It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Acostas Press Pass SUSPENDED.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: DupontDeux

I am not really interesting in a debate with you about UK vs American politics, its quite apparent from you post that you lack any kind knowledge of how UK politics works.

My point is that Trumps dealing with this matter was shambolic and is a slap in the face of freedom of the press, not to education you on the finder points of how UK politics works.

He should have slapped the idiot. He wasn't the only person in the room. He's been tolerated long enough.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

I am not really interesting in a debate with you about UK vs American politics, its quite apparent from you post that you lack any kind knowledge of how UK politics works.

My point is that Trumps dealing with this matter was shambolic and is a slap in the face of freedom of the press, not to education you on the finder points of how UK politics works.

He should have slapped the idiot. He wasn't the only person in the room. He's been tolerated long enough.

Good to see that your a supporter of freedom of the press and freedom of speech.

Don't like what he's saying, "slap the idiot".

hmmmm....

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: notsure1

I certainly do believe that a message must be sent, these people are ruthless and somehow feel that they are in a position to say their two cents to POTUS when they have the chance.

I don't have such a big problem with an adversarial press... so long as they are reporting NEWS, not OPINION.

That's what has happened in America. There are no longer "Op Ed's" in media because it's all opinion all the time, and an increasing audience of Americans is not old enough to know or remember what hard news even looks like.

Jim Acosta is no journalist. He's just an arrogant bloviating gas bag of opinion. In his very first exchange yesterday... he asks a question, then starts "splaining" how Trump is wrong, in Acosta's opinion.

The fact that he struck this intern's arm, was the last straw. By any legal standard, it would garner assault charges, if the woman decided to press charges.
edit on 8-11-2018 by dasman888 because: edit

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The pathetic excuses have begun:

Sarah Sanders is slammed for retweeting conspiracy theorist's 'DOCTORED' video of Jim Acosta's exchange with White House intern that shows CNN reporter 'KARATE CHOPPING' her arm

After a close examination of the altered video side by side with the original video as it first appeared on C-Span, it seems the moment of contact, where Acosta's right arm which is pointing towards the podium coming down on her arm, is sped up to make it appear like he's giving the intern a hard chop.

The altered video also shows the C-Span clip full length, then zooms in once for a closer look at Acosta's arm coming in contact with the intern's.

It is then zoomed in even closer and shown four more quick, successive times. 

Sounds like CNN grasping at straws to me to defend the indefensible.

The article does not specify who conducted the "close examination" of the videos side-by-side, nor are the side-by-side videos presented in the article for the reader to see for themselves.

In either event, there is no doubt that Acosta refused to play by the rules and used physical force against a woman to run roughshod. Not cool and not acceptable. Acosta was out of line. If he refuses to respect long established protocol, he has no place in the White House press pool.
edit on 8-11-2018 by Boadicea because: Spelling: "women" to woman

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Good to see that your a supporter of freedom of the press and freedom of speech.

hmmmm....

Freedom of "Expression" 😆

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

He pushed down on her arm hard enough that her shoulder involuntarily lowered. Fast or slow, that is completely inappropriate.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Jim Acosta is a very intelligent man,

Well, he sure hides it well.

who asks pertinent questions

Ok, beginning to suspect you may be...

that tend to make President Snowflake cringe with hatred.

yep - a genuine rlwn (radical left-wing-nut)

Acosta also very clearly stands up for one of the most important foundations of our democracy --

Freedom of the Press.

Ok, so, by all means, please provide exactly how pulling this rlwn's press creds for asking ridiculous fpbq's (false-premise-based questions) constitutes a restriction on the 1st amendment?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a reply to: Arnie123

I'm surprised so many people support this. I see it as infringement on free press and free speech.

Sorry, Jim is fully free to squeak all he wants on CNN. There is no right of any one person to harass politicians with fpbq's and lies, regardless of who they are or who they work for.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

hmmmm....

You do know that the whole Press conference thing is not a right to be there. they are there at the pleasure of the president.
It would nto be a violation of the 1st amendment if the president kicked all press out of the white house because that is always his right to do so.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

He pushed down on her arm hard enough that her shoulder involuntarily lowered. Fast or slow, that is completely inappropriate.

Yes -- you can see her body react, as well as her facial expression.

And it was no accident or coincidence. His left arm was completely still and out of sight until he brought it up and then down on her arm very deliberately -- twice it appears, the second time more forcefully.

Acosta's "pardon me" doesn't sound like any kind of apology, but rather arrogant and belligerent "get the hell out of my way."

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Maybe the president should pull the press passes of anyone who asks him uncomfortable questions?

That’ll show the press to report anything critical of the government. Where are my real patriots at?

I don't really think That's necessary... Why would you suggest such a thing?

One reporter got his press pass suspended. Why would that ever lead to pulling the press pass of anyone who asks an uncomfortable question?

They've been asking unvomfortable questions ever since the free press has been in existence. It's kind of their job.

You're a funny little guy... You say a lot of silly things that make me smile as I contemplate your strange thought process. You should really try doing some comedy writing or maybe some standup. That thing you do sometimes where you take something like this reporter having his press pass yanked and turn it into some extreme, wild, crazy story about silencing the entire free press is kinda funny. I mean, it needs some work, but, you really seem to have a grasp of the comedy tool known as exaggeration. Ive seen comics exaggerate before. It's hilarious.

Like Loius Anderson, he acts like whenever he does Anything to displease his father even a little, his father glares at him and cocks his gun threateningly. Like he's threatening to shoot his own son for a relatively minor infraction. It's hilarious.

I think, with some work and real dedication, you could be almost as good as Louise Anderson...

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

hmmmm....

Shut up before I (verbally) slap you, idiot. (all in in jest)

In My country you show respect to your host and the host makes the rules. You don't like it, don't come to my house anymore. Plain and simple.

He is doing them a COURTESY by inviting them. Being rude is unacceptable, for the guests, unless they don't mind being asked to leave then feel free. Are you starting to get it yet? It's called freedom, you should really try some.

Your pansy ass would get hauled off to jail for making jokes so don't try talking to us about freedom of speech or press or criticize the mote of dust in our eye until you address the log sized splinter sticking out of your own eye.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

That was after she assaulted him grabbing at the mic.

While her job may be to hand the mic around she doesn't have the right to pry it from his hands. That is what security or just a soundman is for. Cut his mic. Simple.

If he wants to continue being a baby after his mic is cut remove him.

Of coarse the whole thing is absurd and nobody was assaulted.

Acosta is the left's alex Jones and doesnt deserve to be in there. Cnn can just put someone else in there who isnt trying out for Broadway.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Tolerated? LOL
whatev dude.
LOL
Meanwhile back at the ranch... trump just wants to control every narrative and he wanted to own that presser so he got pissy when it got to the hard questions he knows he cant answer. Or the questions that callout the many lies he told to get people to go out and vote republican all the last few weeks. He just could not have that. Not in the middle of him trying to convince all of us that he had such a great victory again when in fact the GOP was shown the door even in middle america.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I just came for the pissy page 19 sass comments.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Shhh, they're fighting. It was just getting good, don't spoil it. Popcorn?

ETA The guy was an arrogant, manner-less fool. Some people don't seem to understand the concept of "being a guest". You can and may be asked to leave at any time for no reason.

Can you imagine someone trying this with The Queen?

edit on 8/11/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

In the UK we have freedom of speech, I am free to express myself in anyway I wish.

I can stand in placement and say I am against homosexual marriage for example and not wind up in jail. A journalist can ask some difficult questions and not lose their access to politicians. Its somewhat strange that you seem to think that as a American you are somehow more free than others.

Since you do not have the same protections I understand your confusion

Kind of ironic that you are talking about this kind of stuff yet in the same breath defending a president who has shown time and time again he does not respect or understand the concept of freedom of the press and denounces them as a enemy of the people.

Yeah tell that to Tommy Robinson. Freedom of Speech as long as your government approves.

You are the one that does not understand freedom of speech. Nobody is stopping Acosta from saying anything. He can get on youtube, CNN, the street and run his mouth to his hearts content.

All that was done was remove his platform of white house correspondent because he broke the rules. He has done so repeatedly.

The president has been incredibly tolerant of the slanderous press. What you are failing to understand is they are lying about him constantly and he has no alternative but to fight back or their lies become defacto truth.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

hmmmm....

How come you don't understand it has nothing to do with what he said or how he said it? April Ryan asks just as stupid questions everyday. She still has her pass and will not lose it.

It has everything to do with him not giving up the microphone, asking more than his allotted number of questions, and continuing to shout crap out from the audience.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

That was after she assaulted him grabbing at the mic.

No. Reaching for the mic was perfectly acceptable and within protocol. At no time did she use force against his person to do what she had the authority to do.

Acosta was a guest. He had no right nor authority to refuse to relinquish the mic. Not his mic, not his venue, not his show.

While her job may be to hand the mic around she doesn't have the right to pry it from his hands.

At no time did she try to pry it from his hands. She reached for the mic, as authorized to do, and he should have relinquished it to her in accordance with long established protocol.

That is what security or just a soundman is for. Cut his mic. Simple.

And now that Acosta has set the bar for bad behavior, perhaps such a step will now be added to protocol.

If he wants to continue being a baby after his mic is cut remove him.

Done.

Of coarse the whole thing is absurd and nobody was assaulted.

I'm certainly not suggesting Acosta go to jail for this incident, but knowing he would do this in front of the world, I have to wonder what he would do if no one were watching.

Acosta is the left's alex Jones and doesnt deserve to be in there. Cnn can just put someone else in there who isnt trying out for Broadway.

Unless they boycott the White House altogether as some have threatened!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Lol, nope.

The reason security procedures are the way they are is to avoid a person not in law enforcement or security from interacting with hostile people.

She literally grabbed the microphone while at his face. She reached across his body went a few inches from his mouth and pulled in the microphone.

By the way it's all ridiculous. There was no assault.

If cnn boycotts the White House that is their right to being self absorbed narcissists.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join