It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Acostas Press Pass SUSPENDED.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: BlackJackal

Why don’t you go live on the Rez for a little while longer so that you can understand the mysteries of the universe and come back and share that with us
That is borderline racist and quite disgusting. Didn't expect that from you.

It literally is Racist, because in another thread i offered up my experiences on the rez in regard to a political situation.......

But hey, its right wingers that are racist.........right?

Isn't it satisfying to get to the point in a conversation when you can evoke from the adversary the very things that they cling to as evil?

Simple words did this! Well those words that are backed by facts and a lil logic.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

And they were absolutely right to make that judgement call in my opinion. All Acosta had to do was show just an ounce of professionalism. All he had to do to maintain that professionalism, which would have meant he got to keep his press pass, would have been to simply ask his one question, and pass the mic. Exactly as everyone else at those press conferences tend to do. A little bit of relevance would have been nice too. I'm still trying to figure out what the Russia investigation and the caravan were relevant to the matter at hand.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Ok well I happen to be concerned...we seem to be dismantling the constitution and while this particular instance isnt the actual issue like I keep saying there are other issues with the press I am concerned with.

I dont disagree, and I think we are getting super duper dangerously close to it......

Now I also fully understand as john stewart eloquently stated trump says on the medias narcissism and they eat it up.

I agree with that, I think they have moved (its been a process for 20 years now imho) farther into "battle " mode instead of truth mode, in which they FIGHT instead of looking for truth, they seem to target things and harp on them in an effort do discredit through slander , INSTEAD of actually looking for truth.....

I just dont care. It's a waste of time for the president to go after the press for the sake of populism.

Eh , I dont give him that much credit, Im pretty sure he did this because he was just DONE with Acosta, and more probably? He did it at the behest of the advisers as an example for how NOT to act.........

I dont think he would have done it otherwise, he THRIVES on these sort of exchanges.......I think this was probably an action that was advised .......

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Good!!!! about time.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

dbl , please fix the loads ATS

Your posts are literally smug attacks on what I know or you think I dont know. With no substance to back them up if you want to list them all again it's pretty obvious you didnt bother to listen to what I was saying and figured I was a raging liberal.

There is nothing smug about anything I say, its just a logical standpoint from someone standing in the middle looking at how things work from both sides.......

You guys really need to calm down and stop feeling youre attacked , both the left and the right, when youre being challenged on whats being said.........

I also never called YOU a raging liberal.......

Sure..

......im sorry, I was under the impression you were smart enough to understand all the points I had made....... 

My apologies i wont make the same mistake again......

a reply to: luthier 

youtube is your research? 

Please post actual information from actual sources with actual facts from anything youve said

More proof you dont do your research, he hasnt increased anything.....please if were going to have an intellectual debate, lets be honest with our accusations here........ 

I didnt say HIS , I said the US's rating on emissions and environment, and yes it is better......again do your research and stop letting your bias control your thoughts

That would work if you actually understood what was being said in that video..........

For the record I have done my research. If you want to say off topic fine, if you want to say nuh huh everything is perfect with no evidence that's lame.

Also its obvious you were plenty rude.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I am sorry you have to deal with attacks like that.
They are completely unacceptable.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaah dont be, im use to it, im not that senstivie......people do what they do, all we can do is provide what we know and let people make their own decisions.......

ignorance doesnt hurt or offend me in the slightest, it just illustrates the hypocrites.......

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

again.........where did i call you a raging liberal ??????

Nothing you linked said so?? you made an accusation, but nothing you linked or quoted says so?????????
edit on 11/7/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

But smug and rude yes?

I mean I dont care I was rude as hell, but after you assumed without any evidence provided I didn't know what I was talking about.

edit on 7-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

You deserve to be Acosta, I mean accosted and your ATS pass suspended for that garbage. Your bar was already pretty low but you've somehow managed to stoop even lower.

Congrats

edit on 8-11-2018 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

But smug and rude yes?

What was smug? my only claim that could POSSIBLY be said as smug was that you didnt understand what you saw........and thats not even smug, thats stating my opinion on what was being said in the video......

Youre going off a tangent and trying to justify your view of ME, which is completely off topic of the OP.

What I did was tell you, you dont understand the actual video you posted, which was suppose to be in line with the actual subject matter.........

Youve turned this into a thing about Manbehindthemask, and derailing the thread while claiming im the one whose smug.......

Really?

I even tried to bring it back to the common ground we have with each other on the subject of the OP...........apparently you arent having it..........

Hard pass...........

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

But smug and rude yes?

The evidence is because of how you interpreted the video...........that doesnt make me smug........that makes me detail oriented........jesus christ.......

This thread ISNT ABOUT ME........

Youre attacking me for your own reasons..........again, I tried to aknowledge and bring this back around to what we actually agreed upon and you keep going..........good god.........
edit on 11/7/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is a good comparison of who different administrations treated the press...

Link

"Over the past eight years, the administration has prosecuted nine cases involving whistle-blowers and leakers, compared with only three by all previous administrations combined," Risen wrote for The Times in a Dec. 30, 2016 column. "It has repeatedly used the Espionage Act, a relic of World War I-era red-baiting, not to prosecute spies but to go after government officials who talked to journalists."

The article is a good read showing that press access has improved with Trump.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

But smug and rude yes?

What was smug? my only claim that could POSSIBLY be said as smug was that you didnt understand what you saw........and thats not even smug, thats stating my opinion on what was being said in the video......

Youre going off a tangent and trying to justify your view of ME, which is completely off topic of the OP.

What I did was tell you, you dont understand the actual video you posted, which was suppose to be in line with the actual subject matter.........

Youve turned this into a thing about Manbehindthemask, and derailing the thread while claiming im the one whose smug.......

Really?

I even tried to bring it back to the common ground we have with each other on the subject of the OP...........apparently you arent having it..........

Hard pass...........

Uh I am fine dont be so sensitive.

But you were rude and smug. Which is fine.

Apparently you decided to jump into a conversation you didnt read all of between me and grambler.

Again no worries just not letting you get away with what you are accusing others with.

Ironically you mentioned honesty about intellectual debate.

Everything I said I can prove and did. That wasn't the same for you. You made vague references about me not knowing, however couldn't point out what was wrong...

Anyhow nice chat. We mostly agree. As an independent and skeptic I tend to dig as a skeptic. Not as a glossy eyed fan. Or in response to the "other side"
edit on 8-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I know I'm late to the party here but just a couple things to note:

I find it interesting that very few on here have actually acknowledged that Trump DID answer his "questions", but Acosta didn't like the answers so he went on to try and make statements toward the the answers given because he disagrees with Trump.

Then after Trump answered again and again Acosta just KEPT going! If I was another journalist there id be pissed! He was literally just trying to have a debate with Trump. Not ok.

Acosta was acting like an Antifa member IMO, and needs to take his extremist activism elsewhere. "Journalists" should not act that way. I hope he gets the boot for good. Screw him.

We need to get real journalism back, and belligerent activists like him need to gtfo of the white house and go yell their hateful rhetoric on the street corners.
edit on 8-11-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

He was literary like alex Jones in there.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Jim Acosta karate chops a White House staffer's arm, and his bosses at CNN lavishes the bastard with praise!

LMFAO, what are you, an 11 year old girl?
Was Acosta out of line..yes he absolutely was, but to call that a karate chop is about as snowflake/pansy as it gets.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Right. If he wants to endlessly bloviate and talk over everyone with no limits, he is welcome to do that at the studio. That's freedom of thr press. Can you imagine if all the reporters treated press events at the WH as their personal stage? Anarchy. Just put an end to fhe madness. There are lines we don't cross. Manhandling interns because you don't want to surrender the mic should be one of them.

He stopped long ago reporting the news, now he wants to be the news...

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Jim Acosta karate chops a White House staffer's arm, and his bosses at CNN lavishes the bastard with praise!

Was Acosta out of line..yes he absolutely was, but to call that a karate chop is about as snowflake/pansy as it gets.

Everyone is a victim now. And very sensitive.

There is a whole victimology point system for liberals and conservatives.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Everyone is a victim now. And very sensitive.

There is a whole victimology point system for liberals and conservatives.

I like to go by the saying that you can't be the victim if you throw the first punch. I don't see the staffer making a stink, however it's still a new story.
edit on 8-11-2018 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I'm not a Trump fan, but I don't blame him(Trump), I would get tired of the same stupid f'ing question's about Russians.
They need to give it a bit of a rest.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join