It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow Americans, We Need To Act Now!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: tonycodes

Gonna have to be Devil's Advocate. Saying this won't change a damn thing with a full swamp invested in Goldman Sachs, etc. There wouldn't be enough people as it is anyway to have it happen, heck can't even gather enough of the masses to go independent to crush the two party system!

S&F despite the above, good thinking.

I hear ya, I made this post bc I think its our biggest threat and no one seems to even talk about it. I figure if I explain how I am doing my part, maybe it might inspire someone else to do the same. Its not like after a year or two your life isnt badass anyway by owning a small manufacturing business. But again, if most people did the right thing, we wouldnt be in this mess in the first place as a society.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Exactly, good for that.

Or maybe many finally learning but not taking the proper context of it yet anyway, that this is our country is not theirs; the politicians, the lobbyist, the paid for, etc.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Most Americans cannot live without Internet, Iphone, or Cable. Cannot live without at least 2 - 10 pairs of shoes or nice PC/Tablet.

Internet - fastest available.
iPhone -several
Cable-all channels
Shoes - 4 pair
PCs - 5 (including 2 laptops. I will not demean myself with a tablet . I am a gamer)

Could I live without them ? - Sure , after all I am a Good Ol Georgia Long-Haired Country Boy

Your point was?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
May I add term limits and overthrowing Citizens United to your plan? Govt is not our redemption, but it still should be govt by and for the people.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Sadly, the majority of people don't care...but kudos to you and your company.

It would take tons of people to care, and they don't past their Siri, Internet's, smart phones, vid 3d games...and they just don't see or get it.

You're commendable for giving a damn..I'm with you! But the majority arent interested...nor do I believe they can get into being so. Even if it affects them (sadly). It's the "today" society"...worry about tomorrow-tomorrow.

Thanks..

edit on 7-11-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't believe we owe anything like the current figure.
The creation of the Federal Reserve was an unconstitutional act.
They have been getting paid interest every year on the money the treasury circulates.
This has allowed them to create a new world order in fact.
We don't owe them anything but a hard kick in the ass.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

SUPER freaking important topic! Usury & excessive interest combined with a propped up financial system and an entire economy addicted to credit will NOT end well and we are running out of time!!

I’m happy to say I’ve paid off everything from my schooling, to my credit cards and now am way ahead on my car payments and am trying like the dickens to get that paid off ASAP as well, even though it means sacrificing other things. This credit problem is a house of cards!!

But what can we do in the grand scheme of things? Elected “representatives” have No accountability and just want to keep promising things to get elected even though they don’t follow through (pensions for example). Then they want tax cuts, huge government spending and no way to fund it, dogging is deeper and deeper into unpayable debt.

What. Can. We. Do!? Other than with our own personal finances I mean? Your Op presents great thoughts and I think it’s a start... we need the masses or at least “critical mass” to act ASAP, like yesterday

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I don't believe we owe anything like the current figure.
The creation of the Federal Reserve was an unconstitutional act.
They have been getting paid interest every year on the money the treasury circulates.
This has allowed them to create a new world order in fact.
We don't owe them anything but a hard kick in the ass.

You are correct.

"We the people" do not "owe" anything to an organization which simply types numbers into a computer to "say" the government has more money out of nothing.

They are simply expanding / increasing the digital money supply through inflation.

Unfortunately, they will never pay out retirement / social security for us if they decided to crash the system.

www.thebalance.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

Simple and concise(is that redundant?) and I wish I could give you more stars.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Shhh...

They are trying to blame those dirt poor people next door.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Success only comes from within, as
self-sustainable.
Foreign cheap labor, foreign resources is NOT
a solution but chasing your hat in the wind.
Exploitation will always catch up with you,
bad karma
and dire consequences.

~
edit on 8/11/18 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The US. Is 21+ Trillion dollars in debt/I.O.U.

Has 21+ Trillion I.O.U. "Federal Reserve Notes" (nongovernmental organization) ever been printed? Regardless of denominations?

Some how Congress got away with delegating one of it's limited task to a private banking cartel/cartels. When the "law" specifically states it's their job! Not Dems. Not Republicans. Not Libs. Nobody holding their feet to the fire.

Instead all these educated, civilized citizens are worried about congress passing legislation so a man, that thinks he's a woman, can use the woman's restroom.

To many takers, have been promised stuff. To many takers "educated"(trained) to think it's the governments job to provide for them. Thinking that's what they pay taxes for!

The greatest generation did some great things. But they really srewed the pooch on keeping the government in check

OP. I'm happy for you. Best of luck in your endeavors. But there's no hope for saving this country. Best shot we got is dying a little longer.

To many heathens and "educated" idiots worrying about things the founders of this country would have had swift and just answers for. They didn't have to deal with men marrying each other, or what to do with a murderer, wether a woman had the right to kill her baby, etc.

Congress had very few task. And they screwed everyone of them up so bad, not even the next congress can fix it.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Or we could go back to Reagan who actually tried to shrink government a little bit. That's what we need more of.

Hopefully. We'll see.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Most Americans cannot live without Internet, Iphone, or Cable. Cannot live without at least 2 - 10 pairs of shoes or nice PC/Tablet.

iPhone -several
Cable-all channels
Shoes - 4 pair
PCs - 5 (including 2 laptops. I will not demean myself with a tablet . I am a gamer)

Could I live without them ? - Sure , after all I am a Good Ol Georgia Long-Haired Country Boy

Your point was?

That 30 years ago no American had such expenses.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Shhh...

Those poor people only have themselves to blame for not being born with a silver spoon up their ass.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Thank you... All of you are giving me good insight and appreciation for my hard stance on this, I’m a registered democrat and I do get # sometimes from other dems bc I personally don’t put social issues ahead of this debt issue, but as far as I am concerned this issue will wreak havoc in the lives of the most vulnerable among us. And even though I don’t approve of the fed completely, it is a great place for our country to borrow money from in a disaster, like how we did to get us out of the recession and a possible insolvency of the credit system. We may not owe them as much as stated but we still owe them for the loan. Also, we should not rely on any govt or political movement to solve this. Ending the fed or voting in more tax changes is not needed and won’t work in time.

All that’s needed from the govt is a president to make the tariffs fair, lower taxes for small businesses and lower the value of the US dollar in a CONTROLLED way. We have a president that is doing that. Now it’s up to us as citizens to do our part and start spearheading the topics i listed in the op.

Do yourself a favor and watch on YouTube how easy it is to work on a Tesla or electric vehicle compared to a gas vehicle. ALOT of opportunity is happening in the energy sector right now and its ground floor for anyone to get in. Having a small business converting gas cars to electric (I would LOVE to do this with a classic, 1960s, James Bond MK2… if you’re in SoCal and want to do the same thing, PM me) or really manufacturing anything helps our country get over this debt. They even figured out how to store solar energy in liquid form this week and Great Britain has more gigawatts in electric energy than fossil fuel. Fossil fuels don’t even make sense really anymore bc the battery tech took HUGE leaps this year. Next year it will be even greater.

ANYWAY

Back to the threat at hand. Time for some charts. My second favorite charts next to my personal algorithms, are Dollar inverse charts.
(If you right click on the chart and open in a new tab they should be bigger and easier to read)

So, as you can see when the value of the Dollar drops, then Corn goes up in price. Recessions, depressions, and too much debt will make the dollar drop too low and food prices skyrocket. During the recession prices for Corn doubled. If this debt gets too big and starts to default for any reason than Corn and food prices will go WAY higher than double or triple in price.

Here are Soybeans and Wheat, respectively. Same thing.

Soybeans

Wheat

This isn’t much of a conspiracy, it's a real problem. If you believe in an NWO this debt creates a perfect scenario to kill ALOT of people while they are being entertained by the theater of politics and led to slaughter. I really feel like THE BIG ONE earthquake that could hit LA or SF at any point would crush the insurance industry which is backed by bonds. Also, you know what is 200 lbs., can easily be broken down into pieces, and then put back together? A dirty bomb. When the USSR went under, they had fire sales of anything they could sell. Like AK47's to terrorists. They also had tons and tons of plutonium for sale. There is plutonium from the USSR, in some jerkoff’s basement, that can easily be brought into our country, through our southern border. Maybe even our northern border. Once a dirty bomb is set off in a city, that city is toast, not everyone in the USA dies. But you know what happens next? The whole system must go through hell and maybe come to a halt bc we won’t know for sure how many OTHER dirty bombs got through and that process to check everywhere will be life altering. Let alone fixing the nuked city and its part in our infrastructure. Bottom line, our financial system can’t take a major hit right now bc of the debt and there are threats out there that can kick our ass bc we are vulnerable. we are the frog and the political theater drama none sense combined with the debt is slowly boiling us.

And to the dick who said I am a waste on the US system and that I wasn’t able to teach myself after high school without getting raped by a college... YOU SIR and your negative # is EXACTLY what AMERICANS don’t need right now. Get to work and put your energy where it can actually do some good instead of trying to knock people down bc of your own insecurities. Ignorance isn’t bliss. Life is EASIER than it’s ever been in history and if you are not building people up to work against this debt issue, than you are part of this debt issue. I am ok with anyone suggesting parts of my analysis could be wrong and backing it up with the knowledge that proves their point. But if you’re just going to try and shoot people down with generalities, ignorance, and Ad hominems, I will be the first one to go back to my hood ways and roast your bully ass.

We have to be pretty lazy as a society to ruin what the last 100 years has given us. It’s not too late, renewable energy just took major leaps in 2018, now we have to think about how we can be sustainable as a country and reverse the debt. If you want a glimpse of what can happen to us, just check out the inflation in Venezuela. Their politicians screwed their monetary system too and they are a glimpse into a debt filled future.

Also, I am all for college, just try and take classes on something that is actually in demand. Engineering and Psychology come to mind. No pun intended. I started my first business at 12 selling stationary products door to door and made 300 a month and was hooked on entrepreneurship. Now I’m 35. I don’t expect most people to skip college like I did, and I would not recommend it. That doesn’t mean you can’t do what I described in the op either. Just make sure you're stable first and do what I am recommending in your spare time. It will still work.

I really appreciate knowing I’m not the only one that is awake enough to recognize this threat to our future. And if you have some sort of source or knowledge that goes against what I am stating here I really am interested in checking it out.

Thank you again to everyone for your responses, except for that #in hater.

edit on 8-11-2018 by tonycodes because: direction on how to open charts to be bigger in a new tab

edit on 8-11-2018 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: chr0naut

Shhh...

Those poor people only have themselves to blame for not being born with a silver spoon up their ass.

Indeed! How dare they.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

originally posted by: Gothmog

iPhone -several
Cable-all channels
Shoes - 4 pair

Your point was?

That 30 years ago no American had such expenses.

Yeah , dang , I did not have those .
I did have TV , a phone , 3 PCs and the internet though
Oh , and shoes too

Wait , that means technically we had those things 30 years ago . And , you can expand your timeframe back to 40 years
Now ,at 50 years ago the public did not have internet.
So , again , what was your point ?
That you hate for technology to progress ?
That is the only point I can come up with

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Cable is dead, waste of money, internet is all you need. Most people spend too much on their cellphone services too. You just have to put in some work and tweak your expenses to make them manageable. No one is going to die if they dont get the newest expensive gadget that just dropped. And some of these shoes should be treated like collectors items at this point, not necessary clothing.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

We need to do a better job with our economy guys and "immigrants are good for our economy" so I guess it's our fault for not letting in enough immigrants.

We let in more than any other nation in the world, but I guess we just didn't try hard enough because everyone knows more immigration equals more money. Countries with strict immigration are just really humble, generous people. They don't need a fancy, stable, productive economy. They are so kind they let us have all the treasure.

Damn, can you imagine how screwed we would be then, if we Didn't let in all the immigrants that have came in the last 10 or 20 or 30 years?

Its a good thing we let in enough to keep our economy going this long. If only Hillary had won, we couldve abolished ICE, open our borders completely and we might have been able to get out of this mess.

edit- sorry i was just being a jerk but I love your entrepreneurial attitude. People don't understand how easy it is and that is frustrating to me.
edit on 11/8/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join