It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Acostas Press Pass SUSPENDED.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
If it were a conservative reporter acting this way towards Hillary, he would have committed suicide by two shots to the back of his head. Acosta should count himself lucky.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
This kind of stuff really does concern me.

Its not so much what Trump said although I think calling CNN a "Enemy of the people" is just asking for trouble, what actually worries me is when I look through this thread and read the comments of his supporters. Guys, freedom of the press is a critical component of any democracy, its their job to a extend to ask the difficult questions and challenge the nations leadership. They should be asking him why he was manipulating the story about the Caravan of immigrants, they should be asking him why he described himself as a nationalist, those are legitimate questions and questions that should be asked. Now Trump is just as free to ignore and avoid those questions, thats fine.

What worries me is how some seem to think its wrong for a reporter to challenge the President, its wrong for them to ask the tough questions or that its somehow right of Trump to call the press the enemy of the people when they ask questions he doesn't like.

I can't really agree with him on this.

I don't think that reporter handled it well either but if this was Obama.....if this was some reporter standing up to Obama then I think the views of the Trump supporters on this would be very different.

Meh its crap like this that has be losing my interest in politics, its not politics anymore its a who can piss of who the most context.

This was wrong of Trump, his behaviour was unbecoming of POTUS, you can say that and still support him, but Jesus H. Christ you guys really need to start accepting that he deserves to be called out at times.

Ohhh and please stop pretending that the reporter was assaulting anyone..... its pathetic.
edit on 8-11-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ohhh and please stop pretending that the reporter was assaulting anyone..... its pathetic.

Well, you got the part right.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
a reply to: JinMI

Gramblers post specifically stated he was routinely “called a rascist” not asked if he was a racist. There’s a difference.

Hahahaha!

“Excuse me mr president are you a racist?”

Hey I didn’t call him a racist, I just asked if he was one!

Hahahahaha!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: BlackJackal

Why don’t you go live on the Rez for a little while longer so that you can understand the mysteries of the universe and come back and share that with us
That is borderline racist and quite disgusting. Didn't expect that from you.

It literally is Racist, because in another thread i offered up my experiences on the rez in regard to a political situation.......

But hey, its right wingers that are racist.........right?

Did you ever one time identify as a Native American? Nope. So how in the hell am I racist? Because I told you to go back and live in the fictional multiple reservations you claimed to live in? Dude, you could be Asian, Muslum, or even a 400 pound Eskimo. This is the internet where people pretend to be someone they are not. Unless your real name is the Manbehindthemask.

It’s funny, that you take what I said on the internet without even knowing you, just mocking a word you used as rascist. But all those times that people in real life accused Trump of being racist, nah those don’t count! But this one here on the internet, it counts! Are you in the least bit capable of seeing the utter hypocrisy in your position?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kyosuke

You remember the part where Trump said that it was a violation of free speech for Obama to do that? Sure you do, you know the hypocrite in chief better than me.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Acosta's job is to ask questions, ask a few more then sit down. Its not about making the news about himself. He also should never have done that with his arm against the intern trying to get the microphone. That was a no-no.
edit on 8-11-2018 by talisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Its not so much what Trump said although I think calling CNN a "Enemy of the people" is just asking for trouble, what actually worries me is when I look through this thread and read the comments of his supporters. Guys, freedom of the press is a critical component of any democracy, its their job to a extend to ask the difficult questions and challenge the nations leadership. They should be asking him why he was manipulating the story about the Caravan of immigrants, they should be asking him why he described himself as a nationalist, those are legitimate questions and questions that should be asked. Now Trump is just as free to ignore and avoid those questions, thats fine.

What worries me is how some seem to think its wrong for a reporter to challenge the President, its wrong for them to ask the tough questions or that its somehow right of Trump to call the press the enemy of the people when they ask questions he doesn't like.

I don't think that reporter handled it well either but if this was Obama.....if this was some reporter standing up to Obama then I think the views of the Trump supporters on this would be very different.

Meh its crap like this that has be losing my interest in politics, its not politics anymore its a who can piss of who the most context.

This was wrong of Trump, his behaviour was unbecoming of POTUS, you can say that and still support him, but Jesus H. Christ you guys really need to start accepting that he deserves to be called out at times.

First off, CNN is not "the free press". CNN is a political partisan outlet for Democrats. The network promotes and advances a Democrat party agenda. The only time you'll find them "asking the tough questions" is in service to that agenda. Which means they only ever put Republicans on the hot seat. When Democrats are in the white house, they change gears to attacking and discrediting critics of that administration. If CNN had it's way it would be one party in charge of government and media. This is what makes them and others like them, the enemy of the people.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Even the lefties on here can't admit that Acosta acted like a child, wouldn't sit down, wouldn't hand the microphone over, and is a poor example of a human being.

Keep it up!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

When you guys across the pond get actual freedom of speech let us know.
Acosta was on cnn later whining about the repercussions of his actions, so his and cnns freedom of the press was in no way infringed upon. Since you do not have the same protections I understand your confusion, but not your insistence on broadcasting your ignorance.
Each to his own......

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
CNN has been too politicized for a very long time, don't believe it, watch this off the record talk between Larry and Clinton from the 90's election cycle. The very end is the critical part.

Gives new meaning to the Clinton News Network
edit on 8-11-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

In the UK we have freedom of speech, I am free to express myself in anyway I wish.

I can stand in placement and say I am against homosexual marriage for example and not wind up in jail. A journalist can ask some difficult questions and not lose their access to politicians. Its somewhat strange that you seem to think that as a American you are somehow more free than others.

Since you do not have the same protections I understand your confusion

Kind of ironic that you are talking about this kind of stuff yet in the same breath defending a president who has shown time and time again he does not respect or understand the concept of freedom of the press and denounces them as a enemy of the people.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Even the lefties on here can't admit that Acosta acted like a child, wouldn't sit down, wouldn't hand the microphone over, and is a poor example of a human being.

Keep it up!

Yup he didn't handle it well atoll.

Now your turn, can you acknowledge that Trump didn't dead with it well either?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Idk if it's funny or sad that you interpret what happened yesterday is as you described.

You are not alone either, nor am I. The differences in the reality is staggering.

I'm honestly perplexed.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
As a former reporter he should share the questions. It's not his personal press conference it's the Presidents.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
His job is to ask questions in a respecful manner and report it to the people.

Instead he leads with "I want to Challenege you..."
That's not how you ask the President a question at a press conference. It's not his job to debate.

Because Jim couldn't keep hs cool and respect the office and forgot he's a journalist and not an activist, he lost his access. Someone else from CNN will get that acess and the world will move on.
edit on 8-11-2018 by PublishedShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: angeldoll

It means they are free to report whatever they like. The press itself is free to do so.

Acosta is not the entire press. The news isn't being denied stories, just have to use someone else to get them.

Further, free press doesn't compel the government to facilitate the press only prevents Congress from passing laws abridging the free press or other first amendment rights.

Free press = freedom to publish, not facilitation of interviews or publishing.

Acosta has all the free press is the World. He can publish freely. Just not from the WH.

And you don't have a problem with this? That the tantrum throwing Wuss can 't handle intelligent questions?

You mean the questions that the President has answered multiple times?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

In the UK we have freedom of speech, I am free to express myself in anyway I wish.

I can stand in placement and say I am against homosexual marriage for example and not wind up in jail. A journalist can ask some difficult questions and not lose their access to politicians. Its somewhat strange that you seem to think that as a American you are somehow more free than others.

Sure.

Until Parliament passes a new law.
Your freedom of speech is not constitutionally protected.

Heck, you don't even HAVE a constitution as such - when it comes down to it, there are no checks and balances. Parliament (if they could ever agree) even could decide to do away with elections and sit an infinite amount of time.

So you may have freedom of speech, but it is NOT protected.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

I am not really interesting in a debate with you about UK vs American politics, its quite apparent from you post that you lack any kind knowledge of how UK politics works.

My point is that Trumps dealing with this matter was shambolic and is a slap in the face of freedom of the press, not to education you on the finder points of how UK politics works.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: loam
Activist or journalist?

I'm pretty sure I know which one he is.

Good. CNN can send the next bozo and try again.

Jim Acosta is a very intelligent man, who asks pertinent questions that tend to make President Snowflake cringe with hatred. Acosta also very clearly stands up for one of the most important foundations of our democracy --

Freedom of the Press.

Which many of you seem to have forgotten in the midst of all the chaos from President Miscreant.

I just want to give you a thumbs up. Although I am pretty much on the opposite side, I'm intrigued that you got seven stars, thus far. And most of the opposition posts have way more. OTOH, I personally, cannot get a star to stick. I suspect there is an algorithm in play.

At any rate...way to hang in. These conversations are valuable only to the extent that they make us think, and consider our own positions. I try to do that always.I figure I'm batting about .500. But game requires some form of opposition.

So, thank-you.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join