every worldwide media platform, freedom, constitutional organisation, human rights, UN, democratic nation in the world.

By far tthe most lunatic move he's ever made in his career. Genuinelyshocked he'd evendream of doing something like this given prior legal/constitutionl/impeacchment threats from his own allies and advisors when he mentioned the idea in an interview earlier this year (March - Mayy time)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Sure he was being an asshole, but he did not Acosta a woman as Trump's propaganda arm claims.

There were 99 ways that Trump could have handled that interaction with class, but Trump chose complete A-hole.

If Trump didn't have the self control of toddler, he could have simply told Acosta he answered the question even though he didn't and then quietly waited for him to pass the mic along. There was a frenzy of reporters waiting for their turn, they would have eventually tackled Acosta themselves and wrestled the mic away if he didn't give it up.

At the end of the day Acosta had as much right to act like an asshole as Trump did. That's the way it works in the USA.

I agree 100%! Impeach Trump for bad acting.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I agree 100%! Impeach Trump for bad acting.

If you say so?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

OK....Makes as much sense as anything I guess.

ALLLLL right... Impeach Trump because I say so!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I imagine to someone whose posts don't make any sense, the rest of the discussion appears to not make sense?

Kind of like crazy people thinking they are sane and everyone else are crazy and such.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Thanks for the link.

Don't know if it is also mentioned in that thread, but apart from removal of frames to make the hand movement look quick and more aggressive? Acosta says "excuse me mam" clearly and loudly in the original footage. That specific part of audio was also deleted in Sarah Sanders officially shared clip from infowars.

The Propaganda you are served no longer pretends to be accurate, they have reached a point where they are comfortable releasing doctored footage and not retracting it once proven because they know Trump supporters will support and advocate for it regardless.

This is something minor to a Trump Supporter now. Something that can be dismissed for the greater agenda. But when a President is emboldened once by supporters and not challenged for outright Propaganda? It grows. It would be wise if the right wing did not wait for when a Democrat is in office to start caring about truth, because like all things, it is two steps forward and one back. Abandon the expectation that this is not OK for any President or their spokespeople now and you will not have any credibility to apply the necessary standard once someone you disagree with is in office.

Once upon a time there was a little known forum on the internet with the universal motto "Deny Ignorance" and it's members brought that standard to bare upon all people in power regardless of party.

It was a noble cause at the time and it set that forum apart from cloud of misinformation being peddled on the internet.

He says pardon me ma'am to the intern, that appears to be trying to stop him, but still disregards her and continues with his rant. Seems to be excuse I'm not finished let me finish, in the context, not excuse me for what I did.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I imagine to someone whose posts don't make any sense, the rest of the discussion appears to not make sense?

Kind of like crazy people thinking they are sane and everyone else are crazy and such.

Nah... its just sarcasm because you impeachers are a bunch of idiots who think you can spin ignorance into logical thought and make it believable because you throw some emotion behind it.

In the end though your just an emotional idiot...LOL

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
This kind of stuff really does concern me.

Its not so much what Trump said although I think calling CNN a "Enemy of the people" is just asking for trouble, what actually worries me is when I look through this thread and read the comments of his supporters. Guys, freedom of the press is a critical component of any democracy, its their job to a extend to ask the difficult questions and challenge the nations leadership. They should be asking him why he was manipulating the story about the Caravan of immigrants, they should be asking him why he described himself as a nationalist, those are legitimate questions and questions that should be asked. Now Trump is just as free to ignore and avoid those questions, thats fine.

What worries me is how some seem to think its wrong for a reporter to challenge the President, its wrong for them to ask the tough questions or that its somehow right of Trump to call the press the enemy of the people when they ask questions he doesn't like.

I can't really agree with him on this.

I don't think that reporter handled it well either but if this was Obama.....if this was some reporter standing up to Obama then I think the views of the Trump supporters on this would be very different.

Meh its crap like this that has be losing my interest in politics, its not politics anymore its a who can piss of who the most context.

This was wrong of Trump, his behaviour was unbecoming of POTUS, you can say that and still support him, but Jesus H. Christ you guys really need to start accepting that he deserves to be called out at times.

Ohhh and please stop pretending that the reporter was assaulting anyone..... its pathetic.

When you guys across the pond get actual freedom of speech let us know.
Acosta was on cnn later whining about the repercussions of his actions, so his and cnns freedom of the press was in no way infringed upon. Since you do not have the same protections I understand your confusion, but not your insistence on broadcasting your ignorance.
Each to his own......

Try watching UK News andjournalists, US are kittens in comparison - meetings at the Daily Mail are called the Vagona Monologues as the editor Dacre calls everyone a #.

Here's a documentary on a court case where Trump and jurnalists Andrew Neil were rumbled sleeping with prostitutes (Turmp liked underage girls with obumbouis, Andrew Neil was into pegging).

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com... - warning head BBC journalist on biggest news program says - '#s are everywhere, and #s are not paying their taxes, the government are chasing millions of #s, we have one of those tax avoiding #s to find out why they're such cuns'....

UK political swearing - Not Safe for Anw here - 'don't mind me I'll treat them with kid gloves, made from real kids'
www.youtube.com...

'The US Iraq intel report is written in Alphabeti Spaghetti, can't believe these kids could walk into the room without tripping over his umbillicle chord

'If it isn't vice president humtpy numpty collapsing off a wall like an egg #..'''' (2 hours in total).
edit on 8-11-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given).

'The information is in your purview? This is a government department not a period drama, who do you think you are, Jane Austin? Shut it Love Actually or I'll ram your purview with lubricated horse cock'.
edit on 8-11-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Thanks for the link.

Acosta says "excuse me mam" clearly and loudly in the original footage. That specific part of audio was also deleted in Sarah Sanders officially shared clip from infowars.

I missed that -- thank you. I don't think that can be dismissed as an error, unless it happened during the missing three frames. Quite convenient, if so.

However, I didn't take that "pardon me" as an apology, but more as "you're in my way." But I concede I really have no idea what was in Acosta's head or heart.

I thought we reached that point under Clinton.... But Trump plays the same games and I'm done with all of it by everyone. I can't change it, but I won't make excuses or applaud it.

The good old days... Back when I felt dwarfed by the wisdom and expertise and experience of the ATS sages....

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Remember James Risen:
www.washingtonpost.com... tm_term=.5bc6f70846f7

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join